180 day lab test of Avid, Forbid, Floramite, Eagle 20

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trixxi

Trixxi

Yea this thread should definitely be taken down what a waste of time. Results should have been posted by now. I have heard eagle 20 is toxic when it burns so it may be good to spray on stone fruit but not cannabis. I have met a few growers over the years severely injured in life altering ways due to cannabis. Now it's not related but one guy burned half of his body making hash. There's just no reason to get that dangerous.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Her point is a lot like mine below. If bro-science rules the day, then we all rue that day. And unfortunately, bro-science rules much of cannabis cultivation. Are you suggesting there *aren't* 'idiots' growing weed and doing stupid stuff? If so, I'll debate that point.
Yea this thread should definitely be taken down what a waste of time. Results should have been posted by now. I have heard eagle 20 is toxic when it burns so it may be good to spray on stone fruit but not cannabis. I have met a few growers over the years severely injured in life altering ways due to cannabis. Now it's not related but one guy burned half of his body making hash. There's just no reason to get that dangerous.
I posted a thread here years ago, lost during the site server switch & transition, discussing the main issue with E20 (because while I could find problems with other ingredients, the myclobutanil itself wasn't), which is very specifically that it causes resistance in fungi, and can do so with a quickness. Add to that the fact that *many* growers don't buy properly labeled E20, let alone apply it properly (if you've been here a while, you've seen all the threads I have asking how much of a product to apply, as though they either have no label or can't read it) and we've got resistant fungi. And the kicker is, it's noted in the label/white papers BY the manufacturer themselves!

Trixxi

Trixxi

I was not intentionally fear mongeri g and you are right stupid people do stupid things, even cannabis growers. A lot of things in this field lack credible information like the eagle20 product. I have never used it but I started working at a large recreational grow right after they stopped using e20 and I have to agree about resistant fungi because the powder mildew was like nothing I have ever seen with its absolute ruthless tenacity. Many harvests for several months have gone straight to "shatter" because tests don't lie and we could not market it. And my boss told me about how eagle 20 is not safe when burned. I checked into this thread searching for more information about that. It seems many people will continue to use it because it works. Well when you stop using it because you realize it is toxic when burned the powder mildew is waiting dormant to return.

Hasn't anyone seen the news stories where people burn themselves / property damage doing hash with butane? When you meet someone who has experienced the full body burn your heart goes to them in the moment of their stupid tragedy. You don't look at their scars and laugh.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When you meet someone who has experienced the full body burn your heart goes to them in the moment of their stupid tragedy. You don't look at their scars and laugh.
Not if you're a caring person at all you don't. I can't disagree with anything you've said, and I'm REALLY glad that garden has stopped using E20!!

If you're interested, I get most of my gardening/farming information from a magazine called Acres, USA. They do publish some stuff that's kind of along the lines of voodoo magic, but it's all about 'boots on the ground' and where the rubber meets the road, aka making a living.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How the fuck do you get burned making hash? What did you light your freaking eyebrows on fire or something?

Lol

mack 10

mack 10

I was not intentionally fear mongeri g and you are right stupid people do stupid things, even cannabis growers. A lot of things in this field lack credible information like the eagle20 product. I have never used it but I started working at a large recreational grow right after they stopped using e20 and I have to agree about resistant fungi because the powder mildew was like nothing I have ever seen with its absolute ruthless tenacity. Many harvests for several months have gone straight to "shatter" because tests don't lie and we could not market it. And my boss told me about how eagle 20 is not safe when burned. I checked into this thread searching for more information about that. It seems many people will continue to use it because it works. Well when you stop using it because you realize it is toxic when burned the powder mildew is waiting dormant to return.

Hasn't anyone seen the news stories where people burn themselves / property damage doing hash with butane? When you meet someone who has experienced the full body burn your heart goes to them in the moment of their stupid tragedy. You don't look at their scars and laugh.

if you couldn't sell the bud due to contamination making it into bho is worse.
you just concentrated all that contamination. plus won't it show up in the tests the same as bud?

Trixxi

Trixxi

I don't know how the company I work for does extractions exactly but I do know that it has no butane and looks more like a lab ... I will ask and get back to you but I do not agree with th practices at my work. Plants that are sick or have huge bug infestations should always be taken from the garden immediately

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

How the fuck do you get burned making hash? What did you light your freaking eyebrows on fire or something?

Lol
because idiots make it indoor without proper ventilation. check this thread there is many more on youtube of idiots

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

if you couldn't sell the bud due to contamination making it into bho is worse.
you just concentrated all that contamination. plus won't it show up in the tests the same as bud?
Concentrates impact THC *and* pesticide residue. Horrible. Butane sucks too.

Portland newspaper bought and tested a number of products aroud the city. One batch of flower was far beyond legally allowed concentrations of **RAID**... what in the bloody awful FVCK was THAT dickhead thinking?!? Raid is for ants, roaches, spiders and NOT even fvking mites!?!?

Former partner uses Eagle 20. It works. Its nasty, but it works. One run tested positive for it at harvest, a couple weeks later it no longer showed up. He only sprays in veg.

Important thread! Break down times are critical. Seems most chems gone after a month or two? Enough for flower? Especially in bright light rooms or outdoor?

Any other updates or experiences, please share. PM and mites have kicked us in the nuts. Sick of playing. Organic safe stuff doesnt work for long nor hit hard. Also we work to keep it safe for vulnerable patients, including friends, family, nursing moms, the elderly....

30 days most are broken down, faded, out grown, washed off?

A

AMKR4LIFE

Everyones talking getting their stuff analyzed {im assuming GC/MS & HPLC] - Im confuseed as to how that'd work out monetarily. Testing for which pesticides are toxic? Testing for overall potency to see who has the craziest cannabinoid profile; Or are you bring your whole grow room LOL

In all seriousness - why would you need to get your weed tested like testing for an STI after a night filled with *sigh* some shitty desicions [Fuck that I'm next day pill or plan b - otherwise just use a condom sheesh or those new ]

PS LOL not talking about personally - in general.

planesane

planesane

Very good information. Now if I ever have to result to using the ole e20 I will do so knowing that given the proper dosage and time of degredation I will not be smoking cyanide. Thank you for the time and documentation

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I know a guy who sprayed avid and accidentally sprayed some on his hands. Then he forgot to wash them and used the rest-room to relieve himself. He turned gay 2 weeks later.

True story, I was there, forgot to take pics, too busy to come back for follow up questions or proof.

**ALWAYS** treat in veg but never clench.

ive-asked-rough-trade-here-to-help-me-demonstrate-some-22276149.png

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Her point is a lot like mine below. If bro-science rules the day, then we all rue that day. And unfortunately, bro-science rules much of cannabis cultivation. Are you suggesting there *aren't* 'idiots' growing weed and doing stupid stuff? If so, I'll debate that point.

I posted a thread here years ago, lost during the site server switch & transition, discussing the main issue with E20 (because while I could find problems with other ingredients, the myclobutanil itself wasn't), which is very specifically that it causes resistance in fungi, and can do so with a quickness. Add to that the fact that *many* growers don't buy properly labeled E20, let alone apply it properly (if you've been here a while, you've seen all the threads I have asking how much of a product to apply, as though they either have no label or can't read it) and we've got resistant fungi. And the kicker is, it's noted in the label/white papers BY the manufacturer themselves!

My mentor used Eagle20 in early veg and it was testing clean by the time the flower hit the lab most of the time. That said, it came up once on finished product then disappeared the 2nd round of testing (must have been low levels). Keeping temps in a narrow band supposedly helps PM a lot. Eagle20 should be used on moms before cloning at latest in my humble opinion.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

Lol
Its easy actually. A bic lighter has enough butane to equivilate it to a 1/4 stick of dynomite. A poorly designed butane hash lab can easily go volatile and explode. There were so many houses being blown off their foundations out here in Colorado between 2015 and now, from people illegally blasting hash.

I am highly against open air blasting as it is just as dangerous as indoor. I wish people would take down instructional videos on youtube because if you don't understand basic chemistry you have no business blasting with butane. It is extremely dangerous not only to yourself but everyone around you.

The state of Colorado has very strict rules for designing, building, and operating a legal hash lab, which includes inspections by engineers and the fire marshal. My friend got involved in a BHO lab and went to prison for 2 years after the DEA kicked in his door in 2016 here in Colorado.

It's not a joke, butane blasting is extremely dangerous.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Or low on rent? Lmao
Literally never gets old.
Glad you laughed bro .Some memes are timeless.

Oh and on topic I'm now using HotShots in veg and stop in bloom. Gotta wash down plants with chitosan etc foliar to clean any HotShot residue .But its effective. Cheap. Easy ..safer too . effective . I'm sold on Hot shots now in IPM.

Top Bottom