1st Dwc, Lemon Og Haze Auto, 300watt Led

• Thread starter Ignorantslut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

Hey all,
This is my first Grow Journal. I germinated and popped 1 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze auto in a Rapid Rooter on July 1st. After a few days in the dome, I placed her in her permanent home: a 1.5gal DWC reservoir in a small 18w x 13d x 48h grow box, under a 300watt Mars Hydro LED, and I'm running the GH Flora trio with Calimagic and Hydroguard. The first few weeks were rough. I was having a terribly hard time battling heat, with temps inside the box climbing to 90F. This put the res temp at 80F with a low end air pump so the roots were having a hard time getting oxygen causing the leaves to droop horribly. She also got some nute burn early on even at 1/4 strength. After upgrading the air pump, adding a makeshift a/c unit (made from a styrofoam cooler, 8" fan, ice packs, and ducting run directly to the intake), blocking all light leaks, and positioning the light directly in front of the exhaust fans I got the temp to a comfortable average of 79F. Since those changes she's been growing wonderfully. I've been using LST and light defoliation over the last few weeks. I'm trying to get as much light to all the growth tips as possible while keeping an even canopy. Tomorrow is 6 weeks. I've pretty much got the shape I want. I've started upping the Bloom and Grow to 1/2 strength while keeping Micro at 1/4. She's drinking a lot of water, I'm having to top off the res twice a day. Light is currently at 17". I would be ecstatic to pull a 2oz harvest, but we will see how it goes. Thanks for looking. Please if you have any suggestions or comments fire away. It's my first go at this so I would love some feedback.

1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 2
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 3
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 4
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 5
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 6
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 7
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 8
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 9
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 10
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 11
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 12
1st dwc lemon og haze auto 300watt led 13
fatawa

fatawa

If u got rm nxt run or even now,move up to 10gal tote n she will explode on u.

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

If u got rm nxt run or even now,move up to 10gal tote n she will explode on u.
I think a 5gal tote is the biggest I can get in the box without too much vertical sacrifice. I was definitely going to upgrade the res so I don't have to top it off twice a day.

Polar510

Polar510

Yeah most likely the ph is unstable in that small of a reservoir.
Kinda looks like a nitrogen toxicity. Maybe change the reservoir out. What are You mixing up in the res?

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

On those older fan leaves yes I did get some nute burn. This auto is very sensitive to nutes. This past week I ran Micro and Grow at 1/4tsp per gal, Bloom at 1/2tsp per gal, Calimagic at 1/2tsp per gal and 2ml per gal of hydroguard. I just did a res change 10 minutes ago because I came home to this nonsense (I'm thinking phosphorus deficiency). You're right, ph has been fluctuating like crazy. I came home from work 2 hours ago and raised it from 4.7 to 6.1 (it was 5.9 when I left for work this morning) and I checked it 20 minutes ago and it was already at 5.1 so I just changed the res with all fresh nutes at the same strength except Micro at 1/8tsp per gallon. PH is at 5.8 and PPM is at 295

IMG 2926
Last edited:
Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

1/8tsp per gal? These nutes with autos are so confusing. I feel like it's a lot of guesswork where you're on the plants schedule instead of having full control over the switch to flower.

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

Good stuff, thank you. I've read they love K during flowering like they do P. That was my thought process, but I'll cut it out on my next res change. What about Micro at 1/8tsp, is that still ok?

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

Wait Micro has the N and Grow has more K. Should I cut out the Micro completely and keep up with the Grow for the K?

Polar510

Polar510

I would add:
A light well rounded feeding till it gets healthy.
1/4 grow
1/4 micro
1\4 bloom
1/2 calmag no hydroguard
Make sure the ph is stable
5-10 minutes before You add to the rez.
Maybe raise the light up a bit just to give it a break while its recovering.
I have recovered plants in dwc doing exactly this.

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

I would add:
1/4 grow
1/4 micro
1\4 bloom
1/2 calmag no hydroguard
Can you elaborate on the no hydroguard? I'm not questioning you, I just want to know the logistics of it. She's really sensitive to N so I ran that at 1/8th so there was no problem with toxicity...again. I'm cutting the light back at the moment. Thank you.

fatawa

fatawa

I would add:
1/4 grow
1/4 micro
1\4 bloom
1/2 calmag no hydroguard
u wud giv that thing more grow??i use techna flora n my bloom nutes r 2-7-4,and i use a booster 0-11-11.u do not need anymore grow.forsure.take a pic under natural light yur close to if not hav toxicity of n....feed it more?ha

fatawa

fatawa

Wen i use to use 3part it was micro/grow=veg,micro/bloom=flip.u only throw a lil bloom n veg if stems get pink stripes,amd u only throw grow n flower wen you loose that lush green.least thats how i did it.

Polar510

Polar510

Can you elaborate on the no hydroguard? I'm not questioning you, I just want to know the logistics of it. She's really sensitive to N so I ran that at 1/8th so there was no problem with toxicity...again. I'm cutting the light back at the moment. Thank you.
The suggestion was so You could make the mix as simple as possible. Easier to troubleshoot issues.

Polar510

Polar510

u wud giv that thing more grow??i use techna flora n my bloom nutes r 2-7-4,and i use a booster 0-11-11.u do not need anymore grow.forsure.take a pic under natural light yur close to if not hav toxicity of n....feed it more?ha
Not 100 percent on the N toxicity.

Ignorantslut

Ignorantslut

The suggestion was so You could make the mix as simple as possible. Easier to troubleshoot issues.
Got it. That makes sense. "Less is more" approach. I did add hydroguard when I did the res change before I read your post. I'm going to watch the PH like a hawk and if it keeps fluctuating so drastically I'll do another change and take that out.

Top Bottom