1st grow - 60 days in - trimming Q

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

These plants haven't been growing crazy strong but they are doing alright.

Germed: 4/3
Transplanted: 5/3
Flipped: 6/23

The plants look to still be growing . . .

6/24 heights..
1. 17"
2. 12"
3. 14"
4. 14"

7/11 heights
1. 37.5"
2. 30.75"
3. 28.5"
4. 32"

My lights are 2 900W LEDs (pull about 220W from outlet each).

These plants look pretty 'slim' compared to others that I see on the forums so I want to make sure that I can get the best yeilds possible from them and feel like it might be a good idea to clear out any of the bottom bud sites/leaves?

Pics to hopefully help....

Side view to show how little growth compared to others... (also, the tiny bud sites)
1st grow   60 days in   trimming q

Red line shows where I would start trimming down..
1st grow   60 days in   trimming q 2

Yellow shows the ones I want to allow to grow stronger since they get more light.
1st grow   60 days in   trimming q 3

Just a close up of on of the colas. (19 Days into flower cycle)
1st grow   60 days in   trimming q 4
1st grow   60 days in   trimming q 5

1st grow   60 days in   trimming q 6
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
They will grow ;)

Also what size pots are those?

You feeding them anything?

Whats your soil?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

They will grow ;)

Also what size pots are those?

You feeding them anything?

Whats your soil?
5.5 gallon pots
miracle grow soil with perlite mixed in (not great amount and had to transplant into better soil after like 1.5 months) and some worm cstings in there with blood meal and bone meal mixed in as well (not a lot, very small amounts)
water once they start feeling light when picked up, no nutes added.

I was thinking about giving them 1/4 dosage of FloraBloom during waterings from now on, as I have been told that could help, but I don't want to nute burn.

The huge fan leaves are blocking light to a lot of the colas so I've been just kinda . . tucking them to open up light (hope that's alright, as I always though you want as much light as possible on the colas and its closest leaves)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
yeah they prolly do need some bloom nutes starting 1/4 strenght is a good idea see how they respond.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Will be giving them1/4 bloom nutes at next feeding for sure.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

There you go, miricle grow is tottaley unsuitable for cannabis, its a hot mix with food so everytime you water you feed, the cocknockers allso put sodium (salt) in there mix, use a medium made for weed like fox farm or pro mix.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

There you go, miricle grow is tottaley unsuitable for cannabis, its a hot mix with food so everytime you water you feed, the cocknockers allso put sodium (salt) in there mix, use a medium made for weed like fox farm or pro mix.
I'm seeing that now. My plants are not happy 4.5 weeks into flower. :-( They are producing alright buds but nowhere near what they could be if I had used better soil. I'm just trying to get them through to harvest at this point :-(...

IMG 20200726 152219834 HDR

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Going to end up giving them some GH Flora Micro and Bloom in 3/4's strength at next feeding. I'm hoping they enjoy it and really respond to the nutes cause if not I'm afraid they won't make it through another 2 weeks.

Top Bottom