1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hah so new I didn't know there was a grow diary section. Pretty cool and I'm so thankful to have found this community. I'm hear to learn and have already gotten some great help from some members in the short time I've been here. This is my first grow so I am keeping my expectations realistic. Below is where I'm at and thanks in advance for any help yall are willing to throw my way.

Pic is Day 9 in solo cup, 12 since peat pellet. 2 on left are chem cookie and 2 on right are white widow

Tent- AC Infinity 4x4
Lights- HLG Blackbird
Exhaust- AC Infinity T6 with 6" Charcoal filter
Medium- Cloud COIR 50/50 coco/per
Final Pot Size- 3g fabric
Nutrients- Advanced Nutrient Trio PH Perfect
Temp/RH- 77/70

Fed today for 2nd time. 1st was 2 days ago. Ph'ed to 5.85. 1ml of each of the Micro, Grow, Bloom plus 1ml of cal-mag in 1L. Of that they only get about 1/2c each and there is at least 5-10% runoff.
I really don't know if they are doing well or not since have no experience. I'm just taking it day by day and pretty much waiting for a deficiency to try to correct lol

1st grow ever chem cookies from mamiko seeks and white widow from 13th axis
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Welcome aboard.

Mmmmmmm White Widow. One of my favs. I use Greenhouse Seeds for that cultivar - the original breeder (although under some contention) but very stable at this point. They get tall, how big is your tent?

Looks good so far. If ya run into trouble post a few pics and we'll help out.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Welcome aboard.

Mmmmmmm White Widow. One of my favs. I use Greenhouse Seeds for that cultivar - the original breeder (although under some contention) but very stable at this point. They get tall, how big is your tent?

Looks good so far. If ya run into trouble post a few pics and we'll help out.
Thanks so much for the welcome brotha. Glad to be aboard. Man what a trip it is to grow. I'm likely to need all the help I can get and am so thankful I'm not alone.

Today is Day 12. I think I'm getting my 1st 5 finger set of leaves 🤗

20220201 154503
20220201 154435
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@Moe.Red It is the 48x48x80 but I was planning to top and lst as if I knew what I was doing 😆

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 18 update. Decided to transplant to 3g Fabric today. Both the Chem Cookies took it really well but the White Widows not so much. I knew they were a couple or few days behind the CCs but I pushed it and will probably pay dearly for it. The weakest of the Widows I did 1st and the 50/50 medium was still too moist and the roots began to crumble on me while was turning right side up. It wasn't too bad so I made the best of it and thought the "less" weak and better grown and rooted Widow would be better. Nope 😣 pretty much half crumbled while upside down and I had to make exec decision and run with it. Was pretty much holding spaghetti thread roots gone wild as it tried to get worse. Flipped it and put in its home and again tried to make the best of it. I can't imagine I didn't shock the shit out of them and can't imagine either even making it, especially the 2nd(back left in pic).

Sooo at this point, I could use all the help I could get for how to baby them as they go into shock? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Should I lay off oscillating fan? Lay off humidity a bit? Give less or more light during this transition?

Temp/RH 75/60
Light @ 24" on setting 3
PPFD 400ish
LUX 20k-ish

Day 18 Transplant
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I just gave 3 of the girls 1L of water and feed but 1 of the Widows looks droopy still and I am afraid to feed if she is struggling from being overfed already? They got no more than 2 cups each on Sunday and Saturday I had transplanted. Any thoughts on to feed this last one or not? Could this actually be lack of water? The other widow and 2 chems look fine but this one not so much. Feel like if she is overwatered and stressed from transplant and possibly some heat exhaustion, that if I feed her in this state it is all she wrote. @2Bad Would love your thoughts brotha thanks

Day 21 droopy WW2
Day 21 droopy WW2 2
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Are you watering until runoff? The coco looks dry. Doesn't look overfed either.

I would water until runoff and give your coco a few days to dry out so that your roots can get established. Might take a week or so of infrequent watering to get there.

Once your roots are established you can water the heck out of coco.

Also, how high is your light and is it dimmed? Some strains are more sensitive to intense light, especially in the seeding stage.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I would water until runoff and give your coco a few days to dry out so that your roots can get established. Might take a week or so of infrequent watering to get there.

Also, how high is your light and is it dimmed? Some strains are more sensitive to intense light, especially in the seeding stage.
Thanks a ton @jguit and no I haven't watered till runoff yet. The 50/50 coco/perl I rinsed last week before putting into 3g fabrics. They dried for 4-5 days but not fully. I transplanted from solo cups on Saturday and gave very very light feeding. Sunday I gave 2 cups of water with nutes recommended for 3-4 leaf stage. Yesterday I gave them nothing and just now I gave 3 of the 4 1L each(no run-off still and I was watering 8" diameter and in) and just didn't do till run-off cause was thinking no way roots are down there already after 3-4 days from transplant?
I haven't watered this droopy White Widow though yet today because I am scared that she is in shock and over-watered? Any thoughts on very much appreaciated

Day 21 droopy WW2
Day 21 droopy WW2 2
jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'd water until runoff and let them take as long as they need to dry some so that the roots can take hold. 3 gallons pots should be fairly heavy after watering. Water again when they start to feel obviously much lighter. Once the roots are established you can start watering once a day or as frequent as they need.

Also, you don't want to give seedlings too much light. I don't know if you have any way to measure light intensity but i'd be giving seedlings that size around 150 - 200 ppfd of light.

..and i'd slowly water AROUND the perimeter of the pot and not dump water right in the middle of the container. The should encourage the roots to search for the water.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Light is hlg blackbird on 2nd lowest setting @ 28"
PPFD App - (PPFD=550-700 to each leaf top) LUX=21k-25k
Photone App - (PPFD=300-375) LUX=17k-20k

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I'd water until runoff and let them take as long as they need to dry some so that the roots can take hold. 3 gallons pots should be fairly heavy after watering. Water again when they start to feel obviously much lighter. Once the roots are established you can start watering once a day or as frequent as they need.

Also, you don't want to give seedlings too much light. I don't know if you have any way to measure light intensity but i'd be giving seedlings that size around 150 - 200 ppfd of light.

..and i'd water AROUND the perimeter of the pot and not dump water right in the middle of the container.
ooOOO sounds like I may be giving too much light then hmm thanks. I will raise a couple inches and assess in a few days. And when I water, I use this garden sprayer and was putting each plant on a lazy susan and spraying "from the 8" yardline in" so to speak for the most even penetration. Thought I was being smart trying to create a deep cylinder of soak without watering the complete exterior. Wow this is a lot of watering lmao and I am not even 3 weeks in ooof.

20220208 092333
jguit

jguit

Supporter
If those PPFD numbers are anywhere near correct, that's too much light. That said, those phone apps are far from accurate.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

If those PPFD numbers are anywhere near correct, that's too much light. That said, those phone apps are far from accurate.
I had been following this guy as well as a few others. Below is what he says to shoot for. I'm sure both app meters I have are quite inaccurate. So hard to know what to do even if had an accurate meter since seems there are so many variables. What is the worst that could happen at this stage from less light than more? Just stretching for the light or can you stunt them with less than they need? I can't really utilize a "hand-test" for heat with this light since it gives off so little that It is barely warm 6-12" if that on setting 2. The light just came out like in December so there doesn't seem to be much info out there and HLG site specs just say 20-30 is recommended. I'm @ 30" now on the 2nd lowest setting and just winging it cause don't know what else to do. I fed them all till a bit of run-off so will see pretty soon I think how they do. Could imagine they still need a few days or more to fully recover from transplant as the roots settle in. Thanks again for your help

Seedling 250-400
Veg 400-600
Flowering 600-900

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Those numbers are pretty realistic but like everything, it depends. Some plants can take more light than others.. I usually shoot for 200 ppfd for small seedlings (lower for sprouted seeds) and slowly increase the intensity as long s they're able to tolerate it. Once your plants are healthy they'll more or less grow towards the light and increase the ppfd they're receiving on their own.

In a case like yours where you're trying to figure out a problem with an unhappy plant, it's usually a good idea to decrease light until you figure out what the problem is.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Should of been watered yesterday like I said. hopefully you watered it by now
Yeah I did but now you have me thinking I did yesterday as well 😆 ah sheet I think it will be a miracle if this works out

2Bad

2Bad

So your coco if it goes dry can get un-buffered that could be the issue but fingers crossed. Its more likely your plants would die from being too dry then too wet and by the looks of ur pics recently posted they look too dry. Make sure you get all of the coco wet.

Edit: Just like Jguit said get at least 10-20 percent of runoff.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So your coco if it goes dry can get un-buffered that could be the issue but fingers crossed. Its more likely your plants would die from being too dry then too wet and by the looks of ur pics recently posted they look too dry. Make sure you get all of the coco wet.
Ok perfect. I sprayed 2L each with garden sprayer and got maybe cup of runoff or less. In a 3g I should skip at least tomorrow right?

Top Bottom