1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I had the same rust spots my first grow too on a couple plants. Any sudden increase in light maybe? or have you been flushing?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I had the same rust spots my first grow too on a couple plants. Any sudden increase in light maybe? or have you been flushing?
How ya been brosef and what ya up to? Got anything sticky in the works?

Don't think it is the light since I don't think I have used enough ever. I flushed all plants twice, 2nd time with Florakleen last week and the worst plant has been flushed maybe 4 times but for sure at least 3. They all get the same feed yet there are no rust spots on the widows only the chem cookies. I've noticed that the worst of the cookies, at the bottom of the fabric pot to one side, always drains differently than the rest. It is as if the coco doesn't hold the water the same anymore and runs right through it. It also is white on the outside of the fabric pot but almost exclusively on just her. Worst lookin plant, doesn't retain water and or nutes the same, seems to leak prolly calcium onto fabric wayy more than other plants, hmmm.

Decided that for staying alive this long they deserved a treat. Bit late but better than never and can use next grow as well. Exhale co2 bag 🤗

Zombierider

Zombierider

How ya been brosef and what ya up to? Got anything sticky in the works?

Don't think it is the light since I don't think I have used enough ever. I flushed all plants twice, 2nd time with Florakleen last week and the worst plant has been flushed maybe 4 times but for sure at least 3. They all get the same feed yet there are no rust spots on the widows only the chem cookies. I've noticed that the worst of the cookies, at the bottom of the fabric pot to one side, always drains differently than the rest. It is as if the coco doesn't hold the water the same anymore and runs right through it. It also is white on the outside of the fabric pot but almost exclusively on just her. Worst lookin plant, doesn't retain water and or nutes the same, seems to leak prolly calcium onto fabric wayy more than other plants, hmmm.

Decided that for staying alive this long they deserved a treat. Bit late but better than never and can use next grow as well. Exhale co2 bag 🤗
Hmm interesting clue. Judging by those symptoms of uneven runoff and a calcium build up I’d say this: your chem cookies just needs feeding/watering more than the others, they are thirsty girls. The uneven runoff is a clue as to why the rust spots might be happening. Coco can build channels where water will run off and totally avoid a section of the pot, making a dry area building up salts/maybe causing some lockout. You can use a saponin like Yucca extract and it will force your water to evenly saturate the pot, eliminating dry spots of concentrated salt buildup. Have you checked the runoff ppm’s of the chem cookies? I bet it’s high.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hmm interesting clue. Judging by those symptoms of uneven runoff and a calcium build up I’d say this: your chem cookies just needs feeding/watering more than the others, they are thirsty girls. The uneven runoff is a clue as to why the rust spots might be happening. Coco can build channels where water will run off and totally avoid a section of the pot, making a dry area building up salts/maybe causing some lockout. You can use a saponin like Yucca extract and it will force your water to evenly saturate the pot, eliminating dry spots of concentrated salt buildup. Have you checked the runoff ppm’s of the chem cookies? I bet it’s high.
aye bud I think you have the ticket there. It may have been the 1st or last plant to be filled with coco that I was "attempting" to wash. I was filling 10 gallon containers with coco and filling with warm water and letting the finest shit fall to the bottom, swooshing it around and then using more of the stuff that didn't sink to fill the pots. I easily could have made the pots "look" the same with medium amounts(because I weighed them) put took 100 days to realize that what is inside could be much different. Sheeet newb move 326 😣 and just made a frikkin other one lmao Was stoked to give the girls some CO2 with an Exhale bag and went to check on them this morning and almost passed out in 30 seconds. Fuuudge that and this is my office so I can't be gasping for air or dying in here lol took that shit out immediately. No joke immediately could sense it and it is NOT to be messed around with imo. just a guess but if was inside the tent and closed it I think you'd pass out with 1-2 min and be dead not long after lol Yeah no thanks and the girls will just have to keep dealin without

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

aye bud I think you have the ticket there. It may have been the 1st or last plant to be filled with coco that I was "attempting" to wash. I was filling 10 gallon containers with coco and filling with warm water and letting the finest shit fall to the bottom, swooshing it around and then using more of the stuff that didn't sink to fill the pots. I easily could have made the pots "look" the same with medium amounts(because I weighed them) put took 100 days to realize that what is inside could be much different. Sheeet newb move 326 😣 and just made a frikkin other one lmao Was stoked to give the girls some CO2 with an Exhale bag and went to check on them this morning and almost passed out in 30 seconds. Fuuudge that and this is my office so I can't be gasping for air or dying in here lol took that shit out immediately. No joke immediately could sense it and it is NOT to be messed around with imo. just a guess but if was inside the tent and closed it I think you'd pass out with 1-2 min and be dead not long after lol Yeah no thanks and the girls will just have to keep dealin without

2Bad

2Bad

That's the weirdest thing alot of people supplement with co2 I wonder what went wrong.
But yeah how do you do your flush's step by step?
Any algae?
How often are you watering the coco seems to be the one suffering right?
They are both different mediums?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That's the weirdest thing alot of people supplement with co2 I wonder what went wrong.
But yeah how do you do your flush's step by step?
Any algae?
How often are you watering the coco seems to be the one suffering right?
They are both different mediums?

Yeah I had read much about co2 prior so was not that shocked but surely thought I'd make it past a day. The instructions were to drop the stuff at the top down to the bottom. Not sure if others bury it or break it up but I just followed directions and 15 hours later almost passed out in seconds from it.

As for flushing, prior times were different than the last. I would take each plant and run 3-5 gal of RO water(hmm possible clue as I read no bueno) in the bathtub and let drain 10-15 min then put in the tent and feed as usual. The last flush I was a bit more prepared(so I think/thought) and left them all in tent, and flushed them 1L at a time with recommended amount of Florakleen(5ml per Gal) and did that 3 times so was getting the proper runoff.

Never any algae I have seen, the black fabric just looks wayyy different on the chems(especially the 1 named Coco) than the widows. Since all fed the same since sprout and by hand, it has to be saying something that the best growing plant has almost a completely black outside fabric yet the worst one appears to have leeched Calcium(or something else white) all over it(pic attached) but surely seems a clue

For the bulk of 4 weeks through flower I fed 1L one day and then 1L twice a day the next. Few times I would do 2L per day back to back but rarely for more than 2 days. I now know I was underfeeding most of the time.

Mediums are all the same so I thought. Gave them all same amount of coco/perl but I had washed it in the tub in large containers. It is quite possible what I thought was the same for each was a different consistancy of coco/perl since the reason I was "washing" even though it came ready to use was to get the fine powder to drop to bottom so I wouldn't use it so wouldn't run into something exactly like this. Check the pics out in next post. Not hard to see which ones are widows and which are chem cookies just based off the pots

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Same feed and amount for 100 days yet such obvious differences below

20220428 130821
20220428 130823
20220428 130827
20220428 130828
2Bad

2Bad

@Aqua Man could you do us a favor and tell us what is happening on top of page 11 in the pics here? It happened in my first grow to around the same time as his. I believed it was from sudden increase of light or flushing

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

As for increasing the light @2Bad I actually have been but the issue started way earlier and I am almost certain I have given them less light than I should have for most of the grow. I have been bumping it up a click every couple days and think it is probably turned on 65% but I'm getting 300ish ppfd in far corners, 700ish atop centers of each plant and 950ish at highest bud top now. I have read so many times that people are pushin 100%ish of their 600w light at this stage and probably 6+ inces closer. I'm at about 20ish avg with nothing closer than 18. Just a newb guess but I believe it easily may account for 25-50% less harvest not having fed them enough, of the proper nutes to have felt better about turning the light intensity up and having closer earlier. Definitely things I will work on next grow and adjust.

@Aqua Man yo brotha hope you are well. when have a sec, been wantin to ask ya a few questions about MasterBlend. My 4 girls had been getting 5ml/gal of cal-mag before I switched over to MB. Should I keep giving it to them? Now for the tougher question lol and please don't rip my arms off and beat me with them 🤣 but is there any reason I should use the bottle of AN Overdrive with the MB in last few weeks of flower?

2Bad

2Bad

As for increasing the light @2Bad I actually have been but the issue started way earlier and I am almost certain I have given them less light than I should have for most of the grow. I have been bumping it up a click every couple days and think it is probably turned on 65% but I'm getting 300ish ppfd in far corners, 700ish atop centers of each plant and 950ish at highest bud top now. I have read so many times that people are pushin 100%ish of their 600w light at this stage and probably 6+ inces closer. I'm at about 20ish avg with nothing closer than 18. Just a newb guess but I believe it easily may account for 25-50% less harvest not having fed them enough, of the proper nutes to have felt better about turning the light intensity up and having closer earlier. Definitely things I will work on next grow and adjust.

@Aqua Man yo brotha hope you are well. when have a sec, been wantin to ask ya a few questions about MasterBlend. My 4 girls had been getting 5ml/gal of cal-mag before I switched over to MB. Should I keep giving it to them? Now for the tougher question lol and please don't rip my arms off and beat me with them 🤣 but is there any reason I should use the bottle of AN Overdrive with the MB in last few weeks of flower?
Aqua just briefed me on lights should be 300-600 ppfd in veg and about 600-900 in flower. So those tops are getting a lil too much. Just so he doesn't have to repeat himself lol (; got you Aqua

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Aqua just briefed me on lights should be 300-600 ppfd in veg and about 600-900 in flower. So those tops are getting a lil too much. Just so he doesn't have to repeat himself lol (; got you Aqua
It was only 2 tops. I only topped Candy twice so it doesn't surprise she has 2 sites that are the tallest. I was able to do some maneuvering this morn though and rotated her 180 so they are closer to side of tent than center. It was to give them a little less light and more to her smaller branches. I would say the avg ppfd is right around 600-900 now

steamroller

steamroller

I have been following along quietly since I don't grow in coco.
How do you water ? Do you water the whole pot from different angles or sides .
Pouring water in from just one side doesn't help distributing it evenly through the pot .
I use these for even distribution along with taking time for my soil .

Just throwing this out there since it looks like you are having issues with how the water flows .
Hope you get this fixed .
Nice grow so far !

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I have been following along quietly since I don't grow in coco.
How do you water ? Do you water the whole pot from different angles or sides .
Pouring water in from just one side doesn't help distributing it evenly through the pot .
I use these for even distribution along with taking time for my soil .
View attachment 1240028
Just throwing this out there since it looks like you are having issues with how the water flows .
Hope you get this fixed .
Nice grow so far !
Hey appreciate the advice no doubt. I wish that I hand watered like that as it surely would make more sense then. I have 2 4L garden sprayers with wands. I can't feed them too fast or unevenly if I wanted really cause to do so I'd have to open the spray nozzle more and then the pressure can spit the medium up out of the pot. So the sprayers albeit a poor use of time have forced me water them evenly. I pretty much pretend the surface is a clock and definitely go over every inch a bunch of times. Now I'm at point where I feed them all a litre then start over and give them another and do that 2 times a day lol sheesh can't wait to automate the feed

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

haven't been updating much cause honestly embarrassed how the girls look but now I'm just hoping to get anything I can out of the grow, especially experience for the next grow. I broke out the mini-micro to look at some trichs and I see mostly cloudy but some amber coming in on the chem cookies. Can anyone please advise on how long give or take it might take to be 50/50 cloudy amber? If you were in 50/50 coco/perl would you flush with just water at all before harvest and if so how early would you start?

Snap 004
Snap 005
Snap 006
Zombierider

Zombierider

haven't been updating much cause honestly embarrassed how the girls look but now I'm just hoping to get anything I can out of the grow, especially experience for the next grow. I broke out the mini-micro to look at some trichs and I see mostly cloudy but some amber coming in on the chem cookies. Can anyone please advise on how long give or take it might take to be 50/50 cloudy amber? If you were in 50/50 coco/perl would you flush with just water at all before harvest and if so how early would you start?
Sup bro, firstly: why do you want 50/50 amber trichs? It’s not wrong, but I’ve been reading that harvesting at around 10% amber and majority cloudy gives the headiest highs/highest thc, looks like your girls are ready imo. Cocoforcannabis says to start flushing coco when the plant is days away from being ready to harvest. So I’m gonna do a 5 day flush, and harvest at day 6. When you use stuff like Florakleen, it allows you to drastically diminish your overall flush time, long flushes are for soil growers.

If I were you I’d begin a 5 day flush now with that Florakleen, once in the morning, once before lights off, both with heavy amounts of runoff, in a week you’d probably have like 20% amber, which to me is bloody PERFECT. If I had to guess I’d say that amber will increase by around 10% per week, though from what I’ve been reading it’s totally strain dependent. But if you begin flushing at 50/50 amber, then it will be more than 50/50 amber when you harvest, so if you start flush at 50/50, by end of flush and drying period, you’d probably have considerably more than 50% amber heads aka more CBN less thc. Disclaimer: this is just like, my opinion maan lol.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey you two! Working like crazy setting up for the summer and harvesting in between. Just wanted to share this pretty fade pic with ya. This is Chocolate Mimosa. Mother to this one is Clementine and purple punch. Smells like a fresh cracked tangerine and has purple running all through it. Waiting on the Jack Herer to finish then this grow is in the books. Next round is ready. Going with Future One, Orange Widow, Grape Ape, Alaskan Thunder F*#* and Do Si Dos.
BA1BD5E5 F631 4A1D AB6D B7AA4FF14590

Zombierider

Zombierider

Hey you two! Working like crazy setting up for the summer and harvesting in between. Just wanted to share this pretty fade pic with ya. This is Chocolate Mimosa. Mother to this one is Clementine and purple punch. Smells like a fresh cracked tangerine and has purple running all through it. Waiting on the Jack Herer to finish then this grow is in the books. Next round is ready. Going with Future One, Orange Widow, Grape Ape, Alaskan Thunder F*#* and Do Si Dos. View attachment 1242763
Wow that’s a gorgeous bud, you have like 3 different colors in one nug lol. Nice to see the fade happening, one of my plants has leaves colored just like that, good to know it’s normal senescence! Those are some legit strains your gonna run next. I was also thinking about growing some do si dos next run since I love how it smokes, but I heard it can be a bit of a challenge to grow?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Wow that’s a gorgeous bud, you have like 3 different colors in one nug lol. Nice to see the fade happening, one of my plants has leaves colored just like that, good to know it’s normal senescence! Those are some legit strains your gonna run next. I was also thinking about growing some do si dos next run since I love how it smokes, but I heard it can be a bit of a challenge to grow?
Will let ya know on that. So far so good, my biggest prob is the seeds not wanting to germ. Took three to get one, which is kind of unusual for any of Redbeards beans. It’s also seriously behind all the others in size as well. The fade for me is a natural process many feed up to the end. I make those ladies feed themselves the last two weeks burning up all it’s reserves. Makes my smoke smooth. About time for your harvest isn’t it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom