1st grow ever. Dealing with pests.

• Thread starter darkerfalz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That could be a lighting issue
Back the light up a bit....how much lux?

Im using a Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 100% at 18" above the canopy.

I appreciate both of yalls help.

Hmm okay. I did go out and get some Dr. Earth Bud & Bloom recently for my next dry amendment attempt.

Do you think I should feed at all again or should I just ride this one out?

darkerfalz

darkerfalz

Do the runoff test when its time to water....ph and ppm...your ph is more important in soil than ppm. Unless you over fed them which might not be the case. Ppm will tell you if over fed. Ph will tell you whats available and not. Im still learning myself brother....i got a veggie garden outside been doing it for 7 years. I have a little exp...i can say this if you were outside straight away in the ground 1 tbsp molasses per gal would be ok....the microbes would eat the hell out of it..indoors no!

Got it, I plan on cutting back. Like I said, Ive only done 2 waterings with the molasses so far anyways so Im hoping its not too bad.

That could be a lighting issue
Back the light up a bit....how much lux?

Couldn't tell ya the lux, I only know what the manufacturers par readings were, but they recommend 18"-24" for veg and 12" for bloom?

A whole plant pic please! Whats your humidity at?
IMG 0469

Humidity bounces from 40%-50% depending on the temps during the day, the AC infinity takes care of that for me.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Got it, I plan on cutting back. Like I said, Ive only done 2 waterings with the molasses so far anyways so Im hoping its not too bad.

Couldn't tell ya the lux, I only know what the manufacturers par readings were, but they recommend 18"-24" for veg and 12" for bloom?

View attachment 1075894

Humidity bounces from 40%-50% depending on the temps during the day, the AC infinity takes care of that for me.
How many watts? Plant looks good. Catch a runoff ppm ph. Ill bet its ok but its still good. Just give it water like homestead said wait a couple days. She'll perk up...she looks good!

darkerfalz

darkerfalz

How many watts? Plant looks good. Catch a runoff ppm ph. Ill bet its ok but its still good. Just give it water like homestead said wait a couple days. She'll perk up...she looks good!

Thank you that def makes me feel a bit better! lol

The lights a 2000 watt LED, 300 actual watts

darkerfalz

darkerfalz

Overly worried? Its all good!!

Haha, definitely had my fair share of freak outs over this grow so Id say so.

So I was able to get a PH and PPM of two of my plants. Since I was planning on watering some of the plants tomorrow anyways, I decided to go around and check if any were ready now. The flowering plant still maybe has another day or so before its ready for another watering, but my other 2 definitely felt light and dry enough for a watering. I am out of RO water at the moment and my new RO system isnt coming in til this weekend so I watered with my PHd softened tap water.

PPM and PH of water goin in was 200ppm and 6.5ph.

Runoff from the Ghost OG (Front right plant in OP pic) was 1200ppm with a PH of about 6.1-6.2

Runoff of the Gelato (front left plant in OP pic) was 1380ppm with a PH of about 6.3

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Those ppms are pretty high...lol ghost og ph is low gelsto should be fine

DON'T HAVE THE FAN BLOWING ON THEM..turn that fan so it hits the wall..itll bounce off that giving a more natural wind. You want tbe air to go through the plant from the floor up. Not across the canopy. That could be another reason you are having issues

darkerfalz

darkerfalz

Those ppms are pretty high...lol ghost og ph is low gelsto should be fine

DON'T HAVE THE FAN BLOWING ON THEM..turn that fan so it hits the wall..itll bounce off that giving a more natural wind. You want tbe air to go through the plant from the floor up. Not across the canopy. That could be another reason you are having issues

Is there anything I can do like flushing to lower the ppm or will just riding it out with plain watering naturally do that?
I moved the fan too.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You could do a 400 ppm feeding with a cal mag product and your nutes. I think you'd be ok. Just keep an eye on any negative changes. Im no expert. I probably know a little more than you. I just started an indoor grow. Second time my friend has for 2 years...so were basically noobs too.

Ppm of water if 0 i would add about 150 ppm of cal mag and 250 of nutes... then when runoff hits the 600 700 ppm range go back to feeding a complete fert at 600 to 700ppm

I dont think you have any serious issues going on though. Except for the mites you talk about. If you have pics of them chewing on plants that woukd be nice to see....i need to make ID of them or someone else...ive never seen mites crawling out from a broken branch

Last edited:
darkerfalz

darkerfalz

You could do a 400 ppm feeding with a cal mag product and your nutes. I think you'd be ok. Just keep an eye on any negative changes. Im no expert. I probably know a little more than you. I just started an indoor grow. Second time my friend has for 2 years...so were basically noobs too.

Ppm of water if 0 i would add about 150 ppm of cal mag and 250 of nutes... then when runoff hits the 600 700 ppm range go back to feeding a complete fert at 600 to 700ppm

I dont think you have any serious issues going on though. Except for the mites you talk about. If you have pics of them chewing on plants that woukd be nice to see....i need to make ID of them or someone else...ive never seen mites crawling out from a broken branch

I use dry amendments for fertilizer so idk if I could just add them to water like that which is why I was asking if I should top dress again or not but I’ll hold off for now. As for the mites, I’ve looked up and down all the plants and only found them
In the soil and in the branch of that one plant with the exception of a few stragglers outside one of the pots. I’m still crossing my fingers for hypos.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You need IPM and do a heavy root drench with a foliar spray. Dont wait to long you don't want to spray buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom