1st grow - nitrogen/calcium problems?

• Thread starter Zombiemambo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombiemambo

Zombiemambo

This is my first time growing and im loving it. Lately I've been having fun trying my hand at some LST. Ive noticed that many top leaves seem dark and there is some clawing going on. Im growing in happy frog soil and have had a very light touch with nutrients so far but a week ago started more aggressively with the 3 main ones from general hydroponics at about 800ppm plus liquid karma and calmag between feedings.
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm a bit paranoid because I'm really just starting significant nutrient doses.
Also, these plants are in their 6th week of life. Thank you

1st grow   nitrogencalcium problems
1st grow   nitrogencalcium problems 2
1st grow   nitrogencalcium problems 3
1st grow   nitrogencalcium problems 4
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Take a good hard long look at the pictures. See the red stems. This is usually caused buy bad PH. This leads to lockout issues.
You need to check your PH and get it in line 6.0
They also look very dry. Water a ring around the plant farther out. 3 times what you are giving it Let the plant look for the water.
as it dries then do it again when it's almost drooping.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Take a good hard long look at the pictures. See the red stems. This is usually caused buy bad PH. This leads to lockout issues.
You need to check your PH and get it in line 6.0.

So I see this frequently posted. Those "red" stems are more or a "purple" in my opinion but my Bruce Banner has them as well and only on the newest growth. This has also been the trend since she started producing fan leaves and I'm going into week 7 with her doing beautifully.

What premise are you basing this statement off of?

Here's one of yours that seems fine:

Screenshot 20211020 212055

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I also grow, Both indoor and out, I study and read a lot so I can keep my ladies happy. You asked for an opinion.
I simply gave you mine.
I said the plant looks great. But. Bad PH or to much light and I know of a few other things that can contribute to red stems as well. If the plant was mine, I'd be keeping an eye on it and finding out why my plants have red stems. I know I have never grown plants with red stems and it kind of bugs me. I'd be up flopping around in bed all night. Just wondering why my stems where red? Why red stems?
OMG: Red stems just bother me. Red stems are supposed to to be green stems arrant they?

I lied. I actually did grow a plant that had red stems this summer. They where green right up to about 2 weeks before I took her down.

Last edited:
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
So there's a huge range for cause just outside from being natural and you chose PH. What other signs and symptoms brought you to that conclusion? You didn't seem worried about your purple stems on that bountiful harvest.

I think this one is simply natural new growth and not mature more hardwood growth. I'll be doing some personal experiments with this moving forward and watching trends amongst my different grows. There are a lot of opinions about this.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
The leaves do look a little chlorotic and lacking in Nitrogen (Or it's just the lighting) to me but it's not a serious deficiency at this point. Maybe something to check out though?

Top Bottom