1st grow, the King Congo

• Thread starter UglyandHasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UglyandHasty

UglyandHasty

Hello everyone!
I have smoke weed most of my life. 2 years ago we saw legalization of cannabis in Canada. It really open a new world for me. I was used to smoke what my dealer had, almost never knew what it was.

Almost lost my life twice in 2019 because of pancreatic illness. Which brought me to make some change in my life. To make a long story shorter, I end up deciding to grow marijuana. Even tough it is legal in Canada, in my province it is still illegal to grow cannabis.

So I began reading over the net. I knew nothing bout horticulture or cannabis. Found plenty of useful reading, here especially. I end up going for a grow tent 2x4 for lack of space. Tent was coming with a 1k watt lamp, carbon filter and pump.

The strain I choose is a pure sativa of African descendance, the King Congo. I like to wake and bake , and this strain is great for me. Got them via a seed bank in Vancouver, 10 regulars seeds.

The plan was to grow two females, three at most, but ideally two in 5 gallons fabric pot. Maybe keeping a male (outside to get some seeds.)

My first mistake was seed germination. I choose 4 good looking seeds(expecting 2 males and 2 female) and put em in my aero garden. They all germinated, but not at the same time, and all but one grow up stretching.

Ok stretching isn’t that bad I told myself. After a month, i began to suspect two plants of being male. One grow up faster than the rest and I decided to transplant it in soil. It will make a good practice I told myself. I knew something was off when I pulled on the aero garden pod. There was too much roots and it was stuck. I had to cut some and by pulling some roots just broke. I put it in soil anyway, hoping for the best. Which didn’t happen. The plant died within a hour I think. It was a good 12”.

That told me to get the plant out of there ASAP.

Wich bring me to a second mistake. First I took out the 2nd male. Put it in a ceramic pot, not sure what to do with it at that time, but reluctant to throw it away. The other 2 plants were still rather small, roots weren’t that develop so I decided to let them in the aero garden a while, regularly checking on em. I put the male in the tent, eager to try it, on a 18/6 schedule. When the time came to put two suspected females in their fabric pot and in the tent, the male was two feet high and full of pollen bags.

Getting it out immediately triggered the flowering stage and I swear in two weeks it was spouting pollen in my living room(which I cleaned). I collected what I could. Put my pollen treasure in the freezer. The male went back to vegetative stage, not growing but still green.
1st grow the king congo 4

Meanwhile I found a seed in a bag of DeathBubba. Made it germinate in a glass of water, and put it directly in a three gallons ceramic pot. I will try to keep it alive to be able to determine its sex. Hope it’s a female
1st grow the king congo 3

The two KingCongo in the tent are now clearly females. I fim em last week and start the flowering stage 12-12 a few days later.

My plan is to set a screen net next week , hoping for a flat canopy
1st grow the king congo

1st grow the king congo 2

So that’s the setting and story. I love my plants, the daily routine. The journey just begin for me !

Any comment or question appreciated. I also apologize for any spelling mistake, I learn English by reading Soldier of Fortune and listening to Madden on tv. 😂

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm and happy grows.
Burnz

UglyandHasty

UglyandHasty

Thanks gents !

I did a bit of work on the girls.
FBF36118 A54E 4FD7 A0CC 18CD22B85420

And my carbon filter clogged. After 3 months ?

Top Bottom