1st in nearly 30 years.

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Howdy farmers!

I've decided to move a thread I started a while back (little help for a newbie) to an actual diary. It was my first post and it's kind of morphed into a diary and I thought it was appropriate to move it here.

Like the title of my thread, it's been decades for me. Back then it was so much different in a lot of ways, especially with the use of LEDs and not being a 24 year old impatient idiot, as well as stronger genetics that are readily available. And finally, the ability to ask questions on this forum with so many people willing to help is remarkable. I'm grateful for the lot of it all.

Today I'm at day 3 of week 3 of flower. Now is the time it's really exciting for me and I can see fuzzy tops and they're really starting to take form. The grow was sort of accidental as I had a couple seeds in the spring and when I was planting my peppers and herbs, I tossed them in a starter cup from the nursery just to see what would happen. Then I thought if one would live, it might be fun to watch and not take it too seriously. 2 of 3 made it through.

After a huge heat wave, followed by a ton of rain, I decided to get a cheapo light from Amazon so I could bring them in when the weather was terrible. Well, that turned into getting a tent, the filter, then fans, then a high quality LED for a 2x4 tent. My thinking was moving them in and out would be a hassle for so many reasons. Neighbors, bugs, deer and everything else shaped my decision to take them inside and totally control the environment.

The link of the original thread is below. I'll post today's pics as I'm actually in a coffee shop doing this on my phone ( not the easiest thing in the world).

Thanks y'all. There are so many solid and legit people here and I'm happy to be part of it.

Be back shortly. Peace!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Here are the earliest pics I could find. I originally just threw a seed in this super hot mix and then transplanted seedings into coco, work castings and compost. They were not going to make It. Neither were my other pants for the same reason. Transplanting seedlings wasn't a big deal, but close to 30 pepper plants in containers took all day....they're thriving now BTW.

BD8EA86D 71BE 4320 A508 ABE7C7A79E04
9E294B87 545E 4241 A65B D5C07FE2F82A

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, got a few shots after their second feeding for the day. Next is 6am tomorrow. I'm going to miss them when I'm at work.

I'm feeling really good about both of them. Being barely half way through the 3rd week, I suspect a lot of development. As least I hope so.

20190820 1642362
20190820 1641492
20190820 1641532

20190820 1643012

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Hey folks!

This morning after watering, I noticed red) purple on some of the stems but only one of the plants. She looks great to my eyes and maybe it's just the genetics but I'm curious what you guys might think. Pic below.

20190821 072529

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's a genetic thing for a lot of plants. I see it on the large fan leaves on different strains often and not on others. I used to try and correct it thinking it needed P but that usually made things go sideways. Your stems and leaves look green and healthy and that's what really matters imho. Dont go by the petioles alone.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Thanks, Dirtbag ( I'll never get used to calling someone that, let alone someone trying to help me) I appreciate it.

It's amazing I already have soon frosty tiny leaves in that shot. I just noticed. This is getting good!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Day 2, week 4.

They seem to be coming along nicely. I'm still ppm shy and feeding at 620 with tap and like 15% RO. With the Canna AB, there's a very small amount of Boost and a kiss of 13/14 . Both additives will increase in a couple days to make sure they respond well.

I think a seed was switched at birth. I had one Gorilla Zkitttles ( on the right) and I know that's correct. Sense freaking beautiful and smell very sweet and reminds me of what we called in high school in the early 80s, "Hawaiian". The one on the left is supposed to be Blue Fire OG (Beastmode 2.0) but the description of everything online says she grows small. I had a third seed, Lemonade, and that description matches what's happening. So I'm not sure. But the GZ is becoming everything I hoped for.

I absolutely must get the 2nd trellis on today for support and to even out those tops.

More pics to come after I run some errands.
C73D0E61 968F 4C91 B4F3 79035CE639B4
9FED020D 72DA 4B0B BDEC 17FF8F76ADF6
DEC093ED 7F87 4DEB 915E 44FEA2DED460

B2B47A25 5ECE 4D7E ADD6 E05CB181BC99
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I put a second chelis up but those dreams were just in the way. if they get top-heavy I guess I can use those yo-yo strings or something but to me it seemed like putting that second trellis in would only slow things down. I could be wrong and most likely I am wrong.

Anyway here is a little video of the progress.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, is been a while. We're in day 4 of week 5. In only feeding and 675ppms as I think it's working and I have a fear of overfeeding. Adding Cannaboost and PK13/14. They seem to like it.

At this stage, it feeling like it's moving slow, especially compared to week 2 to 3. I guess now I just feed and hopefully the buds fill out.

The one is starting to frost, finally, while the other looks and smells like candy. Very pleased with both but enjoying the Gorilla Zkittlez.

Now starting to think about a flush plan in the next two-ish weeks. My WiFi microscope will be at my front door when I get home. Rest to take some serious high resolution shots and inspect trichomes.

20190905 0733172
20190905 0737382
20190905 0737282
20190905 0733452
20190905 0733552

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

.... And I find it almost hard to believe there's still a month to go. The one has amber hairs, but I was told some strains do that. That's a lot of time to pack more weight.

It also turns out, the planned harvest date (60) from flip, lands on my birthday. Haha!! This was NOT intentional. It's going to be a happy birthday.

Top Bottom