1st legal grow.. No limits....

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabward

Dabward

But I have questions. Not my first rodeo..So I have a 5ร—5 veg w 6k Mitsubishi minisplit and a 6ร—9 flower w a 9k Mitsubishi. I'm in a 1. Car uninsulated garage with a west facing garage door. In VA it's steady 90+ and 110 in the garage. So I went steel studs, r15,r30 insulation(floors ,celing) radiant heat wrap, solid wood doors, by time I finished hanging fans Nd filters and outlets and controllers half of it is covered with 1/2 OSD. iponic 624 controller ,ac infinity 4in in 6 out both filtered. . 400watt G2 sunplix( soon to be a g5 640watt led+100watt UVA ) from sunplix currently in the veg.. The Mitsu is connect to the kumo cloud with a wireless sensor at plant height.. the graph I posted from the 624 today. It swings wildly throughout the day. I was playing with it at night. But mid day I wasn't home. Kumo is set to 74 but the iponic says it was more like 80. At times they are way off. At times they are close. SO THE REAL QUESTION IS. Do I go through the trouble of wiring the Mitsubishi directly into the iponic. Or Is there going to be a wide temp swing anyway because even a 6k is way to big for that sqft.. So regardless it needs a dedicated dehu and maybe try to find a better balance..maybe set it at 70mid day and 72 at night.. For the last hour I got the temp at 70 and switched it to just dehu and it's maintained 70.5 w 52.3% humidity vpd 1.21. Dedicated dehu will be here tomorrow.. anyone have any experience with either the iponic 624 or the Mitsubishi minis .that may save me any time trouble shooting.. I feel like I'm just missing something in the tweaking that would make a dedicated dehu redundant.. any ideas pleaseeeeeee. Haven't even hung the lights or the plastic in the flower yet.. so much effort!!!!

1st legal grow no limits
1st legal grow no limits 2
Dabward

Dabward

Too many edibles today folks....
.. APPARENTLY blue is temp
. So im good on temp.. its just humidity that is all over. ONE way or the other We germinate today! IF You took the time to read all of this I apologize.. Im up way past my bedtime..

FourPlants

FourPlants

Welcome to the farm! I also am a garage grower dealing with the same climate as you

Dabward

Dabward

Welcome to the farm! I also am a garage grower dealing with the same climate as you
It's a challenge. I've got 4 seeds germinating and I'm frantically trying to get my temps dialed in and consistent. Yesterday. I had the 6k mini running dehu only exhaust at 10% and as you can see it was consistently 72ish but humidity was high 50s so KPA was 1.4ish.. little high for seed and veg.. so I tried plugging in an independent dehu. Can't find a balance.. may have to settle for 72 w high 50s. Dehu generates extra heat.. Frustrated. Thinking I should figure out how to wire the minisplit directly into the ipnoc 624

Screenshot 20210720 083001 Chrome
FourPlants

FourPlants

I am only running one tent currently so it is a little different for me. I just set the garage temp and use the fan on the tent to bring in constant fresh air. I still need to add a dehumidifier soon and will just condition the entire garage with that as well.

I imagine it is harder to keep a small space stable, similar to its harder to keep a small volume of water stable. I keep my entire garage cool with a 14k BTU window unit.

F

frogyrogy

Might check that your fan speeds on those Mitsubishi mini-splits aren't set to high. They are known to blow moisture off the coils before it can evaporate and raise humidity in the room they are cooling when running too high a fan speed.

Dabward

Dabward

I am only running one tent currently so it is a little different for me. I just set the garage temp and use the fan on the tent to bring in constant fresh air. I still need to add a dehumidifier soon and will just condition the entire garage with that as well.

I imagine it is harder to keep a small space stable, similar to its harder to keep a small volume of water stable. I keep my entire garage cool with a 14k BTU window unit.
Yeah its actually 3 spaces my office is the other half of the garage. And put an 18k minisplit which was the smallest 2 zone Mitsubishi carried.. 6k in veg 9k in flower. I stole the vent from the bathroom for the office space. So that is cooled by the whole house AC. Saved me 1500 vs the 3 zone minisplit I was looking at.. forced filtered air intake for veg from a 4in ac infinity pulling from the office space.6in exhaust filtered And 8 in ac infinity w filter passive for flower with a 14ร—6vent cut inconspicuously right behind the front door. Pulling air from the other half of the house. Also put a 12in exhaust fan in the ceiling of the grow half for good measure. The exhaust from the rooms keeps a garage that was w 110 on average at like 80-82 on those 95ยฐ days.... Im finding balance. Gotta say the iponic 624 has made it a hell of a lot easier...

Screenshot 20210720 100020 Chrome
Dabward

Dabward

Might check that your fan speeds on those Mitsubishi mini-splits aren't set to high. They are known to blow moisture off the coils before it can evaporate and raise humidity in the room they are cooling when running too high a fan speed.
Yeah I had it on auto first and it was an issue.. hell Just on dehu with the fan on high and it can still get down to 68ยฐ but humidity is high 50 so kpa is like 1.4 . I'm trying to find the balance there. Let the mini cool the room using that extra moisture from the coils. There is no shortage of humid air. Humidity out here is always 50% plus. But if the graphs are any indication I'm working it out. Bring the room to 70. Set the mini on dehu with the fan on high pointing at the light. Set a little dehu up next to intake running on low but running constantly. Tornado fan in the opposite corner air circulation running at 30% .. . Luckily I work from home so every chance I get I'm tweaking...

Screenshot 20210720 132219 Chrome
Screenshot 20210720 132237 Chrome
Dabward

Dabward

Yeah I had it on auto first and it was an issue.. hell Just on dehu with the fan on high and it can still get down to 68ยฐ but humidity is high 50 so kpa is like 1.4 . I'm trying to find the balance there. Let the mini cool the room using that extra moisture from the coils. There is no shortage of humid air. Humidity out here is always 50% plus. But if the graphs are any indication I'm working it out. Bring the room to 70. Set the mini on dehu with the fan on high pointing at the light. Set a little dehu up next to intake running on low but running constantly. Tornado fan in the opposite corner air circulation running at 30% .. . Luckily I work from home so every chance I get I'm tweaking...
If anything I'm regretting not setting the office up as a lung for the veg room. I dont think it needs AC at all. If I have that minisplit for the office it would be more comfortable. And more adjustable. Currently if the house is set to 72 the office if 73-74. Not uncomfortable. But could be better That's not an impossible alteration. Definitely more effort than I want to spare at this point.. So maybe for next summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom