• Start date
  • Tagged users None
TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Quick down low...

3 skittles autos, 2 banana blast autos.
MarsHydro TS1000, about 45% at 30 inch.
Small fan.
Only watered and have been quite Conservative, not over watering.
Started seedling in jiffys and quickly.put into these when they were sticking out a good inch.

1st time grow 2 weeks in any thoughts pictures provided

Probably 6-7 days old here, well watered in the pic as i was then worked away for 5 day where they didn't get watered, which isn't criminal at this stage I don't think.

1st time grow 2 weeks in any thoughts pictures provided 2
1st time grow 2 weeks in any thoughts pictures provided 4

Day 12, after returning from my 5 days away with work, got a little self watering system for now and also topped the pots off with some more mix as the two bigger ones on the right were pretty bent over so gave them all a top up to support. Looks much better now too.

Pic below, This one has quite a bent leaf, probably not the best picture to represent it but curious whether that could be anything to.keep.an eye on?
1st time grow 2 weeks in any thoughts pictures provided 5

Do they look ready to feed?
I will be gone again when they are day 14, and will not return until they are at day 20.
Lights on a timer.
Automatic irrigation thing is unusually even I tested it first in 5 glasses, I'm thinking of doing two watering watering day but only 20ml each a time, I.e. 100ml set of machine every 12 hours.

Please I love criticism, hit me with it haaa !!!

1st time grow 2 weeks in any thoughts pictures provided 3
Cypress66

Cypress66

Quick down low...

3 skittles autos, 2 banana blast autos.
MarsHydro TS1000, about 45% at 30 inch.
Small fan.
Only watered and have been quite Conservative, not over watering.
Started seedling in jiffys and quickly.put into these when they were sticking out a good inch.

View attachment 1121656
Probably 6-7 days old here, well watered in the pic as i was then worked away for 5 day where they didn't get watered, which isn't criminal at this stage I don't think.

View attachment 1121657View attachment 1121659
Day 12, after returning from my 5 days away with work, got a little self watering system for now and also topped the pots off with some more mix as the two bigger ones on the right were pretty bent over so gave them all a top up to support. Looks much better now too.

Pic below, This one has quite a bent leaf, probably not the best picture to represent it but curious whether that could be anything to.keep.an eye on?
View attachment 1121660

Do they look ready to feed?
I will be gone again when they are day 14, and will not return until they are at day 20.
Lights on a timer.
Automatic irrigation thing is unusually even I tested it first in 5 glasses, I'm thinking of doing two watering watering day but only 20ml each a time, I.e. 100ml set of machine every 12 hours.

Please I love criticism, hit me with it haaa !!!
Your plants look happy to me are you in coco there?

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Your plants look happy to me are you in coco there?
Cheers for getting back to me!

Coco Pro ( what's difference, is Pro just added nutrient?
Perlite
Worm casting
Roots support stuff

My tap water has ph of 6.8,
I brought it down to 6.0 when I filled the 20L barrel.

Should I begin feeding or hold out for another week?
I just have canna A+B, I was thinking of making a weak solution and starting them on it tomorrow....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Perlite
Worm casting
Roots support stuff

I just have canna A+B, I was thinking of making a weak solution and starting them on it tomorrow....
Which brand of coco pro?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Canna Coco, I live in the UK pal
Excellent stuff... im not so sure I would have added the worm castings because now your mixing organic and synthetic... but seem others do it so can't say it doesn't work. Usually they amend with other organics though and watered differently.

Normally unless using amended organic or slow release ferts you feed every time you water and don't let it dry out. So your in a bit of a middle place. Not sure what % of worm castings you put in?

What's your source water ppm?

You can start with a very light feed like 5ml each of A and B

You want to wet the entire media and get a bit of run off

Cypress66

Cypress66

Perlite
Worm casting
Roots support stuff

Yeah am has answered the question for you there i feed straight from the time they have sprouted use plant magic granules for the germination in the hole in the coco where the seed goes but the feed is a very light one and then as it grows you can see it getting stronger you can get the feed to the optimal level you are looking for listen to the feedback that Aqua Man has given you more than me you won’t go wrong with whatever that dude tells you has been a great help to me you will be sound here for help only been here for a few months myself and I’m English as well there’s a few of us on here good place peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

Excellent stuff... im not so sure I would have added the worm castings because now your mixing organic and synthetic... but seem others do it so can't say it doesn't work. Usually they amend with other organics though and watered differently.

Normally unless using amended organic or slow release ferts you feed every time you water and don't let it dry out. So your in a bit of a middle place. Not sure what % of worm castings you put in?

What's your source water ppm?

You can start with a very light feed like 5ml each of A and B

You want to wet the entire media and get a bit of run off
Am hope that you are well brother I will post pictures later on my plants i am quite pleased with them but would value your opinion for sure I have been feeding them ec is 1.2 ph 5.7/5.8 run off has been 1.2 for three plants and 1.0 on the smallest one have raised the temperature its now 27/30 lights on and 25/26 off i have put a small tube heater on the top of my oscillating fan it’s a tower fan but it is hanging horizontally on hangers so I have put the heater where it draws the air in and it is increasing the temperature of the whole tent i have four different gauges in the tent and they are all reading the same thing about it is the temperature in the dark is it okay to be in that range and do you think it is a good idea with the heater on the fan in the first place anyway the air that is being expelled from the fan isn’t warm to the touch and it is blowing across the light and just agitating the plants very nice airflow everywhere you put your hand humidity in the 39% before the heater was about 42% last time I looked a few hours ago extraction fan is on my intake is passive through a duct and the tent door is only a little 40wt heater what do you say about it bro when you have time of course I will get on the pictures of them but they have definitely been doing better than they were on the lower feed that I was giving them anyway I have never really asked you if you have any garden growing and how are your plants doing are you happy with them I can bet that I have you are anyway thanks again for your help that one with the distilled water and salt is a great money saving one and the storage for the ph meter is on the mark as well you ever thought about writing a book about horticulture you have the knowledge to do that and it would be a very helpful and trustworthy way to get information on the subject i have the bible from Jorge juvantis spelling wrong sorry still using it now and again for reference great book what do you do for a living if you don’t mind me asking about it if you do mind i will never let it happen again so nosy I am should have been a gavver what you have taught me about the ec level of your nutes was something that I have seen over the years from other things that I’ve been looking at and I have always been of the attitude of that can’t be right to be that much lower than the recommend level the last two gardens I have been improving on the past way I have been i was a very lazy gardener had been getting a good results but it was not a very optimal operation always been a very attentive kind of gardener and I still spend an unbelievable amount of time with them and I love that time i read a post somewhere might have been on here don’t know but the dude that was posting it was saying that he had messed up on something can’t remember what but he said that he found himself apologising to the plants and promising them that he wouldn’t do it again i talk to myself anyway as long as I don’t start arguing with myself I don’t have a problem with that lol peace ✌️ kuzz

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Hey guys, Aquamarine and Cypress 66, thanks for the info and suggestions, much appreciated chaps.

I apologise as broke my phone shortly after the last post, I have some 7 days later pictures I'll add now...... they blew up nicely.

This morning I noticed something peculiar on one of the plants leaves, so far this plant has been my best performer so I really want to save her if its potentially something bad.

As Aquaman Suggested I gave first feeding last week, only 20ml Canna A+B into 20l water and PH'd to 6. Watered sparingly.

I watered with nutes again on Monday, whe I returned home in the Evening. I noticed the discolouration and brittleness developing on some leaves.

Only environmental change is that I have turned the MarsHydro ts1000 to 70percent at about 30inch.

This week the plants will be repotted and moved into a tent with double the light. (Finances have held me back)

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

These pics are from 3 days later (yesterday) and this had happened the days after i watered it with the weak nute mix, please can anyone tell me what this is indicating?

20210518 064233
20210518 064229
20210518 064219
TimboSlice

TimboSlice

It is literally only on the lower first pair of 3 point leaves...... I've tried to Google but so much bolloxks online

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First thing you do when you see an issue is back the light off. That will reduce stress. Imo that's a large part of the issue. With the added worm castings you may need to reduce the watering and give a bit more drying between.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

First thing you do when you see an issue is back the light off. That will reduce stress. Imo that's a large part of the issue. With the added worm castings you may need to reduce the watering and give a bit more
Cheers, that's exactly what I've did yesterday, dropped the light back down to 50% and to be fair, over the 5 plants, this has only happened on 1 set of leaves on 1 plant, so hopefully it was only an early warning sign, well spotted.

The leaf doesn't feel as brittle as before now either which I assume is a good thing.

Literally can't wait for new tent and pots to arrive so I can repot them and move to a better space. Either way, they seem to be happy.
20210518 181959
20210518 181956

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cheers, that's exactly what I've did yesterday, dropped the light back down to 50% and to be fair, over the 5 plants, this has only happened on 1 set of leaves on 1 plant, so hopefully it was only an early warning sign, well spotted.

The leaf doesn't feel as brittle as before now either which I assume is a good thing.

Literally can't wait for new tent and pots to arrive so I can repot them and move to a better space. Either way, they seem to be happy.View attachment 1126067View attachment 1126068
You can remove those damaged leaves, they won't heal and leaves the plant a bit more susceptible to infection or bugs.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Cheers, I did so and removed the shirty leaves, plants have been repotted, new tent, ts1000 marsdydro will be 20" at full intensity.... Will see how they react, just on water for now too although I'm considering adding bloom to regime, is it what it's hyped up to be?

I'm assuming this is good? For 3 week? Pic attached
20210520 195411

Top Bottom