1st time Grow... could use all the help I can get

• Thread starter Zoobear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zoobear

Hello all, and Thank you for taking the time to read my 1st post =). O.K This will be my first grow and I must say I am really excited.

Due to financial strain I am forced to grow on a budget, and since this will be my first attempt... I will not have all the cool gizmos and gadgets.

My grow box is 3x3. Right now I have the walls flat white (using cheap poster board to lining the box). I am considering switching over to Mylar... but have not done so yet.

I will be using CFLs for my entire grow which will consist of anywhere from 4 - 8 plants. I am hoping to save a little money on my bill but I am using them more so for Temp control reasons. I currently have

1 x 125 Watt. 6500k CFL
4 x 27 Watt. 6400k CFL

I am using these lights for Veg only albeit I am considering keeping them running during flowering as well. As for flowering... it seems to be a ways away yet. I am still purchasing bulbs. As of right now I have

3 x 68watts (300 watt equivalent) 2700k CFL
(I found them at Home Depot for $14.95 and plan on going back to get more). I am also considering ordering a 125 watt 2700k bulb from Hydrofarms if the home depot CFLs do not cut it in bulk.

I am using Organic Choice Potting Mix, Made by MiracleGro. I know alot of people are against anything made by MG, but it was convenient so I went with it.

So how am I doing so far?? your thoughts whether positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

I am also wondering about air flow and how concerned I should be w/ it. Any thoughts or ideas? and finally nutrients? the soil says it keeps feeding for 2months. Anything I can add or spray to give the kids alittle more ummph.

As you can see I am completely new to this, and need all the help I can get. The THCFarmer site has proven to be the most informative I have come across and I hope that I can come away w/ a good learning experience this first time around. So any and all information is will welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to read my post. Keep it Green!!

S

snake383

keep the lights close to your plants. this will prmote rapid growth with low wattage. also check out the grow faqs link at the top.

D

drpressure600

. . you'd really wanna read true marijuana horticulture 1st amigo, that will give you a great in sight in to everything, that ask the questions if you get stuck, this site is the best on the planet for help, . . you'll be fine once you keep reading & stay devoted . .

N

Nuglover

Yo Zoo, just use flat white paint.It's cheap, it works, it won't give you half the problems of mylar(tearing,etc.),and you can always throw on another coat. I'll probably get grief for this but I've used that organic choice before.It's not great, but it'll work. You don't have to spend $1000's to build your room. Take your time and plan everthing out first though or you'll regret it. You can rig up a fan for ventilation(very neccesary), make sure your lights are close if you use CFL's, use organic ferts though. If you're inexperienced, it's harder to burn your girls using organics than using synthetic chemicals. There's enough experience here at the Farm to help you man. Just read and absorb...and welcome to the Farm.

hubcap

hubcap

Yo Zoo, just use flat white paint.It's cheap, it works, it won't give you half the problems of mylar(tearing,etc.),and you can always throw on another coat.

flat white or "eggshell" some places call it.
fucking designer names, lol.

def take a look at the FAQs here. Youd be surprised how much time youd save asking a question thats been asked alot already. def worth the time to at the very least become familiar with what youre about to tackle.

its easy, yeah, but you do kinda hafta know whats going on.

-understand N-P-K ratios and when the plant prefers which...
-understand pH and how that effect nutrient uptake.
-understand that overwatering is going to be your first problem. trust us. we know. err to the side of "too dry"
-become familiar with the different styles...Sea of Green....Screen of Green....Stadium (see: Heath Robinson, that sick bastud) etc.....and try to work the style that would best suit your growing space.
-become familiar with training/Light Stress Training...and the different styles of 'torture' designed to make your ladies do whatcha want.

-id recommend a good shitter book too.
that jorge cervantes book is worth $20 imo....

after you do all of that...

fire away with any questions ya got mate.

we'll getcha rockin!

:fighting0087:

Top Bottom