1st time grower... deficiency or?

• Thread starter Somdgrimes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Somdgrimes

Somdgrimes

Ok first time getting plants this far...

Got these as clones stuck them in fox farm happy frog and let er rip tater chip.

Just started some nutes, fox farm trio, my leaves have some curling tho and yellowing. Any ideas?

1st time grower deficiency or
1st time grower deficiency or 2
1st time grower deficiency or 3
1st time grower deficiency or 4
1st time grower deficiency or 5
1st time grower deficiency or 6
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
That's going to be nutrient rich soil as is, prolly don't need to add to it for a little bit. Also, I've heard you shouldn't pop clones in this type of soil starting out. I don't use clones but I know many on here do.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

That's going to be nutrient rich soil as is, prolly don't need to add to it for a little bit. Also, I've heard you should pop clones in this type of soil starting out. I don't use clones but I know many on here do.
Fox Farms Happy Frog is fortified with about enough nutrients for 3 weeks of growth. Secondly, there are a lot of people coming to this site with issues with that fox farm trio stuff. The deformed leaves are in this case from a lack of Calcium IMO. Notice how purple the stems are? That is more than what you would typically see from the lights. If it was my grow I would just go out and get a good 3 part. Jacks 321, Athena or Southern Ag and run that per the about 50 to 60 percent of the directions and add cal mag if you are under LED

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The leaf hooking is to much Nitrogen! Water these plants. I mean soak them. A splat of water like that is not good. Soil in the pot needs to be kept moist all over so the roots grow out in search of the water, not a wet spot in the middle. Just water for the next 30 days and see how it looks. Then something simple like Veg with Pro mix 12-6-6 1/2 strength will work wonders for you. Keep it simple. I should add that you need to PH your water. 6.0 you can get test strips on ebay cheep. Don't push just let them be happy. When you switch to 12-12 switch to root booster 5 15 5.

Promix 2

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

The leaf hooking is to much Nitrogen! Water these plants. I mean soak them. A splat of water like that is not good. Soil in the pot needs to be kept moist all over not a wet spot in the middle. Just water for the next 30 days and see how it looks. Then something simple like Veg Pro mix 12-6-6 1/2 strength will work wonders for you. Keep it simple.View attachment 1180129
If it was too much nitrogen as in nitrogen toxification the leaves would be dark green and shiny.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm still thinking these plants are suffering from high Nitrogen levels. Not real bad but they are clawing for a reason.
The red stems lead me to think PH issue as well. You need to be looking closely at your soil and water PH asap. Find out what your dealing with.
I'm not sure why the yellowing leaves, I'm thinking PH related problem as well, lockout. Don't go throwing a bunch of fertilizer at them until you get the PH sorted out.
Soil test kits are available at most garden centers. Then you will know what you need to make your plants happy again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom