1st Time Growing on my own

• Thread starter vegasendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vegasendo

Well if anyone else is like me I smoke so much weed that it's not easy for me to pick things when both options are "just as good" lol so hydro vs soil first of all and then mh vs hps 2nd of all.

I got my medical marijuana license here in NV and am allowed 7 plants in which at any time only 3 can be mature.

I would really appreciate someone giving me some ideas on what I should do. I am in a 2 bedroom apartment . Each bedroom has its own bath and only one is occupied so the other is open.

I'm trying to get some ideas on a setup as to what would work well for this space as well as some pointers someone first doing this should know to avoid say bugs or stupid errors that normally would happen that could be prevented.

Your response and help is more than appreciated. Thanks again.

mace

mace

Well since the laws are written in a retarded way i would suggest a method that would maximize your plant size before changing to flower. Normally this would suggest to me soil, but you could do a DWC bucket or some form of hydro if you want. Remember, indica's tend to double in hieght when flipping to flower, sativa's can triple. Take into account how much room you have so you know how big to get them in veg. You can yield more than a pound a plant if they are big enough afterall.

HPS for flower, MH for veg is generally accepted to be the best setup. I use LED's but that's an expensive way to start something you're not even sure if you're going to like doing. Also, when trying to factor yeild, provided your plant area covers the recommended space for your light, i would say the average is .5 grams per watt for someone just starting out growing.

Hope that helps

F

Finalopagus

down with mace, good info read it again
DWC will give you better yields

it an't any harder....

V

vegasendo

Ok let me add that I will be grabbing some clones because they are now available. So if I'm going to get some clones what is the best route to handle them? In the past I had some clones in this little rockwool thing row hatever and there was no ventilation whatsoever in the closet i had it in LOL and umm i had a 400 watt HPS above em.. they ended up dying right away after abotu 2-3 days

I don't mind spending money on a good investment.. i read up alreadyon a tool the bluelab truncheon things -- 120 bucks or so to test some shit.. I can get one of those probly and then some you mentioned LED lights do you have HPS or MH besides LED or u use LED for all?? I'm very interested.. I know it could take a while to get good of course.. but this is a life long task for me now.. so im all ears.. and sorry im so question FILLED i have no time in the week to spend on these sites during the day like i wish I could... thanks again for your help

V

vegasendo

Can I buy a dwc setup.. or must I construct one.. I have no problem constructing it if need be I guess lol cuz thats whats gotta be done of course but i would prefer to buy a setup.. never the less if making one is what needs to be done ud think youtube would have a popular video someone would have a link to if not a step by step guide on here possibly with a list of things you need .

F

Finalopagus

holy shit clone batman.....
man wish i could got buy a clone

why did it die? u still got the light, need some water, and nutrients.
Why closet? call it a grow room....
need some ventalation.... a small fan naw two
one to remove old stank air from the grow room
another to curn the air in the room round

stick the "thing row hatever" into some kind of system.
this fucking shit works

then send me a big fat bag of dank....:rofl

mace

mace

Well, i really recommend going soil for your first grow, but that's just me.
DWC is going to be a bit faster and yeild a touch more, but problems can get out of control fast in hydro. You'll need to check your plants and the water PH twice a day.

There is a grow guide where you can absorb a ton of info when you get a chance. Any other questions you can PM me and ill be happy to help.

I use all LED but i wouldn't recommend that for you right now. It's got some micro nutrient issues right now. We're still trying to figure out the best ratio's and whatnot. Might be able to recommend lights in about two months after some more testing.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You should look into coco with a 400 watt HPS. Best of both worlds. I will say however, it's real hard to beat the yield from DWC. I easily doubled yields moving from organics to DWC, easily.

If you've got the $$ get a tent, fan and carbon filter.

A

astro

You may want to research a (CMH) ceramic metal halide bulb for your hps setup. I have been using them lately and they seem to be the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom