1st Time Photo Grower

• Thread starter Jesse5593
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jesse5593

Jesse5593

Hey y’all, 1st timer here, been researching and reading articles, forums, etc. landed here to share my growing journey! Lots of great material on here. Just learning this go around and so excited for the possibilities of smoking my own meds! Started with 5 bag seeds from a good local indica strain(Shaw #3). Ended up grabbing rooted Pineapple Kush and Jack Flash Clones also! Anyway, seeding and vegging indoors currently, before growing outdoors. Using Ocean Forest soil, fox farm big bloom and grow big currently. Using all LED, Combo grow light bulb, led flouros and bulbs. Thanks for all the info already and looking forward to sharing my grows!

1st time photo grower
1st time photo grower 2
1st time photo grower 3
1st time photo grower 4
Madbud

Madbud

Nice start, watch that your timer approximates daylight hours for when you plan to move them outdoors. If your lights are 18/6 and sunlight is 14/11 they can start to flower, then reveg if the days are getting longer like late May. Also, bring them out gradually, couple days in shade and out of the wind to harden before any full sun. Probably want to look into spinosad and neem oil for bugs too. Good luck.

Jesse5593

Jesse5593

Am I okay on leaving my plants on 20/4 lights until a week before moving outdoors? Then I can match the actual daylight hours and adjust my artificial lights timer for those times? I changed over from 18/6 to 20/4 a week ago. Should I start introducing some hours to sunlight now when it’s about 65F+ (I did this when they were seedlings)? Thanks for the heads up, I plan on moving them outdoors the first or second week of May. I’ll have a greenhouse ready also for windbreaks and any potential bad weather! Thanks so much. I’ve already topped and fimmed, there looking great, trying a few methods with each plant.

CannabisKyd

CannabisKyd

i dont believe the 2 hour light change wont hurt the little ones

Madbud

Madbud

Am I okay on leaving my plants on 20/4 lights until a week before moving outdoors? Then I can match the actual daylight hours and adjust my artificial lights timer for those times? I changed over from 18/6 to 20/4 a week ago. Should I start introducing some hours to sunlight now when it’s about 65F+ (I did this when they were seedlings)? Thanks for the heads up, I plan on moving them outdoors the first or second week of May. I’ll have a greenhouse ready also for windbreaks and any potential bad weather! Thanks so much. I’ve already topped and fimmed, there looking great, trying a few methods with each plant.
No, to go from 4 hours darkness to 14 will flip them, then after a week or two, they start revegging because the daylight gets longer til june 21. You could use light deprivation to keep them in flower, put them in a dark place at night until say 8 or 9 am. My experience and opinion.

Jesse5593

Jesse5593

No, to go from 4 hours darkness to 14 will flip them, then after a week or two, they start revegging because the daylight gets longer til june 21. You could use light deprivation to keep them in flower, put them in a dark place at night until say 8 or 9 am. My experience and opinion.
thanks, I was planning on leaving them indoors until mid May and at the latest have them out full time by June 1st as there will be more than 14 hours of sun. Also in the meantime I’m going to change my light schedule to like 16/8 on May 1st. Give them a month to get used the time. Would that be fine so they don’t reveg in your opinion?

Madbud

Madbud

thanks, I was planning on leaving them indoors until mid May and at the latest have them out full time by June 1st as there will be more than 14 hours of sun. Also in the meantime I’m going to change my light schedule to like 16/8 on May 1st. Give them a month to get used the time. Would that be fine so they don’t reveg in your opinion?
Its hard to say, i’m running 15/9. I read on here that you can bring the light period down 15 minutes/week to prevent flowering. What i know from experience is if they go from 6 hours darkness to 11 or 12 hours some will flip then reveg.

Reactions: Ina
Jesse5593

Jesse5593

Its hard to say, i’m running 15/9. I read on here that you can bring the light period down 15 minutes/week to prevent flowering. What i know from experience is if they go from 6 hours darkness to 11 or 12 hours some will flip then reveg.
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

Top Bottom