1st timer seedling looking funny

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

The growth dosent just start over night it takes a few days it's not really a recovery but just a setback being stressed like why am I not growing that way anymore ohh okay I'll start growing 2 heads sorry for delay lol what I started doing after topping was if the side growth don't catch up and it continues to stretch I'll tie down the branches and make her bushy and tie down the main untill it's 90 degrees and make an even canopy

20211208 193937
20211208 204654
20211213 181342
20211222 201605
Dothraki

Dothraki

The growth dosent just start over night it takes a few days it's not really a recovery but just a setback being stressed like why am I not growing that way anymore ohh okay I'll start growing 2 heads sorry for delay lol what I started doing after topping was if the side growth don't catch up and it continues to stretch I'll tie down the branches and make her bushy and tie down the main untill it's 90 degrees and make an even canopy
That’s the only thing I don’t like about fabric pots...for tie downs. I’m working on a solution. Like a reinforced fabric pot.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
That’s the only thing I don’t like about fabric pots...for tie downs. I’m working on a solution. Like a reinforced fabric pot.
butterfly clips man. you can get em for cheap, they hold really well, and don't require puncturing the fabric at all. have used em on outdoor plants many a time with great success (at least until the donkey dicks hit the dirt because they're heavier than the stem wants to support).

Zombierider

Zombierider

Are you going to put up a scrog? I’m putting mine together out of pvc and weed whacker string.

Zombierider

Zombierider

So I fertigated them today, and got 12% avg runoff, inflow was 669ppm and outflow was 216ppm. So, I guess I’m, raise that ppm by another hundred and see if that works. I guess these plants are pretty hungry, or maybe my coco is holding onto lots of nutes.

Dothraki

Dothraki

butterfly clips man. you can get em for cheap, they hold really well, and don't require puncturing the fabric at all. have used em on outdoor plants many a time with great success (at least until the donkey dicks hit the dirt because they're heavier than the stem wants to support).
Yeah that’s what I use...but they pull the fabric over then it’s hard to water those areas.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Years ago, my buddy was managing an auto part store and I was working with him...he was whining about something so I took a binder clip and taped a small piece of paper to it that I wrote “Gucci” on, then stuck a tiny corner of tissue coming out and handed it to him...”here’s your purse if you want a tissue”.

Zombierider

Zombierider

So the plant seem to be growing, albeit at a slower pace, and the new growth doesn’t seem to have any yellowing. However I’m getting some drooping of the leaves, can mag deficiency also cause drooping leaves? Also, should I foliar spray with cal mag or Epsom salt for mag deficiency? I’m planning on foliar spraying the plants with Epsom salts or cal mag, but not sure which would do better. Here is my grow environment: 77-81f, 60-65 rh, light is at 300 umols, I’ve got decent airflow with two fans circulating air.

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

How often are you watering?
Well I went from 2x a day and got way too much runoff (50%) to now once a day and getting around 10-20% runoff, but my ec is still lower than inflow. I flowed tobh advice and raised my ppm to 700.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I agree with @Mr.GreenthumbOG

Also, have you lowered your lights recently? I've had some smaller plants look sad @ 300 ppfd.

I've only started using coco in the past few months but in my experience when a plant is that size they like to dry out a little. I've noticed watering too frequently with a plant that size in coco slows growth as well. Once the roots take hold you can water the heck out of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom