1st UC grow using Super Natural and others

• Thread starter danseven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danseven

Hello everyone,
This is my 1st time growing in an Undercurrent system and 1st time growing hydroponic. All of the plants I put in my UC are Kush stains, pre 98' Bubba, OG Bubba, and 2 OG. All 4 are clones, and all female. I am using a 4 x 8 gal. UC, with 1, 1000 w. I decided to use the Super Natural Grow Aqua brand as my base nutrient. I like that I don't have to PH the water. I also have been using Cal-Mag, Iguana Juice grow, H&G root accelerator, and Super Thrive. I transplanted the 4 plants from home made buckets with pumps moving water from the bottom to the tops. They grew in buckets for a little over a month before being moved to the UC.
All kush 1st uc 5x7
Uc w res
These 2 photos where taken when the plants had been in UC 3 days. If anyone wants to know this whole UC thing I blame on Jackmyoffer, for he posted the killer photos of his powerful grow in the UC, so of course I had to try for myself. Stay tuned, there will be more photos to come!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I run the supernatural in my mother tray and it kicks some ass for sure
If I were you I would drop everything else except the roots excel. The supernatural doesnt need any ca;-mag or any other nutes added to it. Im not trying to nock your nute schedule ya just dont need anything else with it.
I been really considering trying it in my veg rig considering how well it works.
Do you plan to bloom with it as well?
If so I have a few pointers for ya
BG

D

danseven

Week 2 and things are going ok

Well, it is the second week of Danseven's first Hydro grow. All I can say is I think there is even less to do when growing with water. The Super Natural is woking great, the PH has been holding steady at 7.5 to 7.7. If anyone has used the H&G Root excel I could use a hand on how much to use in the 8 gal set in a 4 pack?
UC week 2 all kush
. Since the UC seems to be like a Ron-Co rotisserie oven, "just set and forget it", I had to keep a soil grow going. I put a 5x5 tent on my covered patio with a digital MH/HPS 600 and put 6 OG Kush and 1 LA Confidential in it about December 31.
1st week flower 5x5 patio OG soil
La Confidential soil 1st week flower in 5x5
I need the room for futures coming from the clone machine and I have a home made UC I want to try in the 5x5 tent.

B

BavarianFarmer

PH for dirt and hydro is totally different. Bring it way down!

B

Baddog

Hope it works Out for You Fo Sho! I tried supernatural nutes! The grow worked well! and the flower worked well. But I had a hard time Stabilizing the PH when I switched to the Super boost and Blast After a few day the PH Plummeted over night from 5.8 to 4.6 and I could'nt get it to stabilize! Im switching to DM! It seams a bit more stable from what I've read! Id use canna but I dont have it readily available Here!

D

danseven

So, if I want to get the PH down, is it best to add PH down to the epicenter or to try and get the res PH down? The res level does not seam to be dropping very quickly. The PH in the res has been just at 6.9. Thanks for all of the helpful info, I knew posting this thread would be a benefit to me. Thanks everyone!

D

danseven

Shots from the future!

I received a call from a friend Tuesday night saying he had some clones ready and asked if I wanted any? Being someone who can almost never turndown anything cannabis related, I said sure and drove to his house. I picked up 15 new rooted cuts just out of his EZ cloner. He had 4 Sour Diesel and 11 Grape God. I stopped by another friends house on my way back to my place and gave him 2 of the Grape Gods. He is just getting started so I would like to see him get going in some what of the correct direction even though he has a bunch of starts from seed. It wasn't until I got home that I relised I did not have any place to put 13 new plants other than in dirt. So, I just left the cuts in the cups of water I picked them up in put them in the tent and went to ponder my situation.:bongsmi: I figured I would just put them in rock cubes and set up a flood tray. That way they can grow and still be hydro or if I want they can be put in dirt. I had a pump, went to my local hydro shop and purchased a 1' x 3' flood tray, starter plugs and 3" cubes. I had 3/4" tubing and just used a couple of 5 gal buckets to hold the tray and 1 as the res.
Flood tray week 1
. The situation made me get things going since I have recently purchased an EZ Clone 30 and have had cuts in it about 2 weeks and all of them are starting to need to be put in something else.
Flood tray and ez clone
. Also using Super NAtural in my flood and drain with a little H&G Root excel and Super Thrive. I will post new pic's of the 4x4 tent grow every so often or when I need help with a problem.

B

Baddog

Im By no means a UC Guru But Adding Ph down to epicenter is Not very good on the plants at all! ( Its Acid ) the best way is to have a reservoir and reduce the ph there so as it enters your system it lowers ph slowly! If you don't have a reservoir I guess I would add very small amounts slowly over a few days to bring ph down slowly to about 6 or 6.3.

G

grow_dat_nasty

If you use the ph very lightly should be ok in epp., I do it like this never hurt anything for me, just go easy, since its only a 4 site you don't need too much to bring it down and I run grapegod also, shits pretty bomb, smells and taste like grapes I've never had anything thay tastes and smells like it does, heavy yeilder, and finishes in 50 days, awesome strain a definate keeper

D

danseven

Yes I do have a reservoir, and that is exactly what I did Baddog. I have got the reservoir at about 5.7, and the system is holding steady at 6.3 to 6.5.

B

Baddog

Nice Bro!:cool0010: You could lower it a bit more 5.8 is the target! Take the res to 5.4 or 5.5! but 6.3 is respectable!

D

danseven

week 3 in the UC and roots knotty roots!

Week 3 and things are going well I think for a first time hydro grow. Thanks to all of you who read this and make helpful suggestions, much appreciated. I did loose 1 of the first plants I put in the UC last week. I saw some signs of pest and gave it a spray and it died 2 days later. I have replaced it with 1 of the Grape God clones I received a week ago Monday.
Bubba 3 weeks grape god 3 days
The short grape God in the photo has been in the UC only 3 days. The progress I have seen in this system has me thinking the $900 I spent on it is going to be well worth it. I first saw what this system is capable of on 1 of Jackmyoffer's UC threads. he posted photos of the massive root system and the giant stocks> All of these made me say"hey if I could do half that good I will be excited", so I bought the system and this is what I was looking for,
Bubba 7 usb week 3
Bubba stock week 3
Bubba roots 3 weeks uc
. All of this growth in only 3 weeks!:confused0054: I love hydroponic growing!
Uc week 3 1 new plant GG
My futures tent is going pretty good as well. Almost all of the 25 clones I put into my EZ Clone 30 have popped roots with the exception of the 3 LA Confidential. Has anyone had the same problem trying to clone LA Confidential? I need another 1' x 3' flood tray so I can take the last of the new clones out of the machine and make more room in the other tray.
Mini sea of green 2 weeks

M

MediMary

So, if I want to get the PH down, is it best to add PH down to the epicenter or to try and get the res PH down? The res level does not seam to be dropping very quickly. The PH in the res has been just at 6.9. Thanks for all of the helpful info, I knew posting this thread would be a benefit to me. Thanks everyone!
if you check my grow, I have a recommendation from dan on exactly what to do in this situation.

Everything is looking nice though :)+1

D

danseven

When things go wrong

After I posted the pictures of my monster Bubba Kush plant and its root system, the next day when the light came on the plant looked like it hadn't been watered in a month. I think I may have damaged the main root stem when I was lifting it out of the grow chamber. I kept it in the UC for a week to see if it would come back to life. I don't think it died off completely, because it had a small shoot off of the bottom of the stalk that has seemed to still be a live.
Live branch on dead bubba

Is this dead?
Dead bubba in UC

These photos are from last week, before I removed the Bubba from the UC and put another OG Bubba in its place.

hiboy

hiboy

my buddy was cloning la confid. took like 2-3 weeks to get roots and hes great at it.
some strains take a whole lot longer to sprout em

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup danseven! Just read through the thread and was pretty surprised to see that last photo of the Bubba... Besides that, everything looks great, but I'm very curious at what caused that Bubba to die... Was it shock and did the roots still look white? :wondering

D

danseven

Shady the roots stayed white until 2 days after the dead and dried look started. I still think I broke the main root stock some how. What I have decided to do is not pick them up out of the grow chamber if possible. Live, learn and keep growing.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I pick mine up out of the buckets almost everyday. I dont think that caused it

Top Bottom