1st UC grow using Super Natural and others

• Thread starter danseven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danseven

Not all things are easy

Hey everyone, I know it has been a while since my last post, just had things to do, find my missing cat, deal with the UC leaking, dealing with thieves on EBay, and changing to all digital ballast. Jackmyoffer has really got the UC down, and I don't. So far I have killed 3 plants in the thing, I am not seeing the giant grow size that I have seen on this site and now I have a leak some where on the thing.View attachment 133081
I am now considering picking up the 4 x 4 flood tray and 40 gallon resevior I recently purchased to put in my 5 x 5 tent and taking the 4 plants out of the UC and putting them with all of my now mostly 2' 'ers View attachment 133082
and put them under the 1000 and finish them up all together.View attachment 133083 All of these plants are getting tall and starting to really stretch. With the new leak in the UC this plan is really starting to grow on me, plus I have not lost a single plant in the Flood and Drain set up. I am not sure if the big plants will make it, coming out of the UC with the long root masses and then lying them on a rock wool bed. This idea just seems to make more sense, and i am tired of mopping up water! So I guess this is turning into a first UC grow with Super Natural, and switching to Flood and Drain using Super Natural.

D

danseven

This is now a Flood and Drain post

I know what you are all saying or thinking, "Dude you are quitter!" Well, I must say the UC kicked my ass, with the size of the unit and all of the leaking I must have made it do. I just came to the conclusion that this is a better way for me to grow at this point.
Fd plants  bucket

My biggest motivating factor is that I am out of smoke in my stash, so got to get things moving so I don't have to purchase any.

4x4 FD
4x4 flood drain SofG
M

MediMary

Thanks for the update Dan seems folks either love the UC or go running the opposite direction. Hope everything goes smooth from here on out for you with the flood and drain.

D

danseven

My humidity never got above 60% Jimmy. I have not completely given up on the UC, I have just put it on the back burner of possible. I think my first mistake was never have grown anything in hydro other than starting a few clones. As the old saying go's, I was trying run before I could walk. The other thing is my room needs to be emptied, carpet removed, electrical dropped in from the attic with more circuts and a window air conditioner installed. Doing all of those things would give me more room, which is much needed, and then I will try the UC again. So far the flood and drain seems to be a little easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom