2/3 of my seedlings stoped growing after day 3 of popping out the soil

• Thread starter Jumanjji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumanjji

Jumanjji

Plants: sour diesel auto-fem bonus seeds from seedsman

Setup: 2x4 tent, 3 gal fabric pots, ventilation, humidifier

Substrate: 70/30 organic soil/perlite mixed with a little 5-3-2 chicken poo, very light top dressing of Gaia green 4-4-4 as I didn’t get it until after I planted

I made a post a week ago about these little guys and how 2/3 stopped growing. Most advice was to be patient. I have been but they’re still basically where they were a week ago. No real growth, and now the leaves are curling weird.

I’m a brand new grower, so I know lots of you will probably say I overwatered, but I don’t think I did. One of these 2 actually fell over one day because I didn’t water, though I got it back very quickly.

The 3rd pic is the heathy one for reference. All three of the plants popped after 24 hrs in water, then another day or so in paper towel, then into the soil 14 days ago. The 2 “stunted” ones stopped growing about 4 days later, and the healthy one has been great.

I’ve seen people on forums remove their seedling, rinse off the roots and replant with success. Is this common or recommended?

My main issue is timing, I’m moving out of my apartment in 3.5 months so starting new seeds is gonna cut it very close to harvest before moving, but I don’t know if these are recoverable and I don’t want to waste power growing 1 autoflower in my 2x4 tent.

Any advice welcome!

23 of my seedlings stoped growing after day 3 of popping out the soil
23 of my seedlings stoped growing after day 3 of popping out the soil 2
23 of my seedlings stoped growing after day 3 of popping out the soil 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They don't need any nutrients at this stage of growth. But be patient and don't over-water.

coherent

coherent

Did you start them in peat/jiffy pellets and plant the pellet in the larger pot after sprouting or did you start the seeds in the larger pots? Only advice now is let the soil provide needed nutrients and water conservatively. Lack of growth in newly sprouted plants is normally due to drowning roots or lack of proper root formation (compact soil, nute burn etc). Growth may stall because initially because the new plant is working on roots, not above ground growth. Give them some time.

Moshmen

Moshmen

They are putting down roots! Wait till week 3 ish and you should see some growth, careful not to overwater/ water to often . They are stunted a bit prolly from hot soil - seedlings are fragile and don’t need food/nutes for first two 3 weeks usually depending on your medium - be patient there will be a point where they grow like crazy

Moshmen

Moshmen

Plants: sour diesel auto-fem bonus seeds from seedsman

Setup: 2x4 tent, 3 gal fabric pots, ventilation, humidifier

Substrate: 70/30 organic soil/perlite mixed with a little 5-3-2 chicken poo, very light top dressing of Gaia green 4-4-4 as I didn’t get it until after I planted

I made a post a week ago about these little guys and how 2/3 stopped growing. Most advice was to be patient. I have been but they’re still basically where they were a week ago. No real growth, and now the leaves are curling weird.

I’m a brand new grower, so I know lots of you will probably say I overwatered, but I don’t think I did. One of these 2 actually fell over one day because I didn’t water, though I got it back very quickly.

The 3rd pic is the heathy one for reference. All three of the plants popped after 24 hrs in water, then another day or so in paper towel, then into the soil 14 days ago. The 2 “stunted” ones stopped growing about 4 days later, and the healthy one has been great.

I’ve seen people on forums remove their seedling, rinse off the roots and replant with success. Is this common or recommended?

My main issue is timing, I’m moving out of my apartment in 3.5 months so starting new seeds is gonna cut it very close to harvest before moving, but I don’t know if these are recoverable and I don’t want to waste power growing 1 autoflower in my 2x4 tent.

Any advice welcome!
If they are autos I wouldn’t wash roots ! Hang in there

Latest posts

Top Bottom