2 Gallon Smart Pots 50/50 Chow Drain to Waste Irrgigation Times

• Thread starter turbo14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
turbo14

turbo14

Just as the title says, plants are 4 weeks into veg, very established with pearly white roots coming out the bottoms. I was doing ebb and flow, PH was all over the place. I got drippers, 250gph pumps, and line. How often do you guys irrigate for 2 gallon chow mix? I friend told me twice a day for only a minute each watering.

Thanks in advance.

Love and light

turbo

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

i go 10 seconds on every hour for chow but thats with trees in 20 gallon smarties, just an example.

K

kushtrees

2 times a day is plenty for 50/50, make sure your gettin 20% run off or so. You could also do as chrondale said and do lots of frequent, shorter irragations. Both ways work, and coco if very forgiving with watering times.

A couple things to go by... Get 20% run off or so to avoid salt build ups and keep the coco moist not soaking wet. There's lots of ways to water play with it

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I ended up dialing into 3x per day @ 45 seconds per irrigation in 2 gallon pots, Tried 4x with 50/50 chow and backed it off to 3x with better results.

M

mrduke

i run 2min fro the first and last feed of the day and 2 more in the middle of 1 minute each 3g smarties 50/50 with a bit of perlite added. but it will really all depend on how many drippers and the rate of drip Ie amount of gal/minute at the plant site.

bobby

bobby

Just as the title says, plants are 4 weeks into veg, very established with pearly white roots coming out the bottoms. I was doing ebb and flow, PH was all over the place. I got drippers, 250gph pumps, and line. How often do you guys irrigate for 2 gallon chow mix? I friend told me twice a day for only a minute each watering.

Thanks in advance.

Love and light

turbo

Feeding times are one of the more important aspects to growing, but also one of the few FREE things we can do to improve our gardens. So it's worth mastering.

There are many ways to skin a cat, but here is one safe way to do it.

1. Fill up a watering can with 2 gallons of water.
2. Water your 2 gallon container until you see water dripping out of the bottom. Stop when you see water (this will be about 10% runoff).
3. Take note of how much water you just used.
4. Determine how many times per day you want to feed your plant, 2 times is a good starting point.
5. Create your drip line system.
6. Get a timer and measuring cup.
7. Take one of your drippers and place it in the measuring cup.
8. Time how long it takes to achieve the amount of water you want from #3 above. (if you have several drippers in each pot, then account for that)
9. Set your timer to the desired amount of water and schedule per day.

This is a good starting point, then you start taking notes and comparing your data. There are many factors that determine how often you should feed your plants - light distance, temp and humidity are a few...so it's always best to test it out and monitor.

My research shows that coco works best when always slightly moist. The theory behind this is that when coco starts to dry out, the PH starts to fluctuate in the root zone. See where you're plants respond the best. Don't forget to incorporate a regular flushing of your plants to avoid nutrient/ph lockout.

turbo14

turbo14

I'm doing 4 times a day for 1 minute.

Plants are crushing it harder than I would ever expected.

yeaaaaaaaah budddy

turbo

Top Bottom