• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Alright, so, Question and Opinions....

My next place is going to have 2 rooms dedicated to Growing. My question is, do you guys think it would be better to have just 2 independent Grow Rooms, just running from start to finish... or would you/I be better served by having 1 room for Veg and 1 room for Flowering?

*I have not yet sat down and figure out the exact sq ft needed for each room to comfortably grow 8-12 plants.

Please discuss and explain.

XxHammer

XxHammer

And while we are running this thread:

I did not plan on setting up Tents inside the rooms since they will be 100% dedicate to Growing, but will likely do some other things to prep the room and make it better for Growing (i.e more reflective walls, waterproof floor, etc)....

I am hoping to convert a walk-in closet into a drying room.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use 2 adjacent small bedrooms with one holding a veg tent and workroom and serves as the lung room for itself and the flower room next door. The veg/lung room contains a 10k window a/c and the intake fans to the flower room next door. And the exhaust from the flower room can go out the chimney in summer and is ducted under the living room floor in the basement in winter as supplemental heat.

I grow 4 staggered 10 days to 2 weeks apart seed plants or clones I took and flower 8 intended to have a plant harvested every week or two.

the closet in the converted bedroom flower room serves as the drying closet and shares the carbon filter with the plants.

And it has been going like this 24/7 except for a recent pest clean out for almost 7 years.

Madmax

Madmax

I have a small veg room 90cmx1.5 and use t5ho lights for the first 3 weeks of growth.then use cmh for a week or 2 ..the t5hos work very well.having a veg room you can put more plants in and select the best ones for the flower room..you can even take cuttings off a plant you really like before you put into flower or even have the veg room just for a mom...i use my veg room as a dry room also so it has many benefits..

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep I'm going through that problem switch my veg 3x3 to a flower tent and buy and set up to veg n run 2 flower tents I've gone a bit crazy popping n breeding seeds .... Run out of room fast .

XxHammer

XxHammer

Typically you need 2-3 flower room for each veg room. So if you only have 2 rooms then just make both able to do full grows.

Grrr... what to do, what to do

I am leaning towards this route especially since it would mean I could setup and run 1 room until I was ready to start up a 2nd... in terms of equipment and startup costs... To a Veg room and a Flower room would be more expensive initially....

So... and I am going to do a ton of research also... what is the best LIGHT for start to finish... within reason. I have seen the HLG Scorpions and I cant spend that kind of money. I want something that is basically top-level for home growers but not necessarily a commercial light.

SpiderFarmer? Gravita?

What light would YOU run if you had to pick 1 light for a room (yes, I plan on running 3-4 of them depending on wattage)

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Grrr... what to do, what to do

I am leaning towards this route especially since it would mean I could setup and run 1 room until I was ready to start up a 2nd... in terms of equipment and startup costs... To a Veg room and a Flower room would be more expensive initially....

So... and I am going to do a ton of research also... what is the best LIGHT for start to finish... within reason. I have seen the HLG Scorpions and I cant spend that kind of money. I want something that is basically top-level for home growers but not necessarily a commercial light.

SpiderFarmer? Gravita?

What light would YOU run if you had to pick 1 light for a room (yes, I plan on running 3-4 of them depending on wattage)
Hey man I’m also a new grower here. I went with a philzon “2000” watt one off Amazon for about $250. Don’t know how well it will work. Should come in Thursday. Been using a crappy $80 full spectrum led light off Amazon. Did a lot of research, the phlizon seemed fair for the price as a starter light that won’t break your bank.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I will have to look into that. I will not likely be buying anything off Amazon. I dont know, I just feel like everything off Amazon is of shit quality. I know this isnt the case, I just have had bad experiences with lots of crappy Amazon products.

250$ for a "2000 watt" LED light is a crazy cheap price.... I paid that for my 315W CMH light.... honestly, I am pretty happy with this LUXX 315W CMH light... Depending on opinions and feedback here, I could see myself getting 3-5 more of these and having a total of 4-6x 315W CMH lights... But I am very interested in potentially making the swap to LED... if people feel the Technology and Price finally make sense for Home Growers...

I do plan on investing a nice penny in this next Grow Setup. I want Quality products at every level of my setup. For reliability and longevity and performance.

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

I will have to look into that. I will not likely be buying anything off Amazon. I dont know, I just feel like everything off Amazon is of shit quality. I know this isnt the case, I just have had bad experiences with lots of crappy Amazon products.

250$ for a "2000 watt" LED light is a crazy cheap price.... I paid that for my 315W CMH light.... honestly, I am pretty happy with this LUXX 315W CMH light... Depending on opinions and feedback here, I could see myself getting 3-5 more of these and having a total of 4-6x 315W CMH lights... But I am very interested in potentially making the swap to LED... if people feel the Technology and Price finally make sense for Home Growers...
Yeah I’m frustrated with what I’ve bought. And to top it off, the light I bought off Amazon that is “Philzon” I can’t even find it listed on Philzons website

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

I do plan on investing a nice penny in this next Grow Setup. I want Quality products at every level of my setup. For reliability and longevity and performance.

XxHammer

XxHammer

So... I guess the next question becomes.. What is the best light for a grow from start to finish.. 1 light... I do not want to get into changing lights or bulbs....

LED vs. HID ? ... I will be doing a whole room so temperature control will be easier than in a Tent.

Anthem

Anthem

So... I guess the next question becomes.. What is the best light for a grow from start to finish.. 1 light... I do not want to get into changing lights or bulbs....

LED vs. HID ? ... I will be doing a whole room so temperature control will be easier than in a Tent.
HLG diablo will get it done right and is a great product. No where near 2000 watts, there is no way possible to get a light with Samsun 301 chips and pulling 2000 watts for $ 250.00. Diablo is the best bang for the buck IMO.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im with @Anthem but I'm bias as I own the Scorpion diablo but that is a very good light. I paid much less by buying refurbished.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

HLG diablo will get it done right and is a great product. No where near 2000 watts, there is no way possible to get a light with Samsun 301 chips and pulling 2000 watts for $ 250.00. Diablo is the best bang for the buck IMO.

Get 2 600 r specs or the new Diablo shaped r spec for $200 more. $699 or $899.

Or look at the kit page for more savings.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Get 2 600 r specs or the new Diablo shaped r spec for $200 more. $699 or $899.

Or look at the kit page for more savings.
Yeah also really good options I would prefer either of the scorpions as their hanging height is 12-18" the regular Rspecs are 30". But that's just because of my low ceiling height.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah also really good options I would prefer either of the scorpions as their hanging height is 12-18" the regular Rspecs are 30". But that's just because of my low ceiling height.

yeah they would be good for my room too.

Anthem

Anthem

1400$ for the HLG Diablo is out of my budget. Not by much, but out of my budget. I would need at least 2 of them and 2800$ on 2 lights just isnt quite in the cards.

Someone have an alternative to the 1400$ HLG Diablo?
What are you looking to do with your grow? It is for you or do you plan to grow an sell some of it?

growsince79

growsince79

Alright, so, Question and Opinions....

My next place is going to have 2 rooms dedicated to Growing. My question is, do you guys think it would be better to have just 2 independent Grow Rooms, just running from start to finish... or would you/I be better served by having 1 room for Veg and 1 room for Flowering?

*I have not yet sat down and figure out the exact sq ft needed for each room to comfortably grow 8-12 plants.

Please discuss and explain.
10-12 weeks of veg makes trees. Depends what you want. What is the goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom