2 Grow Rooms or 1 Veg and 1 Flower?

• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

Landlords dont say no growing. This is something Athem just randomly made up.

Ive been in this industry for 4-5 years and have never once had a landlord or lease that prohibited cannabis cultivation.

And again, unless you had a specific clause that prohibited growing than your tennent could tell you to kick rocks
Dickhead get your facts straight I never said that. I said then can.

XxHammer

XxHammer

look closely. Most leases have a paragraph that says tenant must follow all state and federal law. If it doesn’t say federal than you have some rights. My last lease only mentioned state of Michigan law so with my med card I had right to grow. But if it said federal my med card meant squat.

Correct. Fortunately all the leases I have encountered are the same and apply only to State of Arizona Statutes

XxHammer

XxHammer

Dickhead get your facts straight I never said that. I said then can.

Of course they CAN. They CAN do anything. Anything they can get you to sign and agree to.

You were making it seem like it was impossible or even hard to grow in a rental apartment ... Which is not the case. It is actually very very easy UNLESS it it specifically stated otherwise.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Correct. Fortunately all the leases I have encountered are the same and apply only to State of Arizona Statutes
If you are finding people housing as a social service worker I assume this is some sort of subsidized housing? That would make sense to me why all the leases appear the same.

I can assure you here in VA, leases can be much different based upon who is managing the property.

XxHammer

XxHammer

If you are finding people housing as a social service worker I assume this is some sort of subsidized housing? That would make sense to me why all the leases appear the same.

I can assure you here in VA, leases can be much different based upon who is managing the property.

Correct. I deal 95% with major apartment complexes. No individual landlords who only have 1 or 2 properties. So yes. Most of my leases are very similar. But ive also seen and been engaged in other leases with private landlords myself.. And sometimes they do the same; just copy and paste some template

Its all variable. Lesson is. Read a document before you sign it.

Anthem

Anthem

Had to check with the Mrs on this one to confirm. She is a executive underwriter for lets just call an insurance company. So enjoy it while you can because it will be short lived. Apartment landlords tend to get sued a lot and they carry liability insurance. So with the pandemic there was some policy changes that did not get fully implemented with her firm and as she confirmed with numerous other. But she did confirm that will not happen when said policies are up for renewal. Meaning that the insurance companies providing insurance to the landlords will specifically place exclusions from growing on rental properties. It was just a matter of time until AZ caught up with other states that have already went legal. If an insurance company can find a way out of a claim they will.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Mmm...I understand both sides of this issue as I am also a home owner and I would have my own concerns if renting my property to someone who wanted to set up a grow inside my property. The first issue I would be concerned with, regardless of owner or renter , but mostly as an owner, I would be concerned with how much he was trying to draw off of the available electrical circuits that were available in that space that they were interested in growing. What kind of system are they looking at? Even a small portable 1200 BTU portable dual port AC, for a closed grow set up, draws a current of 1200-1300 watts max on a 15 amp breaker of what is usually allowed in a normal bedroom at about a maximum of 1800 watts available on a regular basis. Then add 1000 watts, or the actual number of watts that your lights require, and then what you need for fans and any other accessories like humidifiers, dehumidifiers, blah, blah, blah, and as a homeowner , realizing that a single room is usually used to grow, then it doesn't take long to be concerned as to how a tenant may be trying to over grow on what is actually available in electrical supply, and I for one do not want to burn my house down trying to over draw on what is available on 1 circuit, which is usually how a room or zone is determined in construction. In determining my own needs as a home owner, I had to add extra electrical power by adding breakers to my electrical panel and extra outlets in my grow room to accommodate my dedicated electrical needs at an acceptable level (not including costs for extra electrical from month to month on your electrical bill) to make sure my electrical layout was able to accommodate my needs safely, not often revealed by any tenant trying to stay incognito. So yes, there are concerns as a homeowner, especially concerning electrical power available for what is required and how much is actually available and what a tenant might want to do...and then there is insurance...😒...and that is the ultimate concern to protecting what you own, so conditions would apply....sorry 🙄...unless you rented my space🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom