2 parter (flush in flower ph issue) (also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower)

• Thread starter Newbie84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie84

Newbie84

Good evening everyone my plants are 52 days since popping out of soil and been in flower for 20 or so days. They have been growing at rates I had not anticipated lol but this is my first grow. They are blue dream autos from ILGM.
I had an issue with low soil PH and added dolomite lime. It isn't going to work fast enough so now I am debating flushing my girls to reset and continue feeding ( using Jacks 321). My question is, will this potentially hurt them ( more than my nutrient issue due to low PH).
Second part and I know it's a guess but based off these what would you say I have left? I didn't expect these to be here at 52 days old and just curious if I have a month or 6 weeks left. Figuring out if I'm going to have to support these buds because if I have a month or two left they are going to be ridiculous.
Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
2 parter flush in flower ph issue also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower
2 parter flush in flower ph issue also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower 2
2 parter flush in flower ph issue also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower 3
2 parter flush in flower ph issue also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower 4
2 parter flush in flower ph issue also how long would you guess my autos have left in flower 5

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Flushing will not "reset" the pH in soil, so if you were hoping it would, sorry. Changing soil pH with a live plant in the soil is difficult. Flushing, itself, is a questionable remedy for anything in soil. In my experience, it adds overwatering symptoms to whatever nutrient deficiency symptoms you already had. What is your soil pH, BTW?

To raise it in any kind of timeframe useful to a plant of this age, you have to have finely ground limestone or dolomite, make a thin slurry and pour it on. but doing this repeatedly give you… overwatering symptoms!

Wait until the plant needs to be watered before adding more dolomite.

I've never grown an auto, but if that were a photo, I'd say it needs at least 3 weeks, maybe 4.

Newbie84

Newbie84

Flushing will not "reset" the pH in soil, so if you were hoping it would, sorry. Changing soil pH with a live plant in the soil is difficult. Flushing, itself, is a questionable remedy for anything in soil. In my experience, it adds overwatering symptoms to whatever nutrient deficiency symptoms you already had. What is your soil pH, BTW?

To raise it in any kind of timeframe useful to a plant of this age, you have to have finely ground limestone or dolomite, make a thin slurry and pour it on. but doing this repeatedly give you… overwatering symptoms!

Wait until the plant needs to be watered before adding more dolomite.

I've never grown an auto, but if that were a photo, I'd say it needs at least 3 weeks, maybe 4.
Thanks and it is fox farms ocean forest, apparently they have had a lot of issues with PH buffering aspect of it lately. My PH has been down in low 5s and I did pour some dolomite lime in like you said but also top dressed and watered it in. It's slowly bringing it up I was just told by a few people to flush 3x the water my pot holds and more or less reset everything. I watered and fed today and checked and it was at 5.9 which is up about .4 from a few days ago. They are in 3 gallon pots and get watered every other day 1 gallon.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They are in 3 gallon pots and get watered every other day 1 gallon.
It sounds like you're watering way too much. Only water when the soil is almost dried out. Then water until it's completely soaked, then leave it alone until it dries out.

Top Bottom