2 plants same strain. One is light stressed?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Title says it all guys I have 2 OG kush under the mars hydro fc-e3000 at 80%. One appears to be praying a little too much and has some yellowing. I thought you wouldn’t run into this issue running the same genetics together. We are about to head into week 3 flower.

Is she light stressed or is there a deficiency setting in?

Temps between 82-85F
RH at 55%
Purple cow organic living soil and roots organics dry amendments along with some kelp, recharge, fish shit, EWC and distilled water as my water source. Any input would be welcome and the video below I explain a little more
Plant is on the left
2 plants same strain one is light stressed
2 plants same strain one is light stressed 2

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

You have 2 plants - same genetics.
Both are being cultivated under the same conditions.

Why do you think its a light issue?
LED or HPS ?

Do the "yellow" leaves have strength or do they fall off?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How long does it take them to get thirsty? And are they transpiring at the same rate?
They both drink a gallon every couple days. They seem to drink the same too so idk.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You have 2 plants - same genetics.
Both are being cultivated under the same conditions.

Why do you think its a light issue?
LED or HPS ?

Do the "yellow" leaves have strength or do they fall off?
No they seem strong but are praying extra today. I’m running a Mars hydro FC-E3000 300 watt led at 80%. They have been pretty stable together until recent

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Every couple days is super thirsty and hungry. And needs food. Or is too frequent. Tight balance. I'd make sure my soil was drying consistently. Just in case they're dry on top and wet down low.
I’ve also been lifting the pots to get to this point but I like the fan idea. I need an oscillating fan and now that I think of it now the one fan is blowing more on the one plant from down below. I’m gonna point it at that plant and see if the other one suddenly gets heat/light stressed. Thanx for mentioning that bc that may be it. Insufficient air movement around the one may be causing this.

Ponky

Ponky

I’ve also been lifting the pots to get to this point but I like the fan idea. I need an oscillating fan and now that I think of it now the one fan is blowing more on the one plant from down below. I’m gonna point it at that plant and see if the other one suddenly gets heat/light stressed. Thanx for mentioning that bc that may be it. Insufficient air movement around the one may be causing this.
Yeah those Honeywell fans are cheap. Maybe just have on blowing on each pot. Keep that air moving. Cheap insurance.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yeah those Honeywell fans are cheap. Maybe just have on blowing on each pot. Keep that air moving. Cheap insurance.
Ya I’m gonna do that at lights on tomorrow thanx fam 🙌. Any suggestions on good small fans? Probably metal ones over the plastic I would think right?

growsince79

growsince79

Around 45,000
That lots of light for organics to keep up with- at the fastest part of the grow too. I think some of the lux recommendations of 60 -80k lux are insane. It must be meant for hydro plants grown under hps. 60k lux hps is like 50k lux led. I don't go over that in mid flower using bottled nutes.
Of course my meter could just be wrong idk.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

do yourself a favor.
froms the picsAND video, they had a great veg but once in flower, things went south.
imma tell you what went south because...because i am detroit joe :)

the environment was perfect for vegging.
Then they out grew their environment going to flower.

Next, WIND
that fan is blasting the hell out of them non stop and in the same pattern; drying them out way too fast.
Both are not breathing correctly, nor eating correctly.
They both are stressing for more light to feed and breathe.
They are both horny and trying to devote their strength to produce resin so they can catch pollen but instead they are trying to deal with all the other issues.
She needs a different shock to reset her systems. otherwise, they both will finish out yellow as a bananna with buds looking like crap with no resin.

All those mature bottom fan leaves, trim off. You dont want to trim, then spread her apart to get more light and air in.
I would trim off alot of those side fan leaves also.
Come up with a better air flow. bounce the fan off the wall so its indirect .
Straight water for at least one dry cycle make sure you see the run off. and water next when container is light
feed them a decent brand flowering nute mix.

You have another month left to pull but really you have a week to correct,

i can go on forever but basically they outgrew their environment

growsince79

growsince79

Title says it all guys I have 2 OG kush under the mars hydro fc-e3000 at 80%. One appears to be praying a little too much and has some yellowing. I thought you wouldn’t run into this issue running the same genetics together. We are about to head into week 3 flower.

Is she light stressed or is there a deficiency setting in?

Temps between 82-85F
RH at 55%
Purple cow organic living soil and roots organics dry amendments along with some kelp, recharge, fish shit, EWC and distilled water as my water source. Any input would be welcome and the video below I explain a little more
Plant is on the leftView attachment 1167229View attachment 1167230View attachment 1167231
Almost no stretch after 2 weeks. Is that normal for this strain? I have one about the same stage that's doing the same. I think the light was a bit too close but idk for sure.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Almost no stretch after 2 weeks. Is that normal for this strain? I have one about the same stage that's doing the same. I think the light was a bit too close but idk for sure.
I don’t have enough experience to know honestly… nothing seemed abnormal about its growth but I don’t think I’ve had a crazy stretcher yet.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
do yourself a favor.
froms the picsAND video, they had a great veg but once in flower, things went south.
imma tell you what went south because...because i am detroit joe :)

the environment was perfect for vegging.
Then they out grew their environment going to flower.

Next, WIND
that fan is blasting the hell out of them non stop and in the same pattern; drying them out way too fast.
Both are not breathing correctly, nor eating correctly.
They both are stressing for more light to feed and breathe.
They are both horny and trying to devote their strength to produce resin so they can catch pollen but instead they are trying to deal with all the other issues.
She needs a different shock to reset her systems. otherwise, they both will finish out yellow as a bananna with buds looking like crap with no resin.

All those mature bottom fan leaves, trim off. You dont want to trim, then spread her apart to get more light and air in.
I would trim off alot of those side fan leaves also.
Come up with a better air flow. bounce the fan off the wall so its indirect .
Straight water for at least one dry cycle make sure you see the run off. and water next when container is light
feed them a decent brand flowering nute mix.

You have another month left to pull but really you have a week to correct,

i can go on forever but basically they outgrew their environment
Appreciate the input man I’m gonna switch things up tomorrow and add another fan the other side tomorrow and I’ll direct the airflow in a circular fashion pointing towards the walls and I’ll see how that goes. Also not liking how my tent sucks in bc of my ac infinity and the they are pretty nice sized plants. They did releaf so quick it seems and they need some more pruning I can’t wait till day 21. Really appreciate the insight man foreal I’ve learned so much from the ppl here and had hell of a first run. Time to make it happen for these 2 plants as well I’ll have these ladies back in shape soon.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Did a heavy defoliation so they can breath a lot better. I also added a second fan down below and I’m gonna angle them towards the walls. Week 3 flower starts Monday. Thanx for the support guys ✌️
339D85BE A716 4469 A082 DEFC932B584E
E4FD798C 76B0 4F33 9222 0932A9FC4051

Top Bottom