2 Pounds In 2 4x4's?

• Thread starter All4thebuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

All4thebuds

Is this feasible? I'm trying to plan my next grow already. And I'm going to be running two 3x3x6 tents side by side with 4 plants in each tent. Using 5 gallon pots under 4 auto-cob 55's. That's 1 autocob per plant. And I've been seeing people pulling 4+ ounces per plant using 1 autocob for each plant. So the goal doesn't seem to far out. If I just get 4 ounces per plant then I will reach my 2 pound every harvest goal running 8 total plants in 2 tents.

I'm going to start a 5 gallon dwc next week to run along side my current soil grow, just to test it. I'm really considering using dwc instead of soil for my next grow.

DGP

DGP

If you do go with DWC do you have a way to keep your water under 70F? One of the most important considerations are water temp control in DWC. The tent sellers don't tell you this they just advertise their wares as a "hydro setup" cause they know if they gave you full disclosure you wouldn't buy the tent cause a chiller costs over $250. Hydro is great and it can be fantastic for yields and quite easy if you are disciplined about your grow practices but it isn't low cost to set up. Tents are very affordable right now but to really do hydro in a tent you need good lighting and a chiller. If you run the tent at a decent air temperature for optimum growth the water will get too warm and bacteria will destroy the root system. Some people use beneficial bacteria to fight this effect but it is often a losing battle to grow with water over 70F. If you use a chiller with DWC then it pretty much requires a recirculating deep water system which also costs more unless you are into DIY.

I have a thread for a low cost RDWC undercurrent system but it requires a fair amount of labor and a chiller. Overall the best way to convert to DWC is study like crazy, create a plan, budget out the cost and then execute the build. If you don't do all that you'll get frustrated with underestimating the real cost and trouble.

I ran DWC single bucket systems for a year or so without a chiller and I had to run the piss out of my air conditioner to keep the room around 72F so the water wouldn't exceed 70F and then the growth of the plants is slowed and they never produce what they could at a higher air temp.

200 watts of LED is pretty low for a 3X3 at 22 watts to the square foot. 40-45 watts to the square is more appropriate.

Dee

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Is this feasible? I'm trying to plan my next grow already. And I'm going to be running two 3x3x6 tents side by side with 4 plants in each tent. Using 5 gallon pots under 4 auto-cob 55's. That's 1 autocob per plant. And I've been seeing people pulling 4+ ounces per plant using 1 autocob for each plant. So the goal doesn't seem to far out. If I just get 4 ounces per plant then I will reach my 2 pound every harvest goal running 8 total plants in 2 tents.

I'm going to start a 5 gallon dwc next week to run along side my current soil grow, just to test it. I'm really considering using dwc instead of soil for my next grow.
Youre gonna need more light...but you can do 2p in 1 tent

IMG 20180610 062059 810
A

All4thebuds

Thanks for the reply. I'd invest in a chiller for sure. And if not frozen bottles of water. But more than likely I would.

A

All4thebuds

You think pulling 2 pounds in 1 4x4 is possible?
I'm simply not able to run an HPS. I dont want my landlord questioning me about the usage.
Maybe 5 autocobs in 1 4x4 tent

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm simply not able to run an HPS. I dont want my landlord questioning me about the usage.
Oh sure its possible...not with those lights though.

Lets do do some quick mafs.. 2 pounds about 900 grams. 4x 55whatevers about 220watts
900Ă·220=no way... If god himself came down with the plant straight from the loins of mother mary herself..and you put it in the latest bubbleaerosupercommercialextrapower system..youre not pulling 4gpw.

A

All4thebuds

So you're saying the only chance is with HPS? I've read many people pulling 4 ounces per plant using 1 autocob55 per plant though

G gnome

G gnome

Whos getting the bill? You or ur landlord?
If the bill is in ur name then hes not gonna have a clue about ur electric consumption

A

All4thebuds

I pay a flat fee per month rent + utilities included. So if it goes up 60-100$ it will look suspicious

A

All4thebuds

My mom? Lol no guy.
Me and my buddy each rent a room in this 2 bedroom house. We both pay a flat rate that includes our utilities. Landlord doesnt live here but clearly pays roughly the same amount each month. And has been for years. So if it goes up anything over 50$ I'm sure she will notice

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
My mom? Lol no guy.
Me and my buddy each rent a room in this 2 bedroom house. We both pay a flat rate that includes our utilities. Landlord doesnt live here but clearly pays roughly the same amount each month. And has been for years. So if it goes up anything over 50$ I'm sure she will notice
Tell them you took up baking... Or welding

A

All4thebuds

Wait till you get your own electric bill, the landlord will notice and extra $10/month, let alone $60-$100.
I can wiggle with 10-20 extra a month. That's within the window of normalcy. Any more than that is likely to be noticed. Which is why I'm set on using the auto cobs. Very very efficient and produce low heat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom