2 questions regarding ppm and calmag

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Sprouted feb 6th, auto white widow, dwc first grow.

I am just starting to flower. I have had severe nutrient deffeciency and burns. Im leveling out my ppms at 450 right now on flora transition blend. Ph will now be stable between 5.6 and 5.8. Too much hydro guard caused it to drop below 5.5 for a few days last week. I am sure i have all issues fixed now. Yet from reading on here im curious as to how my plant should respond given all the issues ive had. I have yet to grow a leaf bigger than my hand, that do next have something wrong with it.

Im planting my 2 photos in the rwc system in the same 2x4 tent tomorrow. Ive started them at 200 presoaked ppm rockwool, sprouted up about 5 days ago, taproots showing below rockwool now. This was the same time I potted my auto, yet i blasted it with like 600ppm and 1300ppm for the first 2 or 3 weeks lol. . this auto has been through hell. . . not to mention my ridiculous obsession with cutting inner facing leafs off, and all the bad large leafs.

At one point my roots were a dark red tent from my 1300ppm water, and hard and brittle. Roots seem fine now after some gentle massaging and that hydroguard boost I gave it for no reason.

Ill upload photos of my progress, and then a video of its current status in the next hour. Please wait to comment until that video is posted.

Questions:

(Pertaining to my new rwc sprouts)
Ive never made 25 gallon of nutrients up, should I keep them at 200ppm? If so. . for how long? Im assuming i should just monitor the ppm uptake of the plant and adjust accordingly. Please confirm or deny.

Calmag. I start at 5ppm, I get the 25 gallon to 100ppm with calmag. Then add nutrients and hopefully get 200ppm, if i get 300ppm and have to dilute, do i dilute with 100ppm calmag water? I just know if i dilute with ro im decreasing my starting calmag. I think i can add nutrients to an exact ppm without diluting. If i can, what ppm calmag would I need? Imma go study that calmag thread of aquas.

2 questions regarding ppm and calmag
2 questions regarding ppm and calmag 2
2 questions regarding ppm and calmag 3
2 questions regarding ppm and calmag 4
2 questions regarding ppm and calmag 5
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

100-200ppm of nutes should be fine for that size.
I mentioned alot, your referring to my new sprouts and not the week 6 auto. . .so start at 200. . and watch the uptake I assume. . raise according to uptake instead of some chart lol. .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

600ppm should be plenty for the auto... 500-600 I'd say is a good place to start and see

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

600ppm should be plenty for the auto... 500-600 I'd say is a good place to start and see
Ok I had it at 450 24hrs ago. It is now 440. Ill dump 2 liters and add 2 liters of 600ppm. That should get it up close to 500.

Thanks for all your help. Btw do you think if this was a soil grow I would have killed it given all these issues? It just seems to bounce back soo fast. I feel like the response time for everything is so fast. Im an impatient individual and at this point, couldnt imagine amending soil lol. . .ew. . dirty. I got soil buddies who cant wait for me to fail. I see myself 10 years from now saying "and ive never even used soils."

My farmer friend legit told me its stupid. . that plants belong in the dirt lol. . all he did was dog it. . then an hour later. . hes like well I guess you can grow in the winter when we cant. . . . lol. . haters everywhere.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I had it at 450 24hrs ago. It is now 440. Ill dump 2 liters and add 2 liters of 600ppm. That should get it up close to 500.

Thanks for all your help. Btw do you think if this was a soil grow I would have killed it given all these issues? It just seems to bounce back soo fast. I feel like the response time for everything is so fast. Im an impatient individual and at this point, couldnt imagine amending soil lol. . .ew. . dirty. I got soil buddies who cant wait for me to fail. I see myself 10 years from now saying "and ive never even used soils."

My farmer friend legit told me its stupid. . that plants belong in the dirt lol. . all he did was dog it. . then an hour later. . hes like well I guess you can grow in the winter when we cant. . . . lol. . haters everywhere.
Lol... yeah I fond hydro way easier and they respond so much faster... plus if ya have issues with the media (water) ya just change it.... wanna see that done in dirt lol. Shit goes wrong faster but also goes right faster.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Lol... yeah I fond hydro way easier and they respond so much faster... plus if ya have issues with the media (water) ya just change it.... wanna see that done in dirt lol. Shit goes wrong faster but also goes right faster.

Just change it he says. I imagine its a whole nother level on my rwc system vs my dwc. Lets just say im using multiple totes at this point for water, and i have no drain in that room . . yet :\

Heres my ro, ordered the wrong kind of float. . need a dual valve so im not constantly running water down my drain. Not really on my radar atm though, i got my water. That filter was under 60 bucks and its labled as 100gpd, yet sticker on filter says 75gpd.

20210318 205344
20210318 205400
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just change it he says. I imagine its a whole nother level on my rwc system vs my dwc. Lets just say im using multiple totes at this point for water, and i have no drain in that room . . yet :\

Heres my ro, ordered the wrong kind of float. . need a dual valve so im not constantly running water down my drain. Not really on my radar atm though, i got my water. That filter was under 60 bucks and its labled as 100gpd, yet sticker on filter says 75gpd.
Run the float solenoid after the intake filters (carbon and sediment) then the solenoid then the ro/di. That way it protects the solenoid from contamination that may damage it and still cuts the flow before the waste water so it doesn't keep running

Latest posts

Top Bottom