2-shelf Rack Pros And Cons?

• Thread starter Skipper23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skipper23

Skipper23

I'm designing a grow and want to utilize the ceiling height which starts to incline at 13'. So I'm thinking 4x4x10 foot high 2-shelf rack using a spydrx plus on each shelf.

Any pros and cons?

I'm familiar with 4'x8' trays on wooden tables with casters under 2 1000w hps using rockwool and drip irrigation.

Also, since there isn't a floor drain the fire prevention bureau might require hand-watering only. Rockwool will not work with that.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm designing a grow and want to utilize the ceiling height which starts to incline at 13'. So I'm thinking 4x4x10 foot high 2-shelf rack using a spydrx plus on each shelf.

Any pros and cons?

I'm familiar with 4'x8' trays on wooden tables with casters under 2 1000w hps using rockwool and drip irrigation.

Also, since there isn't a floor drain the fire prevention bureau might require hand-watering only. Rockwool will not work with that.

When you stack lights realize the light on bottom will effect the temp of the top grow space. And thats pretty much all you have to worry about.

IMG 20180604 045921 779
Skipper23

Skipper23

Yea, I'm imagining leaving 6" or so between the bottom light and 2nd shelf with a fan blowing the gap. I'm hoping that 4' total will be fine for each shelf, 1' each for media zone, stalk zone, canopy, and light zone. This is all for flowering plants.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yea, I'm imagining leaving 6" or so between the bottom light and 2nd shelf with a fan blowing the gap. I'm hoping that 4' total will be fine for each shelf, 1' each for media zone, stalk zone, canopy, and light zone. This is all for flowering plants.
Sounds like a good plan..
I try for 3' sogs ...measured from floor not dirt

Latest posts

Top Bottom