2 weeks before harvest, is this correct?

• Thread starter RichmondReap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RichmondReap

RichmondReap

Week 7 of Flowering Nutrients
- No Nutes
- Lower Light Hours Gradually starting this week?? 14/10

Week 8 of Flowering Nutrients
- No Nutes Lower Light Hours?? 16/8
- 2 days of darkness before final harvest??

Week 9 Projected Harvest

Is this information still true or do I have outdated info..??
Hydro ebb n' flo set up in 6.5'x6.5' tent.

Thank!
Richmond Reaper

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hi Richmond,

Most growers here will tell you the number of weeks is just a guideline. You really want to look at those trichomes under magnification to see when they are ready.

RichmondReap

RichmondReap

Hi Richmond,

Most growers here will tell you the number of weeks is just a guideline. You really want to look at those trichomes under magnification to see when they are ready.
Yes, that I know, I will monitor the tricohomes, however... in general do the above items make sense if this was the exact schedule.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thats not how I do it, but you know about opinions and assholes...

What you are attempting to accomplish has an impact on what you do. If you are in a hurry to smoke this harvest, I would personally just harvest a few buds here and there and keep going with the grow. Harvest a few more every week or so. Then do a blind test with your different timing buds and see which gives you the best whatever you are going for. That will tell you when you SHOULD have harvested which you can clock away in the memory banks for the next grow 😉

I personally don't mess with the lighting times like you describe. But if possible harvest in the morning. Theoretically the plant gives off terps all day for pests, communication etc so the highest terpene count should be in the morning. I've never seen any testing bear this out, but I do tend to agree with it.

If you are going to stretch it out (potential for a much more complex plant the longer you let it ripen) you might want to give it some N and stay away from the PK. This will keep the plant alive and green and converting light into all those good things you are going for. Since you are hydro, you can easily flush again at any time. Make sure your root health is 5x5 too, this is when you run the risk of die off or root problems the most. Plenty of O2, frequent water changes, watch for smells and colors.

No hard and fast rules here. I know this is hard, but you need to listen to the plants and forget about schedules and stuff if you want the best possible outcome. The 8-9 weeks quoted on most seeds are there to help the economic feasibility of a large grow (the more you flip the more you make) not necessarily the best time to harvest from a cannabinoid perspective. You could easily push to 12 weeks or more for most commercial hybrids and get a better product, just less of it on a yearly basis. Really up to what you are trying to do.

Also, are all the plants the same? If not, hard to set a tent wide rule on what to do.

RichmondReap

RichmondReap

Well plant 1 (Strawnana) was harvested and ended up having about 2oz trimmed. I did not give it 48 hours of dark due to I had two more strains. 1 week later I harvested the Slurricane & Kush Mints plant(s) (1 each). till waiting 5 more days before I trim the buds off stalk segments.

I do have a question regarding the roots, if I don't get any answers here, I'll start a new thread, but here's an image of the roots from 2 of the three plants.
Strawnana and Slurricane both had no long root mass, while the Kush Mints did have some root mass.
Roots kush mints

Kush Mints Roots

Bottom no roots

Strawnana Roots

What can I do on my next grow to promote healthier roots?

From this grow I plugged a 2x2 clone of rockwool into a 4x4 block of rockwool. (Same for all three plants. Only difference I can think of was their position in the flood tray in relation to the incoming water (the good root mass) and the outgoing water both no root mass plants.

Blocks are covered by black light absorbing plexi arcryillic sheet with 2x2 holes (covered when not in use.
20201210 193450

Strawnana (Left), Slurricane (Middle) & Kush Mints (Right)

The 4x4 block sits at the bottom of the flood tray.
Top block eol

Top of finished 4x4 rockwool block

Should I have peeled off that plastic coating around the 4x4 block?
Side 4x4 block

Side view of of finished 4x4 RW block

Should I have propped them up with something (also making me flood the tray at higher level)?

Thanks!
-RR

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Not 100% sure as im not that experienced but I think that black cover isnt allowing things to breathe correctly like a bed of hydroton would do. Again im just guessing here.

Another thing look up southern AG fungicide. 1ml per 20 gals. Works amazing

Top Bottom