2 weeks into curing in jars

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Finally able to really see, smell and taste the difference. I just got done with my second grow and am able to do a nice side by side comparison. Granted it's only been 2 weeks since they have been in jars, it's nice to see a physical differences. The Gelato has so many more orange hairs. Bruce Banner ended up with purple leaves at the end of the grow. You can definetly see the purples in the Bruce Banner.
In terms of taste, Gelato is absolutely delicious. Orange, creamy, sherbert all day long. The Bruce banner has some hints of fruit but i can personally taste alot of pine and diesel on the exhale.
In terms of effects, Bruce Banner takes the win for sativa thus far in my few grows. I haven't had such nice wake and bake sessions since atleast 20 years ago. It's my cup of coffee for sure. Gelato is my evening smoke and for me personally, it helps calm my racing thoughts. I wouldn't say it's a couch locker by any means for me. It calms my mind but yet u find myself with a big joint and playing reggae on my keyboards for hours at night.
Considering I had some growing pains in the beggining, I'll take tgis end result. I'll attach some pics of some of my buds currently after 2 weeks in jars.
20220218 214345
20220218 212722

sambapati

sambapati

Finally able to really see, smell and taste the difference. I just got done with my second grow and am able to do a nice side by side comparison. Granted it's only been 2 weeks since they have been in jars, it's nice to see a physical differences. The Gelato has so many more orange hairs. Bruce Banner ended up with purple leaves at the end of the grow. You can definetly see the purples in the Bruce Banner.
In terms of taste, Gelato is absolutely delicious. Orange, creamy, sherbert all day long. The Bruce banner has some hints of fruit but i can personally taste alot of pine and diesel on the exhale.
In terms of effects, Bruce Banner takes the win for sativa thus far in my few grows. I haven't had such nice wake and bake sessions since atleast 20 years ago. It's my cup of coffee for sure. Gelato is my evening smoke and for me personally, it helps calm my racing thoughts. I wouldn't say it's a couch locker by any means for me. It calms my mind but yet u find myself with a big joint and playing reggae on my keyboards for hours at night.
Considering I had some growing pains in the beggining, I'll take tgis end result. I'll attach some pics of some of my buds currently after 2 weeks in jars.
View attachment 1218662View attachment 1218663
You did great with those ladies, thanks for sharing. Looks like you're an Omega wearer -- stylish too.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Lol. Submariner. ONLY reason I have one is because my father is a watchmaker and a role Tech. It was a graduation gift 25 years ago. I appreciate the kindness. Still new to the game of growing, but I think being a landscaper of 20 plus years helps a little. I am 13 days into Durban Poison Photos (I've only grown autos twice now). Looking forward to it

sambapati

sambapati

Lol. Submariner. ONLY reason I have one is because my father is a watchmaker and a role Tech. It was a graduation gift 25 years ago. I appreciate the kindness. Still new to the game of growing, but I think being a landscaper of 20 plus years helps a little. I am 13 days into Durban Poison Photos (I've only grown autos twice now). Looking forward to it
Your dad did you a good turn with that big O! Flower power...
20220214 174049

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

View attachment 1218662View attachment 1218663

GridArt 20220218 233559301
tobh

tobh

Supporter
not bad, though I'll say this. you want to break down those nugs when you're trimming for jarring to about equal size for everything in the jar. it ensures equal moisture levels throughout every sample of flower. it might just be me but i try to break buds down to individual flowers until the absolute peak if at all possible. most of the time you end up with joint sized buds which is great so you just grab a bud and it's the right size for the job.

respectable nonetheless. break em down a little bit going forward, even if it hurts a bit. you'll appreciate the cure more -- plus you can get more in a jar when you don't have baseball bats in there lol

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm glad you mentioned that. I have been curious about that. I don't care for how the outside feels to the touch. It feels super dry and I can't figure out why. So I figured it would help with a slower longer cure. Humidity started at around 70 percent when I jarred every thing. And now all of my jars are down to between 62 and 64 percent. So the percentage is good but tye outside feels really dry. I did 5 days in Darkness, 10 days chopped and hung at 64° and 60% humidity. But I guess I'm my own worst criticism. My friends and wife all love it and it gets me stined so it's a win win. Lol. But would like to know how to fix that for this next grow im on

sambapati

sambapati

I'm glad you mentioned that. I have been curious about that. I don't care for how the outside feels to the touch. It feels super dry and I can't figure out why. So I figured it would help with a slower longer cure. Humidity started at around 70 percent when I jarred every thing. And now all of my jars are down to between 62 and 64 percent. So the percentage is good but tye outside feels really dry. I did 5 days in Darkness, 10 days chopped and hung at 64° and 60% humidity. But I guess I'm my own worst criticism. My friends and wife all love it and it gets me stined so it's a win win. Lol. But would like to know how to fix that for this next grow im on
If you've not tried these for consistency and avoiding dry bud in jar-- not expensive....

20220219 150151
20220219 150149
tobh

tobh

Supporter
dry outside isn't a big deal. out of countless harvests over almost the past two decades i've just found while pulling out a big ol bud is satisfying in of itself, breaking em down at each internode until you run out of nodes without creating popcorn, the uniformity of dryness vs wetness levels out so much more. gimme a minute and i'll take a pic of a handful of buds from my latest harvest to show what i aim for.

i'm also opposed to boveda packs or any of those other "humidor" type things. gimmicks imo. once dried and properly cured, product should either be hermeticly sealed or frozen in gas purged vacuum packs.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
not the best separation of nugs, but this is out of the jar we're working on right now. you can see the average size i shoot for with the biggest being on my fingers which hit about my limit of knowing where identifiable nodes are that will still yield joint size buds. these are also about 2-3 week cure at this point. dunno. life moves quick.

PXL 20220219 084905618

sambapati

sambapati

not the best separation of nugs, but this is out of the jar we're working on right now. you can see the average size i shoot for with the biggest being on my fingers which hit about my limit of knowing where identifiable nodes are that will still yield joint size buds. these are also about 2-3 week cure at this point. dunno. life moves quick.

View attachment 1218743
This method makes a lot of sense where humidity in the pre-jar curing conditions (i.e. outside in the shed), easier for the plant to dry, less chance of mold or mould -- Winner....

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Have you noticed an improvement in the initial aroma (when u open the jar) from when they were first jarred?
The strong smell is what I love the most….and if it didn’t have it, I’d be bummed out. I can’t smoke nearly as much as I’d like so my tolerance is rookie level at best….I’ll give most of my harvest to friends. I want them to be slapped across the lips with the cat piss/skunk/diesel smell….with just enough sweetness to top it off.
Sounds like you’re doing it right. Good looking hooch for sure.

sambapati

sambapati

Have you noticed an improvement in the initial aroma (when u open the jar) from when they were first jarred?
The strong smell is what I love the most….and if it didn’t have it, I’d be bummed out. I can’t smoke nearly as much as I’d like so my tolerance is rookie level at best….I’ll give most of my harvest to friends. I want them to be slapped across the lips with the cat piss/skunk/diesel smell….with just enough sweetness to top it off.
Sounds like you’re doing it right. Good looking hooch for sure.
you are kind....and that reminds me of an old saying "A friend with weed is a friend indeed"

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Smell has most definitely gotten better. Gelato is a bouquet of citrus with vanilla notes or a very smooth smell if that makes sense. Bruce Banner definetly is straight cat piss and skunks. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom