20' DIY Shipping Container Grow Room

• Thread starter chrisnugent942
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chrisnugent942

chrisnugent942

My friend (who used to grow) wanted to grow weed and we were able to purchase a couple shipping used containers. All I do is smoke it but growing has always been intriguing for me. I don't have that much knowledge and all the info online can be overwhelming or misleading. SO I come to you guys for help. For the room we plan on keeping it small with 8 clones to start out with. So im aware of some of the basics like Fans, A/C, Humidifier, Dehumidifier, lights, soil, nutrients, im just curious of anything im missing and/or the best places to obtain information on everything I need to know for this build.

Im also having a little trouble figuring out ventilation for the room.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Welcome to the farm!

I suggest before you get any plants you have your set up ready, running, and dialed in.. to many new growers start with plants then try to build a room around them...not a good idea in my opinion.

What's your budget? How much are you trying to produce? Are you in a legal state or is stealth a priority? Have you thought about growing perpetually? In other words splitting the space in two and having a veg room and a separate flower room.

Ventilation is one big ole pain in the ass. I grow in Michigan in a basement so the environment is ever changing, Marijauna needs lots of fresh air if your not running CO2, so you will need intake vents and/or fans and extraction fans to replace the air regularly in the space. If you have to worry about smell you'll need a carbon filter on your extraction fan. I assume the shipping container has no holes so you will need fresh air vents at the bottom and the ability to extract the hot air out the top... If your like me and have an ever changing environment I suggest getting more fans than you need on controllers so they can be dialed up or down as needed.

So much to think about I know...But such an awesome and fulfilling hobby! You are in the right place for gaining info on cultivation. I'm sure others will chime in as well. In the meantime, I suggest you read, read, read...then read some more. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had around here, glad you reached out for some of it! Good luck with the grow. If you have questions...shoot.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My friend (who used to grow) wanted to grow weed and we were able to purchase a couple shipping used containers. All I do is smoke it but growing has always been intriguing for me. I don't have that much knowledge and all the info online can be overwhelming or misleading. SO I come to you guys for help. For the room we plan on keeping it small with 8 clones to start out with. So im aware of some of the basics like Fans, A/C, Humidifier, Dehumidifier, lights, soil, nutrients, im just curious of anything im missing and/or the best places to obtain information on everything I need to know for this build.

Im also having a little trouble figuring out ventilation for the room.
Do you have some pictures of these shipping containers? I'm assuming they are steel and you will need to move outside air in and want to exhaust it outside too. I can see a closed shipping container getting very hot in the summer sun so I understand where you're coming from on ventilation.

Top Bottom