200 Gallon Irrigation

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

hey all i have some 1/2 inch poly pipe and i wanted to cap one end and spiral it starting inside close to the plant and working outwards and drill bunch of holes so i could just pump water into pipe and water the hole bag.. i have seen people with them in pictures and i can for the life of me figure out how to get this pipe to spiral nicely and stay... been trying to bend it and heat it with a heat gun and that’s just stupid ... anyone made one like that befor and can give me some pointer i would be super happy and appreciate it a lot as i’ve been dicking with this for way to long

200 gallon irrigation
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Use a 1g milk jug or the like as a mold. Basically anything solid about the side your coil needs to be. Pre-drill all your holes. I'm guessing the heat gun should warm.up the tubing. Wrap quickly, then pour cold.water on it after happy. You may need to re-warm it up once more after your happy with the wrapping. Then do the cold water.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Use spikes to secure the tubing in place. Looks about 3/4 to 1" tubing.

Technogreen

Technogreen

I've done something like that. I just left the whole coil in a hot (black) car in the sun for a few hours. It made it super pliable, so I took it out, formed it, then sprayed it with the garden hose to freeze it in the shape you want it. Works pretty well and is cheap and easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom