2011 SoCal Spring Balcony Grow

• Thread starter balconyfun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

balconyfun

thanks for the kind words Mogrow.

I figured that I should try limiting the sunlight to 12 hours, so I bought another tarp that I was planning to cover the plants with, but unfortunately my wall won't let me drill into it. Plan B is currently underway.

Mogrow

Mogrow

damn balconey you freakin all dialed in. Plants look great, deep green, alot resin. Doesn't look like they're reveggin, you blocked some light from 'em??? Keep up the good work my man. i love LA.
peace mogrow

B

balconyfun

damn balconey you freakin all dialed in. Plants look great, deep green, alot resin. Doesn't look like they're reveggin, you blocked some light from 'em??? Keep up the good work my man. i love LA.
peace mogrow

thanks man, appreciate the kind words! here's hoping this 2nd go around finishes better than the first one last year!

i did buy a tarp to try and cover them, but it turned out to be more difficult than i thought. i bought these screw things to put in the wall, but i can't drill thru the super hard wall, whatever it is. i was going to jerry-rig some tall things and try to fasten it to that, but i've just been super lazy. so i think i'm goign to just let 'em go and hope for the best.

B

balconyfun

I was told the BH Bubba finishes in 7-8 weeks... in 3 days it will be 7 weeks. I plucked off a piece to check the trichs under a microscope, and wouldn't you know it, my microscope got lost since last year, crap. Anyway, here's some up close.. anyone wanna guess if it will actually be finished in 7-10 days? :)

BH1
BH2
BH3
Mogrow

Mogrow

looks like it could go longer than 10 days. don't pick the goods to early my man.
peace mogrowerrrrrrrrr

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Sucks ur scope broke. But I agree with grow sum mo, Maybe another 20 at the most. From my experience, when they say 8 weeks, make it 9. Looking awesome though balconyfun.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Balcony you look like you are doing great. You can absolutely get a nice harvest from an early summer harvest in SoCal. If put the plants out at the end of march I expect the to finish around June. This is what my experience has been in the past. It really looks like they are just starting to explode with growth. Don't cut your harvest and quality short based on numbers other people have told you based on their indoor grows. Outdoors things end up being a bit different; just trust your eyes, nose and instincts and harvest when all three tell you your buds are done.

B

balconyfun

thanks for all the advice guys... i think i'll watch it go! a few other ones are plumping up super nicely, so i guess the only tricky part is for me to figure out when to flush 'em. happy 420 y'allllll!!!!!!!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin good.. I'm doing the same thing I stuck my plants out on 3/3/11 & they r almost done now maybe 3 more weeks.. I cover mine with a big box & it's working out great.. I'm gunna have some small 1 foot plants 2 smoke in a couple weeks..

B

balconyfun

Well I flushed 2 out of the 6 last Monday, and the other 4 I'm giving a nice big flush today. I also bought some Clearex and ran about 3 - 4 gallons of water w/ that through each plant too. I read somewhere that it really brings out the purple in the GDP, so I thought I might as well try it.

Sorry for no pics, but I've been super busy w/ a new job. I'll definately snap some before the big chop chop, though. Hopefully next weekend the first ones will go!

B

balconyfun

Day 70 Larry OG... I'm taking this one down tomorrow! I actually found the microscope and checked her out... she's frosty as hell and about 50% amber, so choppy choppy!!! I also have a nice clone that I took off this one.

LarryOG01
LarryOG02
LarryOG03
B

balconyfun

Day 70 BHBubba... trichs cloudy, maybe 1/10 amber... there's a few, but they're spaced out. Probably next weekend she's going. I was thinking of doing her tomorrow as well, and I still may. Depends on how much the four big colas of the Larry OG take out of me.

BHBubba01
BHBubba02
B

balconyfun

Day 70 Madman OG... spotty buds, but they look nice. Didn't top this one for some reason.. will do that on pretty much everything from now on.

Madman01
Madman03
MadmanOG01
B

balconyfun

Day 70 Sour Kush... Looks great, trichs lookin cloudy but not much amber. Giving this at least another week. Tiny bit of PM that I've been spraying with green cure... has been there a few weeks and hasn't really spread, so yay. Last time a lot of my trimmings were trash because of pm and bugs, so i'm stoked i am only spotted with pm and there's not a bug in sight, knock on some fuckin wood!! Unfortunately none of my clones took... Sour Kush is looking great, that would have been nice!

SourKush01
SourKush02
SourKush03
B

balconyfun

Day 65 GDP. nice purpling on the edges, it's been kind of chilly at night here in SoCal lately so maybe that's helping. It's funny to see all the different reasons people have for getting this strain to turn purple.. there's so many common ones it's hard to know what's right. And I just have them outside, so I'm not messing with temps or CO2. Anyway, looking mostly cloudy, probably next weekend with the chop chop. I also have a healthy clone of this one.

GDP01
GDP02
GDP03
B

balconyfun

Day 65 LA Woman. Mostly cloudly with random ambers here and there. Buds not super plump, as said before, but still looks nice! I have a clone of this one.

LAWoman01
LAWoman02
RIPP

RIPP

There is nothing better than the free nuclear fusion energy :sun2:balconyfun.
Show us some close up if its possible. I'm not an expert but in my opinion canna produce much more resin under the sun.

Cheers

Mogrow

Mogrow

to the dankest balconey in socal/ enjoy your smoke.
peace mogrow

Top Bottom