2020 Holy Grail Kush, Bubblegum, Fire99, Grape MOB, Giant Skittlez, Godberry, Passionfruit Punch, S.A.D., Green Poision, Quick Dinamed CBD Outdoor

• Thread starter sibba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sibba

sibba

Hi I'm posting the start of a outdoor backyard grow I'll be doing this year in SW Ontario around 43 degrees North with the plan to put the plants out end of May. The seeds I'm growing are all female seeds, and I germinated the seeds yesterday using the paper towel method. They will be put into pro-mix bx once they germ and will be in a 4'x4' tent under led lights.

The strains I'm growing and the number of seeds I'm starting are:
Holy Grail Kush-DNA Genetics x3.
Bubblegum-Serious Seeds x2.
Fire99-Highrise Seeds x2.
Grape MOB-Highrise seeds x2.
Giant Skittlez-Megabuds seeds x1.
Passionfruit Punch-Humboldt seed organization x1.
Godberry- Freedom of Seeds x1.
Quick Dinamed CBD-DinaFem seeds x1.
Green Poison- Sweet seeds x1.
S.A.D.-Sweet seeds x1.

The Holy Grail Kush and Bubble gum were purchased from attitude and I received the Giant Skittlez, Passionfruit Punch, Godberry, Quick Dinamed CBD as freebies and liked the flowering times for outside so figured give them a shot. The Fire99 and Grape Mob are from Highrise and I always liked his gear but the are 6+ years old so we'll see if both sprout. The S.A.D. and Green Poison are from sweet seeds i received many years ago and figured they deserve a chance to grow and they both look like decent outdoor strains for my location.

Seeds all

Anthem

Anthem

Wow, I sure hope you have plenty of time to spend in the garden figuring out the food requirements of 10 different strains. Good Luck!!

sibba

sibba

Wow, I sure hope you have plenty of time to spend in the garden figuring out the food requirements of 10 different strains. Good Luck!!

These are going in a backyard grow so they will receive plenty of attention. I'm going to use Nutri-Plus Dagda slow release fertilizer and some compost teas in veg and some different bloom boosters in flowering. Probably gen hydro maxi series while they are growing inside. fertilizer doesn't have to be hard or have every product. I've learned over the years less is more when it comes to this plant.

Denzul

Denzul

best of luck. I'll be following along closely. Always jelouse of outdoor grows. Living vicariously through you for now. Enjoy my friend.

sibba

sibba

Here is an update on how the seeds are doing.

I used soil from my outside garden because of this whole quarantine going on and i didn't want to go out just for dirt. Well I think this caused some issues for the seeds because i had 3 that sprouted and were planted in the soil but seemed to just not grow. Some of the ones that are growing are going decent but a few are really lagging. The S.A.D. and Green Poison are the 2 that are lagging. They are also almost 10 years old so I'm thinking this could be a bit of it.

The seeds that germed but didn't make it are one Bubblegum, one Grape Mob and the Passion Fruit Punch. Also one of the Holy Grail failed to crack but it was a runt seed so they don't always germ. I started a Reserva Privada Purple Wreck and Deep Purple Kush from Provision seeds to fill in the few that didn't start. The Purple Wreck is already growing and one of the Deep Purple Kush is in pro-mix.

So I went and got some Pro-Mix BX and today I filled 2 gallon grow bags with a thin layer of Sunleaves Rocks (basically lava rocks for hydro) on the bottom then i mixed 9 parts Pro-Mix with 1 part earth worm castings and filled all the bags with that. I watered them with some ph'ed water with Superthrive. All the seedlings were transplanted into these so hopefully the new clean soil will fix the issues of the outside soil.

So whats in the picture is 2 Fire99, 2 Holy Grail Kush, 1 Bubblegum, 1 Grape MOB, 1 Giant Skittez, 1 Godberry, 1 Quick Dinamed CBD, 1 Green Poison, 1 Purple Wreck and 1 S.A.D.(its the one off the left side). so 12 total for now.

Plants April 5

NautilusNews

NautilusNews

Saw your thread. I'm a new member here. Knew right away where you got your seeds. I have much the same. My main interest was Holy Grail and Northern Lights for my last shipment. Had a HGK in the past and was doing well until my cat found the planter, and cut it while scratching around in the soil. That's one of the best 3 strains I've had the pleasure of smoking. So I finally got it again. Did a NL outdoor once and had to get again. Personal favorite and i can say I did it myself. Had a super lemon haze with it but it was so loud I had to kill it. Will keep an eye on your grow. Hope all goes well. Here's a couple picks of my NL & SLH. NL was planted left.
20170424 200400
20170715 153126
20170804 202632
20171026 133008

sibba

sibba

So here is an update on the girls. 1st I picked up some Mega Crop so I'll be using that instead of the Maxi series. Everything went into the ground May 22nd, except for the Quick DinaMed CBD because it stared to autoflower so i put it into a smart pot to see what happens. i prepped the garden bed 2 weeks prior, with some Pro-Mix LP15 because it is all sand here and the LP15 has less perilite so it holds more water. I also used composted mixed manure and a bag of sugar on the whole garden when i prepped it as well. I gave each plant a bit of earth worm castings in each hole and half TBS of Dagda Grow and mixed so its was under the plant. Then I gave each plant 2 TBS of Dagda Grow on the surface spread out evenly about 10 inches from the stems.

The garden was only watered with a soaker hose or rain, until today when i gave them each 1 gallon of solution containing Mega Crop(4gms/Gal), Florlisious plus(1ml/Gal), Root rescue-a fungi product(2gms/Gal), and agave syrup(1TBS/Gal). My plan is to feed with Dagda once a month and then do the Mega Crop after 2 weeks so it alternates basically until i need to stop feeding to start ripening.

I also have tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, onions, leeks, zucchini, and radishes in the garden around the edges and they will receive the same fertilizers as well.

I may also remove some or all the plants down the middle because I think i filled it in too much and it would allow the rest more room to grow. I have a buddy that would take them so we'll see over the next few weeks to a month, but I can tell they are gonna get big because it's been 2 weeks since i transplanted them and they are almost double in size.

MAY 20th
May 20

June 4th
June 5a

June 4th

June 5b

Average

Average

Old wives tale...

Keep doing what you're doing. Looks good. My $0.02... Feed them heavy in the core with high pressure.

sibba

sibba

Old wives tale...

Keep doing what you're doing. Looks good. My $0.02... Feed them heavy in the core with high pressure.

I've been watering them with the hose with a wand attachment as well. not all the time, but we had some really hot days right after i planted them so I watered them at night with the wand. I can run the soaker hose until its almost flooded because its so sandy here, puddles clear in a few seconds and it keeps it moist all day and is dry by the next morning. I also like to not watering directly at the stem because it forces the roots to go hunting for water and they will be better able to handle the stresses of mid summer heat later on.

sibba

sibba

So I've got a jungle going on now lol. The plants have all grown together already and I made the decision to remove the center row, so I've transplanted 2 into a different area of the yard. so 1 of the Fire99 and the Green Poison have been moved and I'll be moving the Purple Wreck in a day or 2.

I couldn't walk between the plants without breaking branches and I want to try screening them so i need the space to work and allow the plants to grow wide not tall. I supercropped all the plants earlier in the week and plan to setup a screen soon.

July 5th
IMG 20200705 070332128 HDR

IMG 20200705 070322527 HDR

IMG 20200705 070403579

IMG 20200705 070418706

sibba

sibba

Plants look great, planted way to close though. I've made this mistake before. Those plants will double in size still, so you will have to prune hard. You want max airflow during bud or you'll have to watch out for mold. Plants looking good.

Ya i shouldn't of started them inside so early. live and learn.

Top Bottom