2020 New LED opinions and suggestions ?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jackbud

Jackbud

I’ve been eyeballing spider farmer the 4000 to be exact. I saw it says it had the 5x5 flower footprint too but one of my buddies had ordered it and he says that it says 4x4 flower footprint On the something the light came with, he swears 🤷🏻‍♂️, I was going to contact sf to confirm that. Cause I would 2 5x5 in a 4x8 can’t ever have too much light! But his plants are flourishing and looking great and he loves the light so far.
The spider farmer 4000 specs
Veg : 5×5 footprint
Flower : 4×4 footprint

Miked1988

Miked1988

Yeah that’s what he said but on Amazon it says 5x5 flower and 6x6 veg which got me confused, hell it even says it on the title of the listing too

C4D3607B 021E 4ADC 8766 3247A7B6F4E9
Unhinged

Unhinged

If youre looking for honesty then look to north american manufacturing.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Yeah that’s what he said but on Amazon it says 5x5 flower and 6x6 veg which got me confused, hell it even says it on the title of the listing too
Forget what the manufacturer says, they could tell you it covers 100x100 but that doesn't mean its true. You want at least 30 watts per square foot and 40-50 is better so you dont have to run your drivers at full power, a 4x4 is 16 square feet so it needs between 480-800 watts available for optimum conditions. , My two cents is go with the kingbrites, they are working well for me.
If youre looking for honesty then look to north american manufacturing.
Some lights are assembled in North America but to the best of knowledge all their major components are manufactured elsewhere. But your right, we all know there has never been a dishonest American company 🤣

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I wouldn't worry about what it says either, I would try and go for the highest watt unit you can afford, and find a configuration you can live with for the next few years. There's always going to be the "next units" out there.

The best ones now days, and I've been at the LED game for awhile now (ten years), are going to have switches and/or knobs, for dialing things in, the Samsung led's are nice, but there not the only ones out there that make a decent product, you want full spectrum, and you want to try and get some UV/IR in there as well, if possible.

Other than that, I would say 2-10 watt diodes have the best penetration, the higher, the more penetration. Mine have double filament 10 w diodes that run at 0.6w each. The Samsung LM301? 2w, run at 0.2w each, more efficient, but less "range" There's always a trade-off with diodes. Cooler is better, but they have to be right on top of the plant to do well.

Then, there's color, and ratio, but the above things are the fundamentals to consider.
The spiders while not for me, are an excellent choice for many grower, I'm looking for another light myself, but I think I"m going to try and go a little bigger this time around.

something like one of these

Last edited:
Top Bottom