2023 outdoor gsc, orange creamsicle, and blueberry.

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I have another dairy going for my autos. But I feel like my outdoor grow is going to be much longer and I don’t want it to get buried in the other one so I’m gonna start a new one here. They are in the same closet as my 2 autos for now. Usually around 82 degrees and 55% humidity. The gsc and oc are about two weeks old and the blueberry is a week. I’m in ff happy frog soil. In solos at the moment. 2 of the 3 are going in a raised garden i tilled the soil 2 weeks ago and will add 2 bags of hf soil to it in the next cpl weeks. I’m also planning on tilling in some Gaia green 4-4-4 2 weeks before I transplant. One will go in a 5ga pot that will have only ff hf soil. And add nutes as needed. I’m still trying to figure out what to plant in the 5ga. And what to put in the garden. All opinions welcome lol I’m also wondering when a good time to start hardening is? I’m in the Hudson valley ny area. Any and all tips are always appreciated. I’m going to transplant to one gallon or two ga. Pots before the final transplant. Now for the pics lol
2023 outdoor gsc orange creamsicle and blueberry
2023 outdoor gsc orange creamsicle and blueberry 2
thanks for checking it out.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Transplanted the orange creamsicle today to 2ga. With ff hf soil I added mykos to water and top dressed with Gaia 4-4-4. The gsc might be ready for transplant by beginning of next week. The blueberry still needs more time. But everyone is looking happy here’s the gsc that didn’t pot before with the others. I also gave the creamsicle an hr in the sun it was nice today.
18635762 41DF 4919 9811 F055FE6D5FB2

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Running some OC also. Some guy gave me the seeds. So far seem pretty vigorous. Starting them out indoors to put outside in a month. Not a big fan of the flavor of them but they make the garden smell good!

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Running some OC also. Some guy gave me the seeds. So far seem pretty vigorous. Starting them out indoors to put outside in a month. Not a big fan of the flavor of them but they make the garden smell good!
I havnt tried it yet. Yea I’m doing the same but I can’t decide if it’s going in a raised garden with my veggies or in a 5ga planter outside on the deck. Leaning towards the planter but worried about the roots running out of room. I can’t wait to try it. Do you have a journal going for it?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yep. A continuation of last year’s. Going to post a quick update here in a few minutes. It begins with blazing heat, etc..

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Transplanted the gsc to a 2ga fabric pot with ff hf soil and a few cups of perlite. watered her and the blueberry. Will water the oc tomorrow. The gsc is a little droopy I’m hoping she didn’t get too stressed. I was very gentle hope she pulls through. The humidity got a little low today for a few hrs. But normally between 55-60% and temp is around 80-83 degrees. I’m running out of room in my closet. I might have to put the humidifier outside and vent it in once I transplant the blueberry. And build a little shelf to raise them up a little. My autos are taking up a lot of the light. Dli is 14-15 on the bigger ones and a little lower on the solo cup.
B763A1FC FCBC 4D89 902A A70002FE56D0
2B5FBB29 C4B4 418A AAC7 1132DB77959D
B83C683D CA7B 4EA5 90ED 2F1DF130EF9A
8C586DA1 10F3 42CD 8278 63651A4300D1
04D3F1C1 DF5A 4AF5 B99A 4D44F0063F26

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I think today is the start of week 5 for the oc and gsc and start of week 4 for the blueberry. And I never mentioned the gsc has some weird thing going on with 2 leaves there’s 8 fingers and it’s growing almost like 2 separate leaves. I noticed it on the first set then it skipped the next perpendicular set then i just noticed on the same side on the newest set. I’m not worried just think it’s interesting lol. The seeds did have a little mishap during germination so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I transplanted the blueberry to a 2ga. Fabric pot today and let that and the oc sit outside today for 2 hrs. I’m going to water the oc with filtered water and cal mag tonight. It has some purple on the stems already but it’s had it since it was a seedling. So idk if it’s genetics or what. I moved everything around so I’ll get new dli readings when I get a chance. I top dressed the gsc with Gaia 4-4-4 today. I’m a little late so I’m sure I’ll need to add liquid nutes to hold it over.I decided to do the blueberry in a 5ga. On the deck and throw the other 2 in the raised garden. I have a feeling the oc is going to get big. It’s already twice the height of the gsc that was started at the same time. I may do a scrog outside to keep it low. I also am going to add Gaia 4-4-4 to the bb I just want to let it get used to its new pot before. I meant to add it before I transplanted but forgot.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I added Gaia 4-4-4 to the blueberry today. It’ll need water and cal mag tomorrow along with the other two. Gave them a cpl hrs of sun today everyone is looking happy. I’ll probably add a little fox farm veg nutes to the gsc bottom leaves are turning a little yellow.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I tied down the oc it’s already starting to get pretty big so I bent it down about half way up the plant. I’m only training for stealth purposes. I’ve been hardening them for the past couple weeks and decided to leave them outside tonight. Hopefully it doesn’t get to cold it shouldn’t get below 45 degrees but that’s still a little colder then I would like. Hopefully they’ll be ok. I’m planning on transplanting them to the garden in 2-3 weeks and want them acclimated to the natural light schedule. And the temp fluctuations. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I took a clone off of the oc and the gsc three days ago and they’re still looking healthy. Hopefully I can get some roots. I used Rockwool and a small dome. With some rooting powder. I soaked the cubes in my filtered water with some mykos. First time trying to clone so fingers crossed.lol thanks for checking it out. I almost forgot to mention my gsc is throwing out 3 branches per node every other node. Always on the same side as the mutant leaf. Idk if I should clip one of them or just let them grow. Idk if this is common or not but would love to learn a little about what’s goin on with it if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

Last edited:
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I decided to do the gsc in a 10ga. Pot on the deck and transplanted it today. The other two will go in the garden next weekend.
4F37760C D228 4687 9426 AB9743B0B1A8
I cut 3 more clones off the gsc on Thursday. So I have 5 gsc and 1 orange creamsicle clones. I’ll do another few oc after I transplant and let it rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom