~220 square meter grow op plan needed

• Thread starter Lvgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lvgrows

Lvgrows

Recently got the opportunity to convert a whole floor in a warehouse into a large scale op, we are working with roughly 220 square m and 2.40 m in height. I’m looking for someone to help me plan which lights to use, how many and where to place them as well as other things such as ventilation and water drainage plan. I’ve attach the floor plan, there are stairs in the middle and a hole that goes through all the floors where we can run exhausts / intakes any help is very appreciate, I’m not new to growing but new to larger scales.

220 square meter grow op plan needed
Lvgrows

Lvgrows

Money isn’t a big issue. The left and right sides are neighbouring other warehouses meaning we can’t drill holes for ventilation but the top wall is not a problem to play with. The dotted lines area is not usable, we have two rooms to work with, the smaller one is planned to be a drying/curing and extraction room and the bigger one will be the grow room.

FTCG

FTCG

Many things to consider here. Is it possible to post some pics of the warehouse to get a better idea of restrictions?

Also what plans do you have in mind? Are you looking to do soil or hydro?

First things first, you will need to set up electrical, and ventilation before anything. These will give you an idea on your max capabilities. Which will help with your design.

Ease of access, and proper flow of the garden are essential. People working in there need to be comfortable.

Do you plan of shipping plants into an all flower facility, will you be doing everything in house (cloning, vegetative growth)?

Get the most important things out of the way first. Hire an electrician and get your 3 phase power set up. This will give you the total amount of lighting, and HVAC available to you, and going from there is a bit easier as you have some set parameters other than 200 square meters, which is kind of vague.

Some pictures of the facility are needed.

What are the time constraints on the build?

FTCG

FTCG

Mj benches2

Here is an example. This particular setup uses tables that roll side to side to create walkways in between rows to maximize space.

In your situation you don't have that much height, you may want to look into replacing the lighting with air cooled reflectors. And adding some heavy duty perferated vents bringing in cold air for the A/C unit(s).

Lvgrows

Lvgrows

View attachment 871428

Here is an example. This particular setup uses tables that roll side to side to create walkways in between rows to maximize space.

In your situation you don't have that much height, you may want to look into replacing the lighting with air cooled reflectors. And adding some heavy duty perferated vents bringing in cold air for the A/C unit(s).
Really like the table idea, what exactly do you mean by air cooled reflectors to replace the lights? The vents will definately be there, will have the run vertically along the floor plans because the side walls are the neighbours.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Lighting , if power is nonissue; CMH/ or traditional Mh/ hps.
Already mentioned above, hvac, total load for removal of heat, your size, 5tons cooling / heating capacity, btu wise, 140k total.
Also consider fresh air in and exhaust out with dehumidifier.
Cooling the room will be critical with traditional lights as they do generate massive heat loads.
It’s all about the environment
Air movement consider, a fan oscillating for every 4-6 plants
Scrog net to control train the plants due to height restrictions
I’d section a veg room / mother room
And a dedicated flower space.
I do like the rolling tray / shelf idea.
Drainage, get a floor sink every 6-8 feet apart and ensure it’s a min of 4” in diameter. If the laws allow u to , you can send most run off into sewer or you may need to collect drainoff and treat locally before sewer.
Control mechanism should allow for easy access via wireless or mobile devices, if setting up I’d ensure control and security access as top priority.
Soil or media decisions will also dictate what setup will work.
But lights and hvac/ environment is same no matter which route you go.
Hydro is better to yield and control but there is a steep learning curve whereas soil is forgiving but there is issues regarding conditions control and pests.

Lvgrows

Lvgrows

Have you heard of flea flex? I’m planning
Lighting , if power is nonissue; CMH/ or traditional Mh/ hps.
Already mentioned above, hvac, total load for removal of heat, your size, 5tons cooling / heating capacity, btu wise, 140k total.
Also consider fresh air in and exhaust out with dehumidifier.
Cooling the room will be critical with traditional lights as they do generate massive heat loads.
It’s all about the environment
Air movement consider, a fan oscillating for every 4-6 plants
Scrog net to control train the plants due to height restrictions
I’d section a veg room / mother room
And a dedicated flower space.
I do like the rolling tray / shelf idea.
Drainage, get a floor sink every 6-8 feet apart and ensure it’s a min of 4” in diameter. If the laws allow u to , you can send most run off into sewer or you may need to collect drainoff and treat locally before sewer.
Control mechanism should allow for easy access via wireless or mobile devices, if setting up I’d ensure control and security access as top priority.
Soil or media decisions will also dictate what setup will work.
But lights and hvac/ environment is same no matter which route you go.
Hydro is better to yield and control but there is a steep learning curve whereas soil is forgiving but there is issues regarding conditions control and pests.
Have you heard of floraflex? I plan to use their watering system and rockwool blocks with open ends so you can stack them, not sure about the table tray idea actually because we only have 2m40cm height to work with. Hps generates too much heat, I’m planning to use LED’s, I’m willing to invest in good lights but need to know how many I need for the area.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Have you heard of flea flex? I’m planning

Have you heard of floraflex? I plan to use their watering system and rockwool blocks with open ends so you can stack them, not sure about the table tray idea actually because we only have 2m40cm height to work with. Hps generates too much heat, I’m planning to use LED’s, I’m willing to invest in good lights but need to know how many I need for the area.
Gotcha, few here do build their own leds and maybe able to give ya some advice on that
Quantum brds seem to the vibe I get from most here, I’ve personally not used them so my insight is limited in regards to that

Lvgrows

Lvgrows

Gotcha, few here do build their own leds and maybe able to give ya some advice on that
Quantum brds seem to the vibe I get from most here, I’ve personally not used them so my insight is limited in regards to that
I was planning to just invest in some nice ones, I want this to ideally be a conscious batch process all year round

Top Bottom