250w HPS Cree Cob Led organic super cropped scrog grow 420

• Thread starter Rizla420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rizla420

Rizla420

Hi folks this is my grow journal

I've vegged of Kush and gorrilla glue 4 I've super cropped them all by pinching the base stem at week 3 of veg this increases yield I also have a scrog net x2

Using Cree cob LEDs 4 of them they draw only 65w each but output 100w each and there 3500k

I'm using for flowering light a omega HPS light setup the new one for 2021 much better umols m2

I'm making my own nutes for veg upto week 3 of flower the organic tea I make using a bubbler is made from sprouted/ germinated white beans , lentils and chickpeas I can molasses and agave syrup and wood ash and banana skin tea and bone meal

This is a great homemade organic nutrient you can all make at home then I use push foliar feed till week 2 of flower

I use delta 9 this is only used 3 times
First application of delta 9 is 10 days before switch to 12/12
And then 10 days later as it switched to 12/12
And then finally 10 days later

And then plagron pk 13/14
And plagron base flower nutes

At 2ml per litre

I also use nirvana from week 3 to week 7

And overdrive from week 7 to week 9
I flush with agave syrup from week 8 to week 10

I count the first week of flower from the first point of seeing pistols appear NOT when you change to 12/12

We are now at week 1 of flowering and we have 9 weeks to go follow my grow happy 420 everyone and id love some tips to make my organic nutrient even better or any other techniques or ideas to improve yield and quality

Thanks

250w hps cree cob led organic super cropped scrog grow 420
Rizla420

Rizla420

This picture is the previous grow I did using only 4 cob 65w Cree LEDs lights total 260w from start to Finish so let's compare this picture to what the omega HPS light 250w only can do compared this time for this grow I mean if you scroll up you can even see the difference already and the omega 2000k light spectrum is very good for 660nm

IMG 20201227 030531
Rizla420

Rizla420

expand...Decided to add the cob Cree led to the 250w omega super HPS because I'm seeing that it's better to have a more full spectrum but having a HPS seems to be better already and I'm enjoying it alot a 250w HPS 2 of those cob Cree led that are 65w each actual draw outputs 100+ watts each and a side red and blue led 50w All together looks better had a lot of males in the grow that I took out but just left with all females except 1 gg4 turned male and the rest are gg4 females and OG Kush females so gonna be interesting genetics I'm gonna call it White OG Glue next grow gonna use just feminised seeds only but 8 to 9 weeks till harvest so looking forward to it with the new HPS and led hybrid setup all organics homemade nutrients mostly with a touch of the good stuff happy 420

IMG 20210228 203306
Rizla420

Rizla420

The girls are looking good I have got rid of all the girls except for 1 male gorrilla glue 4 keeping that one really small but keeping it in there so when it does give pollen it's not gonna be that much but either way I want more gorrilla glue 4 seeds and if I get a cross of of Kush and gorrilla glue 4 then I'm a happy man for years to come so gonna let it pollinate the girls it's only for me the bud so I don't mind and it's only for this one grow next time when I use the seeds they will have males but it's free seeds from good genetics so it's all good plus the buds I get will mostly go to making so oil this grow I think maybe keep some buds were see either way they look great and there's still 8 more weeks left because now I'm seeing flowers all over them but before it was just the preflowers I was thinking was 8 weeks from there it's not it's 8 weeks from seeing signs of flowers not preflowers all over them not just at the tops happy 420 everyone

IMG 20210307 011334
Rizla420

Rizla420

Ive added 2 more Cree cob LEDs 3500k so that's 4 of them now each outputs 100w and there's a 250w HP's at 2000k I'm at week 3 of flower or rather 3 weeks since switching to 12/12 does anyone know if I'd be better at this stage with just the hps at 2000k on for better flower cluster development? Or if adding these extra LEDs at 3500k could mean less bud development of yield ? Love to know the communities thoughts on this one.....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ive added 2 more Cree cob LEDs 3500k so that's 4 of them now each outputs 100w and there's a 250w HP's at 2000k I'm at week 3 of flower or rather 3 weeks since switching to 12/12 does anyone know if I'd be better at this stage with just the hps at 2000k on for better flower cluster development? Or if adding these extra LEDs at 3500k could mean less bud development of yield ? Love to know the communities thoughts on this one.....
That would be 2 weeks of flowering. You dont count the transition period...right?

Rizla420

Rizla420

That would be 2 weeks of flowering. You dont count the transition period...right?
I do count the transition period from the point of first flower clusters appearing all over the plant that way each bud has the recommended time In flower some seeds banks quote from first switch to 12/12 but most seed banks recommend to count flowering weeks from first signs of flowers appearing on the whole plant not just the main top cola hope this helps people get ripe buds also check with a micro scope to see your thc colour change to cloudy and amber I like 75% cloudy and 25% amber but that's preference on the amount of amber percent you like personally upto 50/50 is the max you can take the amber ratio or your buds won't keep stored for the longest period of time also check out boveda humidity paks 62% very good for storage and curing happy 420 here is my week 3 of flower from signs of pistons

IMG 20210311 201204
Rizla420

Rizla420

Almost week 4 of flower in 2 days ! Omg omg omg omg
Sorry everyone it's week 2 of flower I mean ! Because I'm meant to count 2 weeks from the point I turn to 12/12 right ? So that means there almost 2 weeks into flower! 7 more weeks to go !

Rizla420

Rizla420

Week of flower and there is 5 to 6 more weeks left to go so I'm started to get excited when I see bud sites in that many places at week 4 wtf right it's gonna be amazing because the smell has really come up a few years Since adding the molasses and Ive swapped over my air intake and outtake so cold air coming in to the bottom now and hot humid air being extracted out the top and already I see the humidity and temps going better so I guess that's helped the smell kick it up a notch the gorilla glue 4 and the og Kush smell much better than the previous 5 grows with them I think by adding a hps light and adding better nutrients like push nirvana and delta 9 I've achieved na much higher quality bud smell and looks

Rizla420

Rizla420

It's week 4 of flower in 2 days time they look great for almost 4 weeks into flower there getting sticky but the terpenes have lowered alot not sure why but I believe because of temps getting too high so getting a cooling tube for the HPS light to cool it as it's getting hotter here

Rizla420

Rizla420

Little update I've had to turn down the lights due to temps now just using the 250w HPS and some good bacteria and fungus spores to amp it up still IL be getting a cool tube soon and then I can turn the other lights back on but so far they are liking the temps at 25c

Rizla420

Rizla420

It's been a week since my last video update

So it will be week 5 in 2 days time lol
There looking good 4 more weeks to go roughly and were see the difference HPS has made compared to just led I did want to do just a 250w HPS grow but I did supliment them with some 3500k LEDs for a while.but due to temp issues I have gone back to.just the 2000k spectrum 250w HPS and things still look great so maybe there not.needed the whole way through the grow I have heard on the last 2 weeks to blast with 5500k only to increase terpenes and crystal content anyone know if that's true?

IMG 20210405 015535
Rizla420

Rizla420

So I have upgraded my ventilation and cooling system and turned it up to 400w now the cooling tube is also here I have 3 weeks roughly left to go been giving them overdrive the last week there looking a little heat stressed I had it go upto 28c while waiting for the new system but all good now thank fully happy 420

IMG 20210411 005412
IMG 20210411 005401
Rizla420

Rizla420

Happy now temps are stable finally at 25c in day hours and that's at 400w with cooling tube there starting to smell very nice and look decent 3 weeks left to go and they look fantastic I'm very pleased with this grow and it has been so far much better using HPS to flower compared to LEDs and I've used lots of different type LEDs and never got these kind of results so I have to say bye bye to just using leds from now on IL use a combination of led and hps in different phases of growth it seems they prefer different spectrums and they react and produce differently depending on the spectrum given at different phases of growth. This update is only 3 days since my last post and look at the difference after turning up to 400w of 2000k

Top Bottom