28k/28plants RDWC Constuction of room and first grow....

• Thread starter NorcalTom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
600gph

600gph

If you worried about the hot air place the pump outside the room...Will make sure your not blowing CO2 into the water...

Those individual air stones/diffusers are beneficial...You will notice the roots growing into/towards these apparatuses...

Love to see more pics of the overflow/returns...Clean setup...

You going to top feed????How many GPH will be devoted to each bucket....

mc

N

NorcalTom

Stands are Sick clean as hell looking my question is where is the cage going to go?? From experience I find anything smaller than having the cage wrapped around the whole outside of the mini res to be a restricter rather than a helper. Have you planned how to attach the cages yet??

Regenerative blowers are awesome since they don't blow hot air in your water they just blow room temperature air. I know RMCG picked up a sweetwater regen blower maybe he'll chime in about how he feels about his. He also posts a video of one in action, IMO badass

So I cancelled the air pump and bought a whitewater ww 60 and this thing blows a ton air. I will let you know when I get it hooked up.
The cages a made a frame that extends 2" on each side of the lid. I'm almost done making all of them and will have them painted soon, I'll post a pics as soon as they are done.

If you worried about the hot air place the pump outside the room...Will make sure your not blowing CO2 into the water...

Those individual air stones/diffusers are beneficial...You will notice the roots growing into/towards these apparatuses...

Love to see more pics of the overflow/returns...Clean setup...

You going to top feed????How many GPH will be devoted to each bucket....

mc

Yes my pumps will be Outside the room, I talked to a friend that ran this same system and he told me to make my own diffuser with PVC. Has anyone done this?? I will be getting a 1200 gph for ten plants, with two feed lines to a 8" ring around the plant. I will post more pics this weekend when I finish the plumbing.

Thanks
Nct

N

NorcalTom

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1298601534.jpg

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1298601627.jpg

Here are some pics with out the tubs. LOL

H

Herban Legend

Wow im breaking a sweat just looking at all that work, nice job.

N

NorcalTom

Here is some pics of my veg, Ill be putting plants in a few days. I will be running Lavender, Mr Nice Guy and Bubba Kush or Og Kush. I still have to figure out which kush I want to run.

The first two pics are the veg with the all the drippers. I took two table and they share one res. They will have one 1000 watt MH over each table.

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/Veg2.jpg

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/Veg.jpg

The next two are the cages I build around my tubs. I felt the cages would be to close if they rested on the yellow lid. So I build a bracket/stand that holds the cages 2" away from the lid.

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/Cage.jpg

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/Cage2.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions are always welcome.

NCT

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Cage holder of the year award right there. Great work, man!

-TF

L

Lost

Nice stands and cage designs. How are you going to transplant from the veg buckets?

L

Lost

No, I was refering to the buckets you are veggin in. How are you going to move the plants. Looks like you will either have to drill a million holes in your buckets, or actually transplant then into netpots. Either one is no bueno in my book :)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Just noticed that. I would just retrofit bucket lid size netpots to your existing buckets.

N

NorcalTom

No, I was refering to the buckets you are veggin in. How are you going to move the plants. Looks like you will either have to drill a million holes in your buckets, or actually transplant then into netpots. Either one is no bueno in my book :)

I did drill a zillion holes in the bottom of the buckets. I noticied the net pots everyone one using but I was wondering why everyone else ran those and DD showed drilling holes in a bucket. I had already finished them before I started the posts and didn't think anything of it. What would be the benefit of switching to a net pot.

Thanks NCT

Just noticed that. I would just retrofit bucket lid size netpots to your existing buckets.

Tf have you ever used anything other than net pots?

L

Lost

DD's did great stuff, but since he dropped the knowledge, his system has been improved by the community. The netpot lids are a big step forward imo. The netpots have much more flow and ability to for the roots to stay airated. :)

B

Bobby Smith

Fucking sick looking.

Those cages are ridiculous - love your metal skills.

N

NorcalTom

DD's did great stuff, but since he dropped the knowledge, his system has been improved by the community. The netpot lids are a big step forward imo. The netpots have much more flow and ability to for the roots to stay airated. :)

I will look into retrofitting them with some net pots, thanks again lost. I could use all the help I can get.

NCT

Fucking sick looking.

Those cages are ridiculous - love your metal skills.

Thanks

Giddeon

Giddeon

I personally Like the 3 gal bucket with a ton of holes drilled in the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides. I do no like the roots to be able to come out of the bucket above the water level, this has never gave me any problems either. My .02

L

Lost

Giddeon - Im sure its fine, but even DD's is using the netpot lids these days :)

Giddeon

Giddeon

Giddeon - Im sure its fine, but even DD's is using the netpot lids these days :)

I have seen that he as appeared to have changed, but until I have seen a successful grow using the net pots in the MPB's ill stick with my 3 gal buckets.

L

Lost

Yup, gotta use what you know works :)

My original fear when I started MPB's was that stuff in the bucket would rot, so I sourced 8 inch lids, then 10 inch a little later :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom