28k/28plants RDWC Constuction of room and first grow....

• Thread starter NorcalTom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorcalTom

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1299530799.jpg

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1299530801.jpg

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1299271917.jpg

Man those tables are sick...Going to need to steal those table designs from you....

Can you help me with the plumbing in the pics...

1 1/2" input
2 3/4" output

Looks like those outputs are pretty low in the buckets...How many inches from bottom are those returns?????

How many gph are you putting through each bucket?????

Any top feed???

mc

I'm running 1/2" input with a 2200 gallon per hour pump feeding five plants and the outlets are a 1" ID 1/4" thick rubber hose. The only reason I went with such a heavy drain hose was, the guy at the irrigation store didn't charge me for it and the warehouse guy brought me this expensive ass hose. I said "cool" and left. I havn't measured in awhile but the bottom of the drains are 5-6" from the bottom.
I will be running a top feed to each bucket and using a 1200 gph for 10 plants. I ran a 1/2" line for the traveler line and T'd off with a 1/4" line to the dripper.
I'm going to run a 1" pvc line with T's to 3/16" air lines to some air diffusers. I will do a shop drawing and post it later when I get some time.

Thanks NCT

O

organiclover

search heath robinson and billy liar on **mag
good info on the thread

your build is looking SICK

N

NorcalTom

search heath robinson and billy liar on **mag
good info on the thread

your build is looking SICK

Nice buildout.

Thanks Guys I'll check out those grows.

Update finally got my babies. There in veg as we speak. I have OG Skywalker Kush, Lavender and Mr Nice Guy. I should get my ballast her in a week and my pumps will be hear shortly. Took me forever to finish all my plumbing, I'll post some more pics later.

NCT

N

NorcalTom

How's things going in wonderland?

Nothing much, still working on my room and had a harvest of GC finish and have been trimming for the last few days. I'll make some more headway here in the next few days. Pics are always nice.

http://i1122.invalid.com/albums/l533/tommybell209/1300206366.jpg

D

doubleds

hey norcal

DAMN dude !! ok, first thing is the chillers you will run, have you purchased them yet? ecoplus is making a commercial style chiller, 1/2 hp and 1 hp. 28 plants divided by 3.... approx 9. somthing. Ok, you will need minimum 3 1/2 chillers but if you can afford it i personally would buy 1 hp x 3. ok, keep your chiller set at 62 to 64 degrees temp in your main res, DO NOT TRUST the temp reading on the chiller. It always reads 4 - 5 degrees higher than what it is. I use the 24/7 hanna tri metres, continuosly monitors ppm, ph, and temp.
these are very very good units and dont need much calibration, i check mine once a month and usually only calibrate 2wice a year. I keep my main res water between 62 and 63 and never have any root problems.

Everything else looks spot on dude, i have those costco tubs but use them and get your moneys worth.

If you are not close to me, if you have a place to stay i might fly down and help out a bit. When are you planning on planting.

Is your a/c 10,000 or 100,000 btu? you wrote 100,000 but i have never seen 1 that big.

good for you dude

dds

Giddeon

Giddeon

hey norcal
If you are not close to me, if you have a place to stay i might fly down and help out a bit. When are you planning on planting....

dds

I feel this post here show DD's true character always trying to help in any way he can. Way cool!

N

NorcalTom

hey norcal

DAMN dude !! ok, first thing is the chillers you will run, have you purchased them yet? ecoplus is making a commercial style chiller, 1/2 hp and 1 hp. 28 plants divided by 3.... approx 9. somthing. Ok, you will need minimum 3 1/2 chillers but if you can afford it i personally would buy 1 hp x 3. ok, keep your chiller set at 62 to 64 degrees temp in your main res, DO NOT TRUST the temp reading on the chiller. It always reads 4 - 5 degrees higher than what it is. I use the 24/7 hanna tri metres, continuosly monitors ppm, ph, and temp.
these are very very good units and dont need much calibration, i check mine once a month and usually only calibrate 2wice a year. I keep my main res water between 62 and 63 and never have any root problems.

Everything else looks spot on dude, i have those costco tubs but use them and get your moneys worth.

If you are not close to me, if you have a place to stay i might fly down and help out a bit. When are you planning on planting.

Is your a/c 10,000 or 100,000 btu? you wrote 100,000 but i have never seen 1 that big.

good for you dude

dds

I havn't bought the chillers yet but I don't think I'll have the money for three one horsepower chillers. If the 1/2 horse are having a hard time I was going to wrap the feed and drain in styrafoam. The stuff they put around outside piping for homes. I do have trimeters but they are the blue lab tri meters.
I have already planted my Og Skywalker, Lavender and Mr Nice Guy in my veg room. They have been in there for a week and are starting to take off.
My a/c says on the plate it's a 100,000 Btu. I will check it again today and get back to you on that.

I would appricate any help I can get. Pm me your info and will talk. I would pm you mine but I know you get a lot of messages every day.

Thanks again for all the info
NCT

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

someone posted up a really good deal on ecoplus 1hp chillers recently...google shopping

hey im curious what brand a/c did you go with? do you know the seer rating or the amp load?

C

canaguy27

might look into a commercial jbj chiller. they are titanium.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I have seen that he as appeared to have changed, but until I have seen a successful grow using the net pots in the MPB's ill stick with my 3 gal buckets.

check out my mpb thread...i love the netpots

Giddeon

Giddeon

Oh trust me I have read your thread, Great job BTW.

I guess my net pot comment was made in haste.

I think before I switch to my 70 gal mini res Ill do another side by side test; 3 gal bucket vs. netpot and see how each preforms for me.

I'm going to use a netpot in my RDWC Hydro-organic experiment, where I will be setting up a mini MPB system with 5 gal bucket mini res's and a 70 gal main res. Hoping that the taste is a ton better from this experiment than my sensi 2 part grows.

HG23

HG23

Looks really clean NCtom, thanks for keeping the journal. Ill be watching out for the next update.

D

doubleds

If you havn't bought your chillers yet ecoplus just brought out a commerial grade chiller. I have heard good things about them so i bought a few 1hp and half horse power chillers for testing. Look them up, i think they are 1400 for a 1 hp.

dds

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Awesome work Tom
The room looks great.
Loving the stands.
What did you use to paint them.
Paints continues to off gas for a while. Can you smell it when you first enter the room after its been closed for awhile. If so a couple gallons of Ona gel left in there will take care of it.

I will be lurking along.
+rep

C

canaguy27

If you havn't bought your chillers yet ecoplus just brought out a commerial grade chiller. I have heard good things about them so i bought a few 1hp and half horse power chillers for testing. Look them up, i think they are 1400 for a 1 hp.

dds

I just saw these today at the indoor garden expo here in town. They are nice units.

Top Bottom