2k diy undercurrent system (first time hydro)

• Thread starter whereswaldosbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

I'M BACK AFTER 3 LONG YEARS!!!!! well this is going to be a video journal. i will update every 2 weeks hope you enjoy my new setup. this is my first hydroponic setup and my third attempt at growing the first 2 i had to cut them down during veg (outdoors). well here you are enjoy! strain white fire alien. I'm also planning on scroggin my WHOLE 4x8 tent ;) well enjoy heres a vid of my setup [youtube]CtIX8YGefQA[/youtube]

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

here are a few pics of my girls they looking alot better from then when they were in the video

IMAG0071
IMAG0072
IMAG0073
IMAG0074
IMAG0075
IMAG0076
IMAG0077
IMAG0081
ttystikk

ttystikk

Your girls are looking hungry. I would like to know more about your diy uc?

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

i was drowning my girls so i dropped the water level a good 3in theyre just coming back in about a week ill up the ppm. as for the diy uc system im using 20gallon brute totes, 4in abs pipe(makes sure you cut it at a angel otherwise its a bitch to connect... trust me), im using uniseals to interconnect the totes, 2ft defusers, diy water chiller( used window ac unit) ac unit is at is lowest temp of 60 witch brings my res down to 66, bought a wort chiller on ebay 50ft, and im also using a mag drive 1200gph water pump. if you have any other quesions feel free to ask away

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Please post your nute recipe with the kind of water your using. I see a big no no in the video but im not gonna speak yet cuz idk if its being used in the uc or for something else.

Second that is way overkill... Not saying it wont work awesome its just way overkill your setup is built to grow like 10ft trees I think you should downsize your buckets to 13gal at the most. Also slower flow rates seem to work better for me contarary to popular belief so dont go to crazy on your water pump size. Your room is a good room though theres lots of thought put behind it. Post your recipe maybe the qb can help get you flying real quick.

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

I add tea once a week (4 gallons) ingredients ewc, alfalfa meal, earth juice catalyst, eco-nero kelp, humic acid, and molasses.

For base nute i am using advance nutrients sensi A & B. Addatives rhino skin, root excelerator, super thrive.

I'm using 5 stage RO water along with Cal mag.

I just up'd my ppm"s to 350. in the past week i have seen some root growth along the buttom of the stem and on the side of the rockwool the roots are about 2in long now. since i dropped the water level and started spraying the roots 1-2 times a day they have gotten better. I'm hoping in the next week they really start pushing their roots to the water source..... also water temps are at 66

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I add tea once a week (4 gallons) ingredients ewc, alfalfa meal, earth juice catalyst, eco-nero kelp, humic acid, and molasses.

**all of this looks like an organic soil grow recipe cut all that shit you have listed above... Rule #1... With the exception of aquashield and plant doctor all organics should stay with the soil growers you need to be using synthetic nutes...

For base nute i am using advance nutrients sensi A & B. Addatives rhino skin, root excelerator, super thrive.

** im not a fan of an in hydro but thats fine as base nutes, the rhino skin is fine too but knock off the roots excel you dont need that and it makes your system nasty. Superthrive is cool too you can use that if you want. If your up and running correctly thats not needed either imo.

I'm using 5 stage RO water along with Cal mag.

*** use calmag+ @ 5ml per gal at the minimum dont let these boneheads tell you any different unless you like mystery deficiencies lol.

I just up'd my ppm"s to 350. in the past week i have seen some root growth along the buttom of the stem and on the side of the rockwool the roots are about 2in long now. since i dropped the water level and started spraying the roots 1-2 times a day they have gotten better. I'm hoping in the next week they really start pushing their roots to the water source..... also water temps are at 66

*** after reading that recipe i seriously doubt the water level is the problem just keep it at the bottom of the netpot you will be cool. 66 is a little cold too... Let it slide up to around 71-72 and stay there while they are all little.

My recipe looks like this i use ro water too
Veg
1g epsom salt per gallon
5ml calmag+
Hg aquaflakes a&b
Drip clean
Multizen
Plant doctor (formerly exel lg) once every 3 weeks.

Flower
1 1/2-2g epsom per gal
5-7ml calmag
Hg aquaflakes a&b
Drip clean
Bud xl
Top booster once at beginning of week 5
Shooting powder for weeks 6,7,8
Plant doc every 3 weeks

No crazy shit no teas no organics no magic roots in a bottle just straight up calcium magnesium, base nutes, drip clean to keep salts from building, enzymes and a systemic fungicide to help prevent pm and root rot... Thats it all you gotta do is cover all your bases and keep shit simple. Try it I bet knocking all that crazy shit out will solve your problems.

F

fuzzy

First,do you have a drip system on it?I may have missed it if so.If not,i would raise my water back up to the net since you have the temps under control.In veg,i use dutch master gold veg,calmag,drip clean,and zone.In flower i use canna flower,calmag,zone,big bud,and at the end kool bloom,peace,fuzzy

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

@quarterback thanks for the advice but im going to keep the ewc tea the reason being it helps prevent slime and a few other things... i cant remember off top of my head. check out gettogrow journal and you could see for yourself how it works wonders in the undercurrent, also somewhere in the tread it said why he stopped using h2020.

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

@
First,do you have a drip system on it?I may have missed it if so.If not,i would raise my water back up to the net since you have the temps under control.In veg,i use dutch master gold veg,calmag,drip clean,and zone.In flower i use canna flower,calmag,zone,big bud,and at the end kool bloom,peace,fuzzy
you know what bro i should of used a drip system but too late now....... roots have started coming out of the net pots :) the girls looked like shit at first because i was drowning them, magnesium deficiency, nitrogen deficiency. they look awesome now!!!!! ill be posting another video next week to show the improvement.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I'm interested in jumping in to UC just haven't made the jump yet. still researching. can't wait for the next update

F

fuzzy

I use a drip system all the way through.I have it hooked up to the same timer my lights are on so it goes off at night.I just used 1/4 in hose and made a ring out of it and then drilled 5 small holes in it.Thats coming off of a 1/4 in line that goes to 3/4 in pvc conduit,peace,fuzzy

ttystikk

ttystikk

I use a drip system all the way through.I have it hooked up to the same timer my lights are on so it goes off at night.I just used 1/4 in hose and made a ring out of it and then drilled 5 small holes in it.Thats coming off of a 1/4 in line that goes to 3/4 in pvc conduit,peace,fuzzy

What kind of pump do you use? Is there a filter, or how do you prevent clogs? My system clogs badly and I'm looking for solutions.

whereswaldosbud

whereswaldosbud

I'm interested in jumping in to UC just haven't made the jump yet. still researching. can't wait for the next update
I will be adding an update video on the 8th that'll be the girls one month. I'm liking the system so far so good. Imo low maintenance.

F

fuzzy

I have a 350 mag with a filter on the end and use drip clean,peace,fuzzy

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have a 350 mag with a filter on the end and use drip clean,peace,fuzzy

My filter clogs full of coco, so drip clean wouldn't help. It's the really tiny coco sediment that gets through other filters.

B

Beau64

High waldo,

I'm interested in your grow,

I hope you don't mind but I'm taking notes on a couple of things your doing so I can try an incorporate into my new grow room

Thanks,
Beau

Top Bottom