2nd grow from seed and looking to document my grow from start to finish. Hoping you will share your girls also along this journey. Happy growing!

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Thank you for the knowledge. I am going to look into that for sure. I have ordered the Blumats Tropf system with plenty of accessories and it should be here this week coming. May get that thing dialed in and throw some Alfalfa in there.
Cool....are you oxygenating your water? That seemed to make a big difference in the appearance and health of my last grow. Had never done it -- and used a solar water pump outside to 'bubble n toil trouble' the water for a day ahead. I guess you could do that and then hook it up to the Blumats thing....

R

Robert23howard

Cool....are you oxygenating your water? That seemed to make a big difference in the appearance and health of my last grow. Had never done it -- and used a solar water pump outside to 'bubble n toil trouble' the water for a day ahead. I guess you could do that and then hook it up to the Blumats thing....
Plan on just running a little bubbler or a small little pump to move the water around some in the reservoir. Will probably end up adding an additional bigger reservoir to feed the one so I don’t have to lift water up to it. Seeing how it is a gravity fed system I will probably have it up 4-5 feet off the ground.

sambapati

sambapati

Plan on just running a little bubbler or a small little pump to move the water around some in the reservoir. Will probably end up adding an additional bigger reservoir to feed the one so I don’t have to lift water up to it. Seeing how it is a gravity fed system I will probably have it up 4-5 feet off the ground.
Excited to see what it looks like when you're finished. Guessing that you are in Europe?

R

Robert23howard

Unites States actually. I hope the system is as great as I believe it is going to be. Little more expensive so I am crossing my fingers.

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

This is all from the brain of @NotFrankster, who is one of the most knowledgeable folks on here regarding biochemical responses in plants. What the alfalfa does is stimulate natural release of Triacnotanol into your grow and all the ancillary benefits (see below). During the grow you can trim the alfalfa and put it in your salad (benefits you) or it adds to a mulch layer for water retention.
Plant senescence is the process of aging in plants. Plants have both stress-induced and age-related developmental aging.

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a plant hormone for most plants; notably cannabis. Which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks. 1-Triacontanol is a natural plant growth regulator. It has been widely used to enhance the yield of various crops around the world, mainly in Asia. Triacontanol is reported to increase the growth of plants by enhancing the rates of photosynthesis, protein biosynthesis, transport of nutrients in a plant and enzyme activity, reducing complex carbohydrates among many other purposes. The fatty alcohol appears to increase the physiological efficiency of plant cells and boost the potential of the cells responsible for the growth and maturity of a plant.

Appear to allow the plant to "ripen longer"

I've been growing alfalfa in my grow up too now; (4% in cuticle waxes) but decided to take this to the next level; since I'm getting satisfactory results. I also occasionally ferment some bees wax/sugars into my mixtures.

Fundamental elements required;
https://www.amazon.com/Polysorbate-...d=1639497013&sprefix=polysorba,aps,220&sr=8-3
www.ebay.com

Add 0.3g of triacontanol to dissolve. (Need to dissolve triacontanol). Plant Growth Regulator. Other informal tests by flower growers show usage as high as 25 ppm had large growth increases.
www.ebay.com
Have to give Aquaman credit for this one.... He's the one told me about alfalfa seeds being high in tricontonol.

No questions about it though. It's certainly beneficial regardless of the source

sambapati

sambapati

Have to give Aquaman credit for this one.... He's the one told me about alfalfa seeds being high in tricontonol.

No questions about it though. It's certainly beneficial regardless of the source
Have made a gallon of alfalfa water concentrate, and it smells very much. Thinking it should be watered into the soil mixture for next crop, the mind boggles. Adding 1/2 tsp of spirulina to the water makes the most plentiful green bubbles perfectly illustrating the oxygenation process. Your 2 beans surviving the outdoor blurple experiment so far but our weather has been straight rain. We got into the car to go into town and got as fall as 1 mile away, I turned to my wife and asked permission to turn around.

20221003 093826
20221002 111118
R

Robert23howard

So here are the plants today. 2 pics of mine from today and the other is of my brothers from Monday. Both grows are going well for the time being. The soils are both doing well and we will probably throw some Terp Tea’s grow and microbe on them next week to give them a little kick prior flip.

I believe I am going to hold off one extra week making it six weeks from seed prior flip. 2 reasons for this. 1.) I want to put the Blumats in that I ordered prior to me trellising the girls. Just want to make that process a little easier before they really start growing and it becomes a pain to get down there and water them. 2.) I am wanting them to get a bit longer prior to flip. Even though they will be a tall plant with me triple trellising I will be able to spread them nicely over the three steps.

The Blumat system is at the house but the accessories I ordered were not sent and the arrival date is not until the 16th. So I will probably just put the main system in place on Sunday. Will then put the accessories in when they come and go ahead and trellis that same day. Will be busy that day but it will pretty much be done besides defoliating a few times in flower and weaving here through the trellis.

Talk soon! Don’t forget to sharer your grow. Haven’t seen any good ones yet. Did see a kryptonite bud though!

3F217280 8747 4C68 8A46 56445D176BC6
1FABA35A 4F53 4544 8C91 315083EF8514
647C7DB2 1F3D 448C 9439 E29BD7FAD53E
R

Robert23howard

Blumats TROMPF system with 12 carrots in six pots installed! Let’s gooooooo…. Now to get it fine tuned over the next several days. I did tune it as per the videos and directions say but I know it will still take some dialing in. I am excited about it, the orange tubing looks great with that Spider Farmer SE5000 light that has the same orange in it as well. That video shows this homemade masterpiece. Looking really good for my 2nd grow ever. Tent’s and room are coming along nicely.

The next few pics are closer up still shots that show the set up. 2 carrots, each with one distribution dripper and one distribution dripper end. So four watering distribution drippers and 2 carrots per 5 gallon pot. Reservoir is currently a 7 gallon bucket. I have 2 feeding hoses with each side having its own filtering system with shut off valves. Hopefully if something does make it through though by having it ran as a loop system only one plant may not get water but the other 5 should. I also put an end valve in the middle of the 2 lines to purge air or remove debris or a clog if needed to. Pretty legit system I think. Time will tell! Will add a little pump to the bucket here shortly. This will allow the water to not sit stagnant. I only use PH’d water in the reservoir because I am using the Sohum dirt topping it with both Terp Teas Grow and Microbe a few times during this veg. I also throw some Fish Shit in there a couple times per grow as well but will probably just water that in myself in a thicker concentrate when I do by hand.

Last pic is of my brothers grow and they are starting to shape up nicely. He is doing a bang up job on his first attempt at LST training them. Going to be a good one right here down the stretch. Stay tuned for some cuter monster buds!!!!!!

F8DDD908 2841 4F6C A979 DB67A6397AFF
D676041E FB35 488D B911 AC4365B3EDCE
7A4BF47B 5187 40B3 BED1 A92AC9E3F66C
3467D557 9B43 4CB4 A9C5 804B9EAC7A4F
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Blumats TROMPF system with 12 carrots in six pots installed! Let’s gooooooo…. Now to get it fine tuned over the next several days. I did tune it as per the videos and directions say but I know it will still take some dialing in. I am excited about it, the orange tubing looks great with that Spider Farmer SE5000 light that has the same orange in it as well. That video shows this homemade masterpiece. Looking really good for my 2nd grow ever. Tent’s and room are coming along nicely.

The next few pics are closer up still shots that show the set up. 2 carrots, each with one distribution dripper and one distribution dripper end. So four watering distribution drippers and 2 carrots per 5 gallon pot. Reservoir is currently a 7 gallon bucket. I have 2 feeding hoses with each side having its own filtering system with shut off valves. Hopefully if something does make it through though by having it ran as a loop system only one plant may not get water but the other 5 should. I also put an end valve in the middle of the 2 lines to purge air or remove debris or a clog if needed to. Pretty legit system I think. Time will tell! Will add a little pump to the bucket here shortly. This will allow the water to not sit stagnant. I only use PH’d water in the reservoir because I am using the Sohum dirt topping it with both Terp Teas Grow and Microbe a few times during this veg. I also throw some Fish Shit in there a couple times per grow as well but will probably just water that in myself in a thicker concentrate when I do by hand.

Last pic is of my brothers grow and they are starting to shape up nicely. He is doing a bang up job on his first attempt at LST training them. Going to be a good one right here down the stretch. Stay tuned for some cuter monster buds!!!!!!
You are a brave person to try doing this but I think you already know about debris and hand watering some of the nutes also makes perfect sense. The aeration makes a huge difference in the bud quality. I used the green and purple Terp teas in my last grow and couldn't have been happier with the results. Good goin'

R

Robert23howard

I do understand it is risky but I am thinking by only feeding the soil and using this for just the water I should be able to keep it pretty clean along with the 2 filters. Interested to see if they get larger quicker because they can uptake the nutrients from the soil as they see fit and not me guessing. I will keep this log going to give you my overall opinion on this system along the way with a recap at the end.

Excited to hear about those Terp Tea’s. Did you use the other 2 during flower? I believe it is the Bloom and Bloom Booster? If so how did you like those? I used Bio Bloom and TopMax my first grow and did like them but want to not mix to many nutrients again. Took a bunch of time so hoping the Sohum soil and the Tea’s will do the trick. Thanks for the feedback, happy growing!

sambapati

sambapati

I do understand it is risky but I am thinking by only feeding the soil and using this for just the water I should be able to keep it pretty clean along with the 2 filters. Interested to see if they get larger quicker because they can uptake the nutrients from the soil as they see fit and not me guessing. I will keep this log going to give you my overall opinion on this system along the way with a recap at the end.

Excited to hear about those Terp Tea’s. Did you use the other 2 during flower? I believe it is the Bloom and Bloom Booster? If so how did you like those? I used Bio Bloom and TopMax my first grow and did like them but want to not mix to many nutrients again. Took a bunch of time so hoping the Sohum soil and the Tea’s will do the trick. Thanks for the feedback, happy growing!
20221009 205109
Happy Hippy and will anticipate u will b 2

20221010 141022
R

Robert23howard

They are definitely growing and the Blumat system started working on it’s own a little over the past few days. Had to dial in two a little more but so far so good. Will be putting the first trellis by the weekend. Will have to get down and lollipop those back 2 much cleaner than they are now prior though. I have been defoliating every 3 - 4 days but they are putting out pretty heavy on the above canopy so I should have a few nice clones to take from the bottom canopy when I do put that trellis in.

I still have to get my other tent set up because I did rearrange everything in it to help dry my 1st grow. So the light and humidifier need to go back in. Lot’s of work to do over the next few days to get it ready to grow these clones.

Looks like we should be flipping to flower on Sunday but will make that decision as we get closer. Don’t want to flip so late that I wasted time because the tent is to full and could have flipped a week prior. But also don’t want to flip to soon and then I don’t fill up my tent. 1st grow I grew 4 so I veg’d them for almost 10 weeks and they filled it up pretty good. Was shooting for 5 maybe 6 this time and feel like 6 maybe 6 1/2 is better. Will find out in about a month from now. Will be fun to read back through this.

Next pics will be of the first trellis net installed and the lollipop pretty close to being completed. Sometimes take a few extra days to get it really good.

85790A3B 9FF0 4954 A580 FF644646ED24
sambapati

sambapati

They are definitely growing and the Blumat system started working on it’s own a little over the past few days. Had to dial in two a little more but so far so good. Will be putting the first trellis by the weekend. Will have to get down and lollipop those back 2 much cleaner than they are now prior though. I have been defoliating every 3 - 4 days but they are putting out pretty heavy on the above canopy so I should have a few nice clones to take from the bottom canopy when I do put that trellis in.

I still have to get my other tent set up because I did rearrange everything in it to help dry my 1st grow. So the light and humidifier need to go back in. Lot’s of work to do over the next few days to get it ready to grow these clones.

Looks like we should be flipping to flower on Sunday but will make that decision as we get closer. Don’t want to flip so late that I wasted time because the tent is to full and could have flipped a week prior. But also don’t want to flip to soon and then I don’t fill up my tent. 1st grow I grew 4 so I veg’d them for almost 10 weeks and they filled it up pretty good. Was shooting for 5 maybe 6 this time and feel like 6 maybe 6 1/2 is better. Will find out in about a month from now. Will be fun to read back through this.

Next pics will be of the first trellis net installed and the lollipop pretty close to being completed. Sometimes take a few extra days to get it really good.
Don't see any problems here, looks really good. Looks like you are using the thread as 'notes to self' which is fine OK. If you have specific experiments that you are trying with the grow about lighting or darkness whatever -- good to spell those out for the 'studio audience' LOL:>)

R

Robert23howard

I wanted to both keep some notes for me to look back at as well as learn a few things along this grow. Have added several new things so far. One was putting some nutrients (top dressing) and another to try an irrigation system.

Now my next decision is when to flip? I think I am ready but nervous I will not fill my tent. When I grew last I had 4 plants only, veged them for almost 11 weeks to make sure my tent was full. It wasn’t packed but it was pretty full and it yielded very well. I am definitely happy with how all 4 plants turned out. I have attached a photo with the 1st trellis net installed and you can see that 3 of the plants are up to the net and 3 are just shy of the net. Wanted to flip Sunday but concerned about them not filling the tent. I am in no hurry to flip but do not want to flip late and have way to much going on it the tent. Any advice would be gladly taken. Some say veg longer, some say flip and they will double in height. I didn’t have a 100% plus of height growth during fliolpnon my first grow. Closer to a 50-60% growth in the flower stage.

Thanks for the input.

669F3E38 A86B 4984 B2C2 0B102D861FC3
sambapati

sambapati

11 weeks worked well for you before why not adopt that lucky # and stay the course? The master growers here like @BudGoodman pretty much do the same thing everytime. Great results every time. What % of growth following flip will be strain dependent and vary from 50% on up. My last 2 grows were both 12 months in veg -- aiming for good production. Very happy to get more than 3 oz per plant. Lots of info about changing the lights/darkness at time of flip to influence growth, many said to keep feeding nitrogen for 1 week after flip in the transition. Up 2 U!

R

Robert23howard

11 weeks worked well for you before why not adopt that lucky # and stay the course? The master growers here like @BudGoodman pretty much do the same thing everytime. Great results every time. What % of growth following flip will be strain dependent and vary from 50% on up. My last 2 grows were both 12 months in veg -- aiming for good production. Very happy to get more than 3 oz per plant. Lots of info about changing the lights/darkness at time of flip to influence growth, many said to keep feeding nitrogen for 1 week after flip in the transition. Up 2 U!
You make valid points! I was leaning that way but now reading your reply it solidifies my decision to fill up the tent prior flip. I will continue adding the the Terp Teas through early flower. They are heavy in Nitrogen as you know. Thanks for your feedback. Always look forward to your responses.

R

Robert23howard

3 pictures today, not a bunch going on right now during this part of the grow. Just defoliating a little here and there and spreading them as they are growing into the first trellis. Will keep stretching them until they fill most of the 2 x 2 inches in the tent. Once they are close to filling the tent I will add on the 3 x 3 inch 2nd layer of trellis netting. Will definitely try to fill that layer completely. Several weeks away from that though.

So pic 1 is Thursday when I first put the trellis on.

Pic 2 is of earlier today and you can see they are growing well. Several I am starting to stretch and they are spreading nicely.

Pic 3 is a pic of my brothers 6 girls from yesterday. He has also trellised, shortly after this pic I took. They are really doing well under the Spider Farmer SE3000. He did add a 2nd light yesterday when he was setting his first trellis. He added a 150 watt light. Keeping it really high as to not introduce to much right away. Will save some wattage output when he flips to flower.

96B40DF0 228B 4A03 A9C0 4EA35BE8A83A
74909ED2 2ABC 4931 8579 6302E652A5EF
B39881F5 5408 4755 9BE0 FE08A8B95B0D
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

3 pictures today, not a bunch going on right now during this part of the grow. Just defoliating a little here and there and spreading them as they are growing into the first trellis. Will keep stretching them until they fill most of the 2 x 2 inches in the tent. Once they are close to filling the tent I will add on the 3 x 3 inch 2nd layer of trellis netting. Will definitely try to fill that layer completely. Several weeks away from that though.

So pic 1 is Thursday when I first put the trellis on.

Pic 2 is of earlier today and you can see they are growing well. Several I am starting to stretch and they are spreading nicely.

Pic 3 is a pic of my brothers 6 girls from yesterday. He has also trellised, shortly after this pic I took. They are really doing well under the Spider Farmer SE3000. He did add a 2nd light yesterday when he was setting his first trellis. He added a 150 watt light. Keeping it really high as to not introduce to much right away. Will save some wattage output when he flips to flower.
Looking good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom