2nd grow from seed and looking to document my grow from start to finish. Hoping you will share your girls also along this journey. Happy growing!

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Some more cannabis specific chart

View attachment 1295162
Excellent chart and shows what the range of optimum conditions are. That being said when the next grow comes around I will have to think about how to best bring the water into the air conditioned grow room in time for chilling before feeding. When you understand things like this it makes planning ahead that much more crucial. Funny, you can never plan behind it just doesn't work.@notfrankster appreciate your revealing why dissolved oxygen is so important.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This is all from the brain of @NotFrankster, who is one of the most knowledgeable folks on here regarding biochemical responses in plants. What the alfalfa does is stimulate natural release of Triacnotanol into your grow and all the ancillary benefits (see below). During the grow you can trim the alfalfa and put it in your salad (benefits you) or it adds to a mulch layer for water retention.
Plant senescence is the process of aging in plants. Plants have both stress-induced and age-related developmental aging.

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a plant hormone for most plants; notably cannabis. Which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks. 1-Triacontanol is a natural plant growth regulator. It has been widely used to enhance the yield of various crops around the world, mainly in Asia. Triacontanol is reported to increase the growth of plants by enhancing the rates of photosynthesis, protein biosynthesis, transport of nutrients in a plant and enzyme activity, reducing complex carbohydrates among many other purposes. The fatty alcohol appears to increase the physiological efficiency of plant cells and boost the potential of the cells responsible for the growth and maturity of a plant.

Appear to allow the plant to "ripen longer"

I've been growing alfalfa in my grow up too now; (4% in cuticle waxes) but decided to take this to the next level; since I'm getting satisfactory results. I also occasionally ferment some bees wax/sugars into my mixtures.

Fundamental elements required;
https://www.amazon.com/Polysorbate-...d=1639497013&sprefix=polysorba,aps,220&sr=8-3
www.ebay.com

Add 0.3g of triacontanol to dissolve. (Need to dissolve triacontanol). Plant Growth Regulator. Other informal tests by flower growers show usage as high as 25 ppm had large growth increases.
www.ebay.com

Sometimes I think I should just not be allowed on the web 😟

My bae brings me 2 packages containing the damn shit listed above and I forgot what when why how I got the stuff 😁

@NotFrankster Need your help brotha. Must have gotten preeeety dang baked cause somehow obtained not only the things Samb listed but also a bag of gmo Alfalfa Seeds 🤣

Can you please tell me when you would advise using Triacontanol for best results such as larger flowers? I have 6 plants that are 7 weeks from sprout and I was going to flip them in the next few days. If I am dealing with a bit(ok seems more than a bit) of leaf tacoing would you say that is reason to or not to foliar feed Tria?

R

Robert23howard

Uploaded a picture and this mode just keeps firing out leaf after leaf with no space. Anyone seen that before and if so? Should I cut it as it is very full and I am worried when I flip to flower it may be a place to where mold forms? However it may be like a super bud that comes from it. If anyone has experienced this some advice would be sweet. Thanks in advance.

C436C3CB B561 4B83 868F 0B64C85A5ABC
sambapati

sambapati

Hey PC, This from Maximum yield magazine -- Sounds like you could/should foliar feed but can also water it in directly to the roots (both is OK). I think you can fire away at this point in your grow. @NotFrankster can pipe up from his remote location.
key.svg
KEY TAKEAWAYS
Triacontanol has shown to really improve yields in all plants, but some are skeptical about its use. Chris Bond explores this amendment to better understand its ability to help cannabis crops.
Triacontanol and Growing Cannabis: Miracle or Snake Oil?

As you peruse your favorite trade magazine, online forum, or local hydro-shop looking for the next best amendment to try, it is likely you have encountered the substance Triacontanol. It is not as ubiquitous to growers as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or even pH, but there are many cannabis growers swearing by it. There are numerous online forums, websites, and untold amounts of advertising dollars spent to promote Triacontanol. But what exactly is it? Is it the panacea some make it out to be?

Triacontanol (often abbreviated TRIA) is a naturally occurring alcohol found in the epicuticular (waxy) parts of plants and can even be found in beeswax. For more than 40 years, it has been used in experiments, as it has continually shown promising results on plants. It seems to have a variety of different beneficial effects on a wide range of plants, not just cannabis. Unlike other nutrients that may serve one or a few purposes to a plant, Triacontanol is a substance that can stimulate growth and help plants reach their genetic potential.

Just like any living thing has the biological capability to be the best version of itself, so do plants. A plant’s failure to thrive is not usually a function of faulty seed, but rather a response to other natural and proximal stimuli. Triacontanol is thought to help plants through stressful periods and allow them to reach their botanical destiny. It does this in numerous ways.
Primarily, TRIA significantly increases chlorophyll levels in plant leaves, which in turn improves the amount of photosynthetic activity, creating food for the plant. It has also been shown to improve growth and yields, while improving the uptake of nutrients and water in both “normal” and adverse conditions and trials. On a more molecular level, Triacontanol helps with up-regulation of biological and physiological processes in plants. It also helps with nitrogen fixation, enhances enzyme activities, and increases the flow of free amino acids and soluble proteins. Overall, it helps improve plant disease resistance and reduces the incidence of pest infestation.

There is plenty of research on plant pests and pathogens and what conditions are favorable for their development and success. It is thought that pests, for instance, can “see” plant stress and therefore have an easy meal. Triacontanol can possibly make plants appear “invisible” to pests as they help to stabilize so many vital plant functions. This theory is not yet fully vetted, but may represent part of the reason why TRIA has been shown to be such a symbiotic amendment to healthy plant development and high yields.
(Read also: The Benefits of Adding CO2 During the Cloning Stage)
The amount of actual peer-reviewed field and lab trials of Triacontanol on cannabis crops is limited. But it has been proven to aid many other more traditional crops. Several studies have shown the average yield of grain crops increased by 5-15 per cent with the addition of TRIA treatments. Additionally, oil crop yields were increased by 10-20 per cent and vegetable yields increased between 10 and 40 per cent. Other economically vital crops were increased by 10-15 per cent. Triacontanol also increases plant height, width, and bulk density, which is valuable for plants whose leaves, stems, or shoots are harvested.

R

Robert23howard

3 pics today of mine and 1 of my brothers from Tuesday when I went over to check out his girls.

Last pic is my brothers -
We lifted 2 of his to get ready for flip as they just were much shorter than the others. They came up through the bottom trellis nicely and he has been spreading them as he can. He is not happy with the 4” holes though. Too late now to put his 2” trellis on the bottom so he will have to live with it, lol. He will be in great shape though as his 2nd trellis net is 3” so he can control them a little more before he puts his 3rd layer on that will be 4”. He will just string his 2” every other eye and it will be perfect.

The first 3 of my pictures -
Showing 7 days a part from when I threw the first trellis net in. So I have been stretching for 14 days now. They have really started to cover my bottom trellis. Not where I want to be completely but much closer. I will continue stretching them for next few days and see where we are Sunday. Everyday I seem to stretch a few branches on each plant. Not all of them but definitely a few. Should be able to definitely fill it out by next Wednesday though. That would put me right at 62 - 63 days of Veg which is exactly 9 weeks at 63 days.

My brother and me have started to lollipop them a little here and there for the last 2 weeks. Should be really close to where we need them by flip. We have taken off so many leaves. Just picking heavy every 3 - 4 days usually on feeding days for us. We do pick several a day off them as we go also.

We will keep you updated when we flip the switch to flower. My favorite part of the plants life cycle is coming soon!

C24C9771 297C 48F1 ADB4 34F50F9C94B6
F2EB465F 0A3B 4072 B803 D7D9D258C487
9A306640 FC69 42A7 87BF 26E5636F5EC2
98DEBEFF 8E00 4386 8883 9C7C8621C279
R

Robert23howard

Hello again! So a few pics for this post, 2 of mine and 1 from my brothers grow.

I have added the 2nd trellis to my grow. I am moving from the 2” squares on the first trellis to 3” squares on the 2nd trellis. My brother will get his 2nd trellis in by the weekend. He plans on going to 3” as well for his 2nd layer.

I have lolloipopped them pretty good as you can see in the 2nd picture. I Still have some work to do. Most of the lower foliage is from a few of the clones I have been allowing to stay on each plant. I will decide tomorrow if I am going to clone from them myself. Issue is timing for me as I don’t want to veg them in my 3x3 for 2 months. Just will not have the room or time because I already have purchased seeds for my next grow. No worries though if I do not I have a friend that will come over and grab the clones. I also heavy defoliated them up top as well. Trying to get them ready for the stretch. Wanted to open up all the smaller nodes that are in the upper branches.

3 days ago I have noticed an uptick in Fungas Knats and have started to treat for them. I figure they should be minimized within a week. They are definitely slowing down from yesterday to today. I don’t expect an issue with them as there was just one or two flying around. So I sprayed immediately. Was catching about 4-5 on each strip the past few days and that has went down to 2-3. Will spray them again on Thursday and then every week to two weeks after that.

My brothers girls (last pic), are surely doing well. He also has a few clones on his that he has allowed and those should be gone tomorrow. He did defoliate some prior to this pic but plans on getting in there even better tonight to get them nodes a little more light prior flip tomorrow. Super healthy and ready to stretch that’s for sure. He hasn’t had any Knats this grow. He has watered every 3 or so days the whole way through so far. Plants look great and no pests! Can’t ask for anything better than that. Looking forward to watching these beauties over the next 2 months.

Last pic is bonus bud pic - a little GSC from my last grow. Curing up nicely and smokes pretty well. Been a little over a month in the jars, they were burped properly and in stores in a nice cool dark location. Will start sharing a few buds from my prior grow for the next few posts. This isn’t the best one from that plant just one I grabbed from a jar of the tops from that plant. I know some would trim more but I was new to it and thought that was about good. Didn’t want to cut off all the leaves when I saw a bunch of trichomes on them. Just cut off the parts mostly that didn’t have many.

Thanks for reading!

6532DEF4 EF73 4FF2 B057 04792607C8AD
E0610155 FEA8 45B5 BF91 EEC6CE2A06FB
272339AA 1524 4EBE 8E25 181C92CD2403
36237ECF A6DD 45C5 AA4D B9D3741469FB
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Looking good, nice trimming job on the lower 1/3. The bud looks smoke ready for sure. If you get really crusty sugar leaves you can keep them on to protect from trichomes falling off. Some say they won't smoke sugar leaves....we call them Connie Sewers....they claim too harsh of a taste. This last grow I took a bunch of the leaves and separated them as test joints. Some people who smoked the sugar leaves got completely baked. No one said BOOO about harshness. My .002 only....

R

Robert23howard

Looking good, nice trimming job on the lower 1/3. The bud looks smoke ready for sure. If you get really crusty sugar leaves you can keep them on to protect from trichomes falling off. Some say they won't smoke sugar leaves....we call them Connie Sewers....they claim too harsh of a taste. This last grow I took a bunch of the leaves and separated them as test joints. Some people who smoked the sugar leaves got completely baked. No one said BOOO about harshness. My .002 only....
@sambapati always nice hearing from you! Thank you again for your advice on my trim job and your experiment with the sugar leaves. I can’t wait to get these girls into flower.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hello again! So a few pics for this post, 2 of mine and 1 from my brothers grow.

I have added the 2nd trellis to my grow. I am moving from the 2” squares on the first trellis to 3” squares on the 2nd trellis. My brother will get his 2nd trellis in by the weekend. He plans on going to 3” as well for his 2nd layer.

I have lolloipopped them pretty good as you can see in the 2nd picture. I Still have some work to do. Most of the lower foliage is from a few of the clones I have been allowing to stay on each plant. I will decide tomorrow if I am going to clone from them myself. Issue is timing for me as I don’t want to veg them in my 3x3 for 2 months. Just will not have the room or time because I already have purchased seeds for my next grow. No worries though if I do not I have a friend that will come over and grab the clones. I also heavy defoliated them up top as well. Trying to get them ready for the stretch. Wanted to open up all the smaller nodes that are in the upper branches.

3 days ago I have noticed an uptick in Fungas Knats and have started to treat for them. I figure they should be minimized within a week. They are definitely slowing down from yesterday to today. I don’t expect an issue with them as there was just one or two flying around. So I sprayed immediately. Was catching about 4-5 on each strip the past few days and that has went down to 2-3. Will spray them again on Thursday and then every week to two weeks after that.

My brothers girls (last pic), are surely doing well. He also has a few clones on his that he has allowed and those should be gone tomorrow. He did defoliate some prior to this pic but plans on getting in there even better tonight to get them nodes a little more light prior flip tomorrow. Super healthy and ready to stretch that’s for sure. He hasn’t had any Knats this grow. He has watered every 3 or so days the whole way through so far. Plants look great and no pests! Can’t ask for anything better than that. Looking forward to watching these beauties over the next 2 months.

Last pic is bonus bud pic - a little GSC from my last grow. Curing up nicely and smokes pretty well. Been a little over a month in the jars, they were burped properly and in stores in a nice cool dark location. Will start sharing a few buds from my prior grow for the next few posts. This isn’t the best one from that plant just one I grabbed from a jar of the tops from that plant. I know some would trim more but I was new to it and thought that was about good. Didn’t want to cut off all the leaves when I saw a bunch of trichomes on them. Just cut off the parts mostly that didn’t have many.

Thanks for reading!
great shit man no doubt. both you and your bro have the shiz cookin on full steam. awesome that yall can share that together. is it me or are your tents near set up identical? hard to even tell them apart. what is the white thing to the bottom right that looks like a humidifier? is that what it is or is it your reservoir by chance? have you still been enjoying the blumats?

R

Robert23howard

@PerfecTrader The white thing is my humidifier, good eyes. We add a piece of 2” pvc pipe to them when we switch to flower. We call them our snorkel. We like to keep the humidifier misting above our canopy’s and this allows that to happen. Our tents are very similar. Same things in pretty much both. Just a few small differences, like fans and light size. Once we find something that we like we usually switch to it. We are going to actually add a fan to my brothers tent this week that we like. I found a fan from Walmart for 16 dollars (put the 3 year warranty on it for a couple bucks) that I tried last grow. Not a typical fan you see in a grow tent but it is way better than the others and has way more power. This fan has run for 6 months straight and still going strong. We just put a couple adjustable cables on it and this thing rocks. We put it below the first trellis for the underside of the plants. Definitely enough power for a 5x5 underside and I believe a 4x8 would also only need that one fan underneath.

Blumats - yes I love them so far. Would definitely not have 2 sensors in one 5 gallon pot though. I believe 1 sensor with 3-4 drippers is truly the way to go. Just overkill to have 2 in one pot and most of the time one sensor is dripping and the other doesn’t. Every now and again the other will drip but most of the time one sensor is doing the most dripping and controls the moisture level perfect. I could see using 2 for a ten gallon plus like they advertise.

Thanks for the post.

S

skmdk

Have made a gallon of alfalfa water concentrate, and it smells very much. Thinking it should be watered into the soil mixture for next crop, the mind boggles. Adding 1/2 tsp of spirulina to the water makes the most plentiful green bubbles perfectly illustrating the oxygenation process. Your 2 beans surviving the outdoor blurple experiment so far but our weather has been straight rain. We got into the car to go into town and got as fall as 1 mile away, I turned to my wife and asked permission to turn around.
seriously triacontanol in pure powder form is near free for a years supply
making all this soup how can u
plausibly even remotely get the PPM correct not to mention all the time and effort when for $10 you can buy a shit ton make your it to the ppm you choose

Latest posts

Top Bottom