2nd grow from seed and looking to document my grow from start to finish. Hoping you will share your girls also along this journey. Happy growing!

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert23howard

So what we have here - I am growing 6 for me and 6 for my brothers tent total. Well that was the plan as both our first attempts are finishing their final few weeks of flower prior harvest. So we decided to get a jump on the 2nd grow as we learned so much from our first grows. Hopefully with some time I can even show our first attempts when we move to harvest, dry, and through those ladies curing. But back to the original post, we went to grow 6 a piece and when my brother was floating his seeds he noticed one had 2 tap roots. Never seeing that before we googled and yes they had an answer. Not uncommon but make a choice to keep and separate it or kill off the small girl because if not seperated the big one will usually just choke the roots off from the small one anyways and could stunt the growth of both. So we decided to split and see where it goes. So now we have 7.

I am growing 6 total.

3 - Ethos White Wedding’s
3 - Ethos Candy Store R1’s

My brother - 7 total

4 - Seedsman - Purple Ghost Candy
3 - Seedsman - Tutankhamun

Also will attach a total layout of both tents that I will be using during this grow. Thanks for the read.

2nd grow from seed and looking to document my grow from start to finish  hoping you will shar
Last edited:
R

Robert23howard

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to checking out the progress
Thank you! Please be as interactive as you want to be along this journey. Looking forward to learning through this as much as I did my first grow. Figured I learned as much as I could from other forums and now time to learn more by sharing.

R

Robert23howard

4x4 for 6 plants? I'm interested in how much space you allow for each plant
The reason for the 6 plants, now this in theory because I only grew 4 my last grow. However reading and talking to fellow growers they mention that simply by adding 2 additional plants you can possibly take the veg time down by a couple weeks. More plants need less space to cover the tent makes sense to me. Seeing how I had to purchase 5 seeds per strain I figured even if I screw it up I still have 2 more. Excited to see if that works because taking off a few is definitely intriguing.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Shorter veg time is less yield per plant. I guess it evens out per tent, but smaller plants are smaller plants.

I grow small plants too. I'm not against it

R

Robert23howard

Awesome information and I figured they would definitely not yield as the older 4 in veg but hoping that the same yield for the overall tent would be the same even with the shorter veg time.

R

Robert23howard

What gallon pots will you use? I didn't check to see if you said it
I am debating that actually. Do you have a preference of 3 or 5 gallon pots? Not sure if the 6 plants need 5 five pots for the roots. I will have space for the 5 gallon and currently own 4 of them figured I could just add 2 more and not buy 6 of the 3 gallon. Any help here would be gladly appreciated. This is exactly why I wanted to share this grow. Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

R

Robert23howard

I am debating that actually. Do you have a preference of 3 or 5 gallon pots? Not sure if the 6 plants need 5 five pots for the roots. I will have space for the 5 gallon and currently own 4 of them figured I could just add 2 more and not buy 6 of the 3 gallon. Any help here would be gladly appreciated. This is exactly why I wanted to share this grow. Thank you in advance for any advice on this.
I will buy the 3 gallon if it is definitely the right way to go.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I liked my 5g. I had 3 plants in the 4x4. Still had space to spare. Then I used 1g. I currently have 6 going. 5 Photoperiod and an autoflower. The auto will be gone before the other 5 need the space. It's still a bit tight.

I vegged for I think 9ish weeks

R

Robert23howard

Perfect, I figured it may be a bit tight but should have the room as well.

I have in the AC infinity 4x4

AC Infinity T6
AC Infinity carbon filter
Spider Farmer SE5000 grow light
Govee 6L smart WiFi humidifier
1 - grow buds 6” oscillating fan
1 - 10” $17.00 Walmart special fan for below the trellis fan in which I truly love! Also got the 3 year extended warranty on it, for like 3-4 bucks. It’s a no brainer for me. Will put that exact fan in the 3x3 when I go to Walmart again. Just need to put a few strings on it and let it hang. Used it for the first grow and it is a champion.

Currently in my 3x3

AC infinity 3x3
AC infinity T4

Cheap 150 watt light (60-70 bucks) from amazon. Took that from my brother, thank you very much brother.

Govee 6L smart WiFi humidifier - love this humidifier so much that I bought my brother one for his tent for his Birthday. Everything controlled by my phone. Same goes for the AC infinity T4 and T6 grow tent exhaust fans. Wish I could wifi to these. Nice to look when I am away from home. Can’t though as of now, they are only blutooth. The humidifier is Wi-Fi and I can change it from anywhere.

Small 6” fan from a friend that got a case of them from the flea market.

Do not have a carbon filter for the 3x3 yet. As I have a grow room that I control the Air condition, heat, and have a dehumidifier in their to control the rooms humidity levels as I want.

R

Robert23howard

So just closing them up for the night and check out the progress. Also a bonus photo of my 1st grow in week 7 of flower. It’s not really a bonus photo as it is an accomplishment photo for me to actual make the first one somewhat work. Very fun but challenging to say the least.

So what we have as I said was 13 total now with my brother having that twin.

Results from sticking them in the dirt so far.

My brother started with the 7 and we have now had all at least pop through the dirt or are out. So with some good luck he can go 7 out of 6! Now that there is better than 100% for the mathematicians out there. So far we know 3 are strong and the others are looking perfect as the 2 little round leaves fine that sun.

My 6 -

All have popped and are now showing their first serrated leaves. Not out of the dark yet but looking ok. Not as good as my brother could truly end up but hard to complain with 6 for 6. Hats off to Ethos for developing such good quality. Hey Ethos if for some silly reason you are bored as hell and want to read a novices blog. I hope you find mine at least not horribly wrong and then shoot a brother some bad ass strains. Those suckers I just bought, 4 different types (all bomb from what I am reading, can’t wait to grow them!!!) we’re expensive. Not more than anyone else just still some freebies of great strains is always welcomed. Enough of the ranting for some free shit. So that is the post for the day. Tried to upload a video and it wouldn’t add. Maybe next time.

CB789D9A D726 4828 8B96 DEE65DFF3CC0
9F1B1F0D B652 4095 8F47 8251817DDCD6
36B57312 7C68 4C3F BE4B B1EC27039DF5
R

Robert23howard

Perfect, I figured it may be a bit tight but should have the room as well.

I have in the AC infinity 4x4

AC Infinity T6
AC Infinity carbon filter
Spider Farmer SE5000 grow light
Govee 6L smart WiFi humidifier
1 - grow buds 6” oscillating fan
1 - 10” $17.00 Walmart special fan for below the trellis fan in which I truly love! Also got the 3 year extended warranty on it, for like 3-4 bucks. It’s a no brainer for me. Will put that exact fan in the 3x3 when I go to Walmart again. Just need to put a few strings on it and let it hang. Used it for the first grow and it is a champion.

Currently in my 3x3

AC infinity 3x3
AC infinity T4

Cheap 150 watt light (60-70 bucks) from amazon. Took that from my brother, thank you very much brother.

Govee 6L smart WiFi humidifier - love this humidifier so much that I bought my brother one for his tent for his Birthday. Everything controlled by my phone. Same goes for the AC infinity T4 and T6 grow tent exhaust fans. Wish I could wifi to these. Nice to look when I am away from home. Can’t though as of now, they are only blutooth. The humidifier is Wi-Fi and I can change it from anywhere.

Small 6” fan from a friend that got a case of them from the flea market.

Do not have a carbon filter for the 3x3 yet. As I have a grow room that I control the Air condition, heat, and have a dehumidifier in their to control the rooms humidity levels as I want.
When I said cheap 150 watt light by no means did I mean my brother is cheap when saying that. Was just letting you know you can find cheap 150 watt lights on the internet that do OK! Don’t have to have the latest and greatest. Just don’t have the bells and whistles but perfectly capable of accomplishing the mission. Just get a bit hot so you really have to pay attention to the height. 1st time with this light so I started out high, 34”s then to 30” and then to 28” today. Think this is where I will stay for a bit. Good numbers at that height. Only need it to get them to 3 weeks and we will be moving them into our individual 4x4’s. Will show you his when Inhet over there. He has a sweet setup. So cheap truly meant that it is my favorite price! Cheap as in FREE. Don’t sleep on those deals if you want to grow along during this grow and don’t know what to do.

R

Robert23howard

So today was a little different feeling than going to bed last night. Truly thought we may go 13 plants (one seed had twins) for 12 seeds but that isn’t going to happen. The smaller of the twins didn’t make it through transplant unfortunately. Could we have waited longer to separate - maybe, should we have plucked it and kept moving - maybe, or could we have waited a extra day before separating - maybe again? I am sure there are a bunch of different opinions but we went with our best guess, because that is exactly what it was and the result is what it is. The dominant twin from the Purple Ghost candy is doing well.

My brother planted 3 of the Purple Ghost Candy in total and as I type we may only get the dominant twin to make it from that strain. The other 2 seeds, 1 - poked through the dirt just a little piece of the stem and I noticed that it looked very similar as the smaller twin. The bend in the stem was much smaller than the base tap root. Sort of looked like the it chocked itself out trying to get through the dirt. That one is not going to make it. Will give it tonight and move on tomorrow if it doesn’t respond. My brother decided to throw another seed in (a 4th Tutankhamun) some water and get another going to replace that one. Which we both believe will need to be replaced. His 3rd seed was not doing much so I dug down carefully and saw that the seed was split and the leaves were sticking out of it. I tried to put a drop of water on it and noticed when I did that the seed somewhat spun and I saw the tap root. The tap root was roughly the length of 2 seeds. I repositioned the seed and am hoping that now with the seed above the soil and the 2 small round leaves actually being above the soil (they have not fully opened up yet) that they will push out of the seed and that tap root will get growing down to give it a base.

My brothers other 3 - Tutankhamun’s are all up and doing well. They are healthy and should make it the rest of the way through harvest we hope.

My 6 - are all now getting a tad bigger and most of them their first set of serrated leaves are logger than the little round ones. Temperatures are still OK, running around 75.5 day and 68 when the light goes off. Humidity today ranged from 64 to 55%.

So we are as of now 10 for 12 and a “Possible”. That is the day and now time for bed.

2809632E 82FD 43EB 8279 EB7C707B87C1
Madmax

Madmax

How long are you considering vegging,i veg 5 weeks from seed and 6 plants can take up all all of the 5x4 area i use running 4 gals..if you are going to veg less id suggest 3 gal should b good

R

Robert23howard

How long are you considering vegging,i veg 5 weeks from seed and 6 plants can take up all all of the 5x4 area i use running 4 gals..if you are going to veg less id suggest 3 gal should b good
Thank you for the post Madmax, I was thinking of vegging for roughly 5 weeks also. I do understand the value of a healthy rooting system and also am trying to figure out the best size pots that would allow watering to be as efficient as possible. I have been reading and see that many growers are only watering every other day. On my 1st run I water every day and the grow seems to be doing ok for the 1st try. I have also read on many sites that is you water as often as I have been, there is a chance the rooting system doesn’t stretch as much because it isn’t searching for water and could stunt the size. So the biggest question is does the size of the pot and watering of that size pot make for a better grow in your experience? I do not mind watering every day as I am enjoying growing but would really like to maximize that entire process. I did and still do worry about over or under watering and would love to know the best way. I am growing in soil (roots organic). Thank you for the advice in advance.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thank you for the post Madmax, I was thinking of vegging for roughly 5 weeks also. I do understand the value of a healthy rooting system and also am trying to figure out the best size pots that would allow watering to be as efficient as possible. I have been reading and see that many growers are only watering every other day. On my 1st run I water every day and the grow seems to be doing ok for the 1st try. I have also read on many sites that is you water as often as I have been, there is a chance the rooting system doesn’t stretch as much because it isn’t searching for water and could stunt the size. So the biggest question is does the size of the pot and watering of that size pot make for a better grow in your experience? I do not mind watering every day as I am enjoying growing but would really like to maximize that entire process. I did and still do worry about over or under watering and would love to know the best way. I am growing in soil (roots organic). Thank you for the advice in advance.
I’ll let max chime in on his advice, but I personally grow in an organic vegetable soil. I didn’t need to add any nutes through the whole veg cycle of 4 weeks. I am in a 5 gallon pot with only about 4 gallons of soil and I only water when the pot is light (which is around every 3 days). Mine will take around 1-1.25 gallons before run off happens. I haven’t had any issues with roots, overwatering or under watering. The best judgement for water is the finger 2 inch down test + the lift method.

R

Robert23howard

Schwifty, I would like to know more about soil as well. I by no means am stuck to growing in the roots organic. I actually have not bought the soil yet for my 2nd grow other than the little I had left from the first that I planted the seeds in. I did like it but there are only enough nutes in that coco based soil for roughly 10 days up to 21 but most sites I read they start adding nutes around day 10. What organic did you use by the way? Would love to use the best premade as I don’t want to mess with making my own at this time. Would rather purchase one already mixed by someone much smarter than me right now.

Also thank you on the advice on the pots and watering. Looking forward to learning more.

Top Bottom