2nd grow from seed and looking to document my grow from start to finish. Hoping you will share your girls also along this journey. Happy growing!

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert23howard

based on the pictures. it feels like the intensity of the lightis is to much for those seedlings.
Hi PK1, what can you see that I am missing to say the intensity of the light is to high? I would love to learn more. I have them under a 150 watt light that is roughly 30 inches from the top of the plants. I usually run anywhere between 71-75 degrees during lights on.

R

Robert23howard

Hi PK1, what can you see that I am missing to say the intensity of the light is to high? I would love to learn more. I have them under a 150 watt light that is roughly 30 inches from the top of the plants. I usually run anywhere between 71-75 degrees during lights on.
I also saw the leaves bending a little, but I truly thought I had the fan on to high. So I turned it down but haven’t seen a change. I did take the light up about 3”s as soon as I read your comment though. Maybe should take it higher?

R

Robert23howard

Well I have missed the last few days of posting on my grow so here is a catch up. I harvested my first ever grow on this past Saturday. Excited and nervous all at the same time, excited to have finished and nervous if I cut them down at the correct time. I looked at them several times a day and believe that the trichomes were at the desired color for my liking.

I have attached a few catch up pics.

1 - is a pic of the little ones in their forever pots (5gallon).

1 - is a pic of last Saturday when I first moved them into the 4X4 after cutting the other plants down.

82B0A0C6 5BE7 403A 9A46 F0F63F0DD9C8
385D4F7B DDF0 4D19 9575 3C7467DE4B67
R

Robert23howard

Topped them yesterday and they look like they didn’t even notice it. They are looking very healthy. I topped them at their third node, were growing theirs 4th when I topped down to the third. Attached 2 pics of them below. I currently have my Spider Farmer 24”s from the top of the canopy, 80% light power, 77% at the top canopy, and 58-63% humidity.

My brother will get his plants out into his tent on Sunday. We will hopefully be taking down his current tent prior and putting his new Gorilla 4x4 in its place. Will take a video of his set up hopefully then.

537E63B1 3E0F 4F52 AC0A 271FC3526E76
R

Robert23howard

Topped them yesterday and they look like they didn’t even notice it. They are looking very healthy. I topped them at their third node, were growing theirs 4th when I topped down to the third. Attached 2 pics of them below. I currently have my Spider Farmer 24”s from the top of the canopy, 80% light power, 77% at the top canopy, and 58-63% humidity.

My brother will get his plants out into his tent on Sunday. We will hopefully be taking down his current tent prior and putting his new Gorilla 4x4 in its place. Will take a video of his set up hopefully then.
Somehow this pic didn’t upload.

CAF2716E A42C 471E 8BA7 17A9F7354DB1
R

Robert23howard

Just wanted to correct that tutankhamon breeder is pyramid seeds not seedsman, growed once that auto version. Plant and diary looking good keep going! 🙂
Gotcha! Thanks for that correction. I didn’t actually see the seed bag myself as they were planted by my brother at his home. He brought them over in the little small pots. I just knew he purchased them from Seedsman seeds. Sorry for the confusion on my end.

Thank you as well for commenting and about my plants. Looking forward to this one so please chime in as often as you have time.

R

Robert23howard

So the topping went well, they are again growing everyday by a bunch. Looks like all six may have all 6 of the nodes produce nice branches. Probably going to top them a 2nd time, back to the top 2 nodes on the main 2 colas. So that will give me 8 main stems and then if each give me say 3 other secondary branches that will ideally give me the 144 tops I am shooting for. Going to try to get rid of anything else. Definitely could have done better on that my first grow.

My brother did set up his tent today and came and picked up his 5 plants. We were shooting for 6 seeds but the long and skinny of that story is - He said he was going to plant 8 seeds just to make sure he got his 6 plants. He went with only planting six and then when a few (2) didn’t pop he fought the catch up game and tried a few more one at a time until it got to late for us to stay on our target flip date, so he is going with the 5. They are all healthy and look great.

I have inserted a small video to show you mine plants new home for the next 2 1/2 months or so. You have probably seen it before but not with just my 6. 5 of them are responding well and one of the Candy Store R1’s looks fine but just not as happy as the other 2 Candy Store’s. We will keep monitoring it but it should really be fine. Going to throw some Fish shit on it tomorrow and some Recharge.

Other pic is a one of my first grow drying in my room. That there is also my mean cat. Just in case someone tries to get into my stash to early. Lol

Lots of space issues here as I made a few mistakes on timing and drying. I truly thought I was going to dry in my 3x3 but the way I choose to dry was to cut beaches off and that became a space problem. Will have to deal with that, for now it will be fine. As soon as this is dried I will rearrange that room and fix this space problem. I am able to maintain everything in that room as I have it now around 66 degrees in the room, and the humidity level fluctuates between 53-57%.

98B9A929 BAD2 46A0 ABCF 30B0B0AE8B69
R

Robert23howard

WAIT til you see this monster! Wow, is all I can say!!!

So several pics attached here. The first 3 pics is of my brothers sweet setup. We got him 6 in his tent now for his grow. Really looking forward to seeing this one. He has 3 - Tuts, 1 - Purple Queen, 1 - Purple Ghost Candy, and his final is a Grand Daddy Purp.

Now for this 7’ monster - it is in a 100 gallon pot just to give you an idea of how big this thing is. The one pic is before we defoliated it some and the other is after. The buds are longer than my arm. I always wanted to see a true 2 plus pound plant. It is a Grand Daddy Purp that was full of trichomes. Probably 2 weeks away from harvest time. When I looped it the amber trichomes were just starting. Roughly 3-5% from what we saw. Just a monster of a plant.

The last 2 pics are of mine. 1 from a day ago and prior it’s first small defoliation. The other is from today after a little defoliating. Planning on opening her up when I get back from a quick trip. Should do it Sunday and will update on the after. Also may top it again on Sunday.

C8B3F7FF 44D9 4119 89BC FF051B1AF6C0
F2AA5950 6B1C 4151 AB67 2D5AA7F348A6
431BE55C 54E0 4F58 8711 16D144005077
D373AE4C 2E03 49DE A90B 7F4D4B28B7F0
5A88F4D7 7663 49A7 95EC F92A5CB6D595
ADD97004 6D19 402C BFC9 0370310ACC07
3E559AC7 BB7D 4B7E 92B0 0874D938A312
R

Robert23howard

So I have been slammed! My first grow is dried and We got that all put away. To say I am happy with that grow would be an understatement. Many have smoke it just simply dried and they are extremely happy. Can’t wait for them to try this one once we get finished.

Below are the 2 pictures of my tent today. Getting closer to being able to flip them. Still shooting for somewhere around the 3rd to the 5th. That will make them roughly 5 1/2 weeks old. Still only have topped them once, and that was at the third node. So I will be topping them for the 2nd time probably tomorrow or Thursday.
I will top all 6 branches, the 2 main colas and the very first nodes which are also starting to leaf for their 4th set will be topped at the third nodes, the 2nd set of nodes which shot up when I topped them the first time will be topped at their 4th nodes as they are starting on their 5th.

Busy, busy, with this and work and trimming and this and that as all of you are also. But I will
Do better going through the next week in later veg and into trellising early in preflower. Plan on using a triple trellis for this one. They should be pretty nice from where these are compared to my last with only 4 plants.

Thanks for catching up. Post again as soon as I top for the 2nd time.

D785B6BE AE68 41AB BFE5 9C988632A09D
A54F51AF F825 4170 AA64 E4C96CDB7112
M

Mcprp

So what we have here - I am growing 6 for me and 6 for my brothers tent total. Well that was the plan as both our first attempts are finishing their final few weeks of flower prior harvest. So we decided to get a jump on the 2nd grow as we learned so much from our first grows. Hopefully with some time I can even show our first attempts when we move to harvest, dry, and through those ladies curing. But back to the original post, we went to grow 6 a piece and when my brother was floating his seeds he noticed one had 2 tap roots. Never seeing that before we googled and yes they had an answer. Not uncommon but make a choice to keep and separate it or kill off the small girl because if not seperated the big one will usually just choke the roots off from the small one anyways and could stunt the growth of both. So we decided to split and see where it goes. So now we have 7.

I am growing 6 total.

3 - Ethos White Wedding’s
3 - Ethos Candy Store R1’s

My brother - 7 total

4 - Seedsman - Purple Ghost Candy
3 - Seedsman - Tutankhamun

Also will attach a total layout of both tents that I will be using during this grow. Thanks for the read.
So what we have here - I am growing 6 for me and 6 for my brothers tent total. Well that was the plan as both our first attempts are finishing their final few weeks of flower prior harvest. So we decided to get a jump on the 2nd grow as we learned so much from our first grows. Hopefully with some time I can even show our first attempts when we move to harvest, dry, and through those ladies curing. But back to the original post, we went to grow 6 a piece and when my brother was floating his seeds he noticed one had 2 tap roots. Never seeing that before we googled and yes they had an answer. Not uncommon but make a choice to keep and separate it or kill off the small girl because if not seperated the big one will usually just choke the roots off from the small one anyways and could stunt the growth of both. So we decided to split and see where it goes. So now we have 7. I am growing 6 total. 3 - Ethos White Wedding’s 3 - Ethos Candy Store R1’s My brother - 7 total 4 - Seedsman - Purple Ghost Candy 3 - Seedsman - Tutankhamun Also will attach a total layout of both tents that I will be using during this grow. Thanks for the read.
Schwifty, I would like to know more about soil as well. I by no means am stuck to growing in the roots organic. I actually have not bought the soil yet for my 2nd grow other than the little I had left from the first that I planted the seeds in. I did like it but there are only enough nutes in that coco based soil for roughly 10 days up to 21 but most sites I read they start adding nutes around day 10. What organic did you use by the way? Would love to use the best premade as I don’t want to mess with making my own at this time. Would rather purchase one already mixed by someone much smarter than me right now. Also thank you on the advice on the pots and watering. Looking forward to learning more.
So what we have here - I am growing 6 for me and 6 for my brothers tent total. Well that was the plan as both our first attempts are finishing their final few weeks of flower prior harvest. So we decided to get a jump on the 2nd grow as we learned so much from our first grows. Hopefully with some time I can even show our first attempts when we move to harvest, dry, and through those ladies curing. But back to the original post, we went to grow 6 a piece and when my brother was floating his seeds he noticed one had 2 tap roots. Never seeing that before we googled and yes they had an answer. Not uncommon but make a choice to keep and separate it or kill off the small girl because if not seperated the big one will usually just choke the roots off from the small one anyways and could stunt the growth of both. So we decided to split and see where it goes. So now we have 7. I am growing 6 total. 3 - Ethos White Wedding’s 3 - Ethos Candy Store R1’s My brother - 7 total 4 - Seedsman - Purple Ghost Candy 3 - Seedsman - Tutankhamun Also will attach a total layout of both tents that I will be using during this grow. Thanks for the read.

BD95083A D7CE 4687 81FC 4F7A2FF9BCFC
R

Robert23howard

Let’s catch up! Wednesday I did top all 6 nodes on each plant. That’s the first picture as I was either finished or just about. Got smoked up that evening on some of my curing weed and truly forgot. Anyways, I added some Blue and Green Terp Teas as a top dress and watered them in really well.

They bounced right back and are doing great so I went ahead and defoliated them some today and gave them a half watering because much of the top dressing Terp teas still has to get down in the soil some. They truly could have waited a day and got a full watering but seeing how I took a decent amount of leaves I figured a little more Nutrients wouldn’t hurt. Took some while and a few hours after pictures and they are responding like they never missed a beat. Should be on schedule to flip them later next week. Looking for those 12 main stems will produce just a couple great branches and that should ideally take up my 144 - 4 inch squares that will be on my third trellis net. Much later in flower of course.

The next pic is of my brothers plants and today we tied one of his larger plants down. First time for us but it came out tremendous. We also topped for the 2nd time the majority of his plants today. I saw a technique to push out the tiny middle portion of the main cola and it was even less stress on the plant than cutting as well as you do not lose any of the new growth by back cutting to the prior node. So my brother was gracious enough to allow me to try with his beautiful plants. I tried the first and got a little nervous so we cut it back as we would have if we simply just topped it again. So no harm no foul. But I practiced on that piece as it was now off the plant and figured it out. So I proceeded to finish that plant and then all 6 nodes on the final plant. Pretty cool to feel it just kind of snap right out of the center. Worth a shot to see if it works but I believe it will just fine from inspecting them after.

Last pic is a bud pic that I wanted to add. Yes it can be trimmed up better but that was my first time and was very happy with that. It weighed in at a little over 5 grams and I know Incan do better this time. Thanks for reading as always. Please send some pics of your grow and what stage they are in. Always fun seeing others grows. T

78B0F2F5 4015 4416 A369 99346BA17178
E6CD355D 8507 400A 965E 2B74A3B1E2ED
3F8EBA5D 4AFD 4CE1 8E85 94B028F30B2F
76AB5A4E 9E1F 4EA8 A179 F57C7100A201
D9F4A3CC DDA0 49BC BAA4 8959EECC6AEE
46AC37F2 2FBB 40E4 8751 27B4BA00A618
F8F4CCC0 4C79 44CE B1E8 443D814204B2
sambapati

sambapati

So the topping went well, they are again growing everyday by a bunch. Looks like all six may have all 6 of the nodes produce nice branches. Probably going to top them a 2nd time, back to the top 2 nodes on the main 2 colas. So that will give me 8 main stems and then if each give me say 3 other secondary branches that will ideally give me the 144 tops I am shooting for. Going to try to get rid of anything else. Definitely could have done better on that my first grow.

My brother did set up his tent today and came and picked up his 5 plants. We were shooting for 6 seeds but the long and skinny of that story is - He said he was going to plant 8 seeds just to make sure he got his 6 plants. He went with only planting six and then when a few (2) didn’t pop he fought the catch up game and tried a few more one at a time until it got to late for us to stay on our target flip date, so he is going with the 5. They are all healthy and look great.

I have inserted a small video to show you mine plants new home for the next 2 1/2 months or so. You have probably seen it before but not with just my 6. 5 of them are responding well and one of the Candy Store R1’s looks fine but just not as happy as the other 2 Candy Store’s. We will keep monitoring it but it should really be fine. Going to throw some Fish shit on it tomorrow and some Recharge.

Other pic is a one of my first grow drying in my room. That there is also my mean cat. Just in case someone tries to get into my stash to early. Lol

Lots of space issues here as I made a few mistakes on timing and drying. I truly thought I was going to dry in my 3x3 but the way I choose to dry was to cut beaches off and that became a space problem. Will have to deal with that, for now it will be fine. As soon as this is dried I will rearrange that room and fix this space problem. I am able to maintain everything in that room as I have it now around 66 degrees in the room, and the humidity level fluctuates between 53-57%.
Luring the mice with well hung cannabis trick again? U could put some alfalfa seeds or something for cover...

R

Robert23howard

Luring the mice with well hung cannabis trick again? U could put some alfalfa seeds or something for cover...
Alfalfa seeds, can you explain more on that please? Is that for just cover or does that help with other things? Thank you for the response.

Yeap, that old cat would love some exercise and excitement. Lol

sambapati

sambapati

Alfalfa seeds, can you explain more on that please? Is that for just cover or does that help with other things? Thank you for the response.

Yeap, that old cat would love some exercise and excitement. Lol

This is all from the brain of @NotFrankster, who is one of the most knowledgeable folks on here regarding biochemical responses in plants. What the alfalfa does is stimulate natural release of Triacnotanol into your grow and all the ancillary benefits (see below). During the grow you can trim the alfalfa and put it in your salad (benefits you) or it adds to a mulch layer for water retention.
Plant senescence is the process of aging in plants. Plants have both stress-induced and age-related developmental aging.

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a plant hormone for most plants; notably cannabis. Which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks. 1-Triacontanol is a natural plant growth regulator. It has been widely used to enhance the yield of various crops around the world, mainly in Asia. Triacontanol is reported to increase the growth of plants by enhancing the rates of photosynthesis, protein biosynthesis, transport of nutrients in a plant and enzyme activity, reducing complex carbohydrates among many other purposes. The fatty alcohol appears to increase the physiological efficiency of plant cells and boost the potential of the cells responsible for the growth and maturity of a plant.

Appear to allow the plant to "ripen longer"

I've been growing alfalfa in my grow up too now; (4% in cuticle waxes) but decided to take this to the next level; since I'm getting satisfactory results. I also occasionally ferment some bees wax/sugars into my mixtures.

Fundamental elements required;
https://www.amazon.com/Polysorbate-...d=1639497013&sprefix=polysorba,aps,220&sr=8-3
https://www.thcfarmer.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.einvalid.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FOiQAAOSwaShhUn2m%2Fs-l400.jpg&hash=7a4e6e312f43a424441c741019547b25&return_error=1
Add 0.3g of triacontanol to dissolve. (Need to dissolve triacontanol). Plant Growth Regulator. Other informal tests by flower growers show usage as high as 25 ppm had large growth increases.
www.ebay.com

R

Robert23howard

This is all from the brain of @NotFrankster, who is one of the most knowledgeable folks on here regarding biochemical responses in plants. What the alfalfa does is stimulate natural release of Triacnotanol into your grow and all the ancillary benefits (see below). During the grow you can trim the alfalfa and put it in your salad (benefits you) or it adds to a mulch layer for water retention.
Plant senescence is the process of aging in plants. Plants have both stress-induced and age-related developmental aging.

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a plant hormone for most plants; notably cannabis. Which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks. 1-Triacontanol is a natural plant growth regulator. It has been widely used to enhance the yield of various crops around the world, mainly in Asia. Triacontanol is reported to increase the growth of plants by enhancing the rates of photosynthesis, protein biosynthesis, transport of nutrients in a plant and enzyme activity, reducing complex carbohydrates among many other purposes. The fatty alcohol appears to increase the physiological efficiency of plant cells and boost the potential of the cells responsible for the growth and maturity of a plant.

Appear to allow the plant to "ripen longer"

I've been growing alfalfa in my grow up too now; (4% in cuticle waxes) but decided to take this to the next level; since I'm getting satisfactory results. I also occasionally ferment some bees wax/sugars into my mixtures.

Fundamental elements required;
https://www.amazon.com/Polysorbate-...d=1639497013&sprefix=polysorba,aps,220&sr=8-3
www.ebay.com

Add 0.3g of triacontanol to dissolve. (Need to dissolve triacontanol). Plant Growth Regulator. Other informal tests by flower growers show usage as high as 25 ppm had large growth increases.
www.ebay.com
Thank you for the knowledge. I am going to look into that for sure. I have ordered the Blumats Tropf system with plenty of accessories and it should be here this week coming. May get that thing dialed in and throw some Alfalfa in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom