2nd grow kicking off - zkittlez and wedding cake

• Thread starter Ethansgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ethansgarden

Ethansgarden

What’s up everybody! Kicking off my 2nd grow after learning a TON of mistakes with my first.

So I have femanized Zkittlez I got from Growers Choice in Cali. The Wedding Cake is from an ounce I bought, but hear me out. I’ve had plenty of bag seeds before. But in this, I got 30 seeds from an ounce, all 30 being mature, dark, striped seeds. Is this from a hermie plant? The bud was still super dank, never would’ve guessed it had seeds or had been pollinated. I read online that hermie seeds are 85% female, is there any issues growing with them?

Either way, I planted x3 of my Zkittlez and x3 WC. Tomorrow they hit 2 weeks. I germed in a cup/ paper towel then into starter cubes in a dome. 5 days after sprouting I put them in 4” pot with Mother Earth groundswell under a 100w CFL in a closet. 78 degrees with 40% humidity (not ideal but what the room is) on 18/6. I water about every 3 days with just a bit of runoff (this soil has a ton of perlite) with 6.3-6.7 PH and Hydroguard.

They look to be doing well. One has some twisted leaves (due to wind maybe?) and another is kinda deformed due to seed not coming off and first set of leaves dying before cotylidons opened.

I have a 60x32x80 tent that currently has 2 females 3 weeks into flower from my first grow with bag seeds. Puts me in a pickle, so I’m sure I’m gonna have to get a 2nd tent. Hoping to do my new plants right and hopefully have some decent results.

Input is welcome, I’m learning all I can in how to be successful! ✌🏻

2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake
2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake 2
2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake 3
2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake 4
2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake 5
2nd grow kicking off   zkittlez and wedding cake 6
Ethansgarden

Ethansgarden

They hit 3 weeks 2 days ago, and yesterday I finally got em under a Viparspectra 1000 LED 100W. They were behind on pot up and more light due to me being at the hospital having a baby. But they’re doing good in 1 gallon of Ocean Forest. 4x4 tent comes in today and they should start thriving!

6F0966FC 6B59 4D57 B8DC 821C176CFA79
Ethansgarden

Ethansgarden

We’re out of the closet and into a 4x4. The Zkittlez (lighter green) got topped and one fan leaf removed to bring in some light. Leaving the wedding cake for now. And still unsure about the 2 damaged plants. I will probably put the Zkittlez in a one gallon like the others and scrap the one with twisted leaves. Then just add more light as necessary!

F78910C5 DA33 4DA1 82D3 594F10D22AE9
0EBCA3A4 F1D8 464A 954B 00533DD22D19
WeBeGrowinMon

WeBeGrowinMon

Good luck with the grow! Just wrapped up my Zkittles grow. Smells waaaaay too good.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How are you feeding and watering?
And what are you feeding and watering?

WeBeGrowinMon

WeBeGrowinMon

How are you feeding and watering?
And what are you feeding and watering?
Well I just harvested a week ago but during veg, I was feeding every 3 days growing in coco. Plants would get cal mag/silica and Canna Coco A & B. The amounts ranged from 3-5 ml per gal for the silica/cal mag throughout the grow (except 1 week flush prior to harvest) The Coco A&B varied much greater from 2-8ml / gal depending on the time into the grow. The only other nutrients I used was Canna pk 13/14…they recommend using it once during like week 4/5 of flowering or something, but I opted to do a much lower dosing each feeding for 2 weeks as I read a lot about people burning their plants by doing the recommended dose.
So all that was used was:
Canna Coco A&B
Canna pk 13/14
Cal mag
Silica
Ph up/down

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well I just harvested a week ago but during veg, I was feeding every 3 days growing in coco. Plants would get cal mag/silica and Canna Coco A & B. The amounts ranged from 3-5 ml per gal for the silica/cal mag throughout the grow (except 1 week flush prior to harvest) The Coco A&B varied much greater from 2-8ml / gal depending on the time into the grow. The only other nutrients I used was Canna pk 13/14…they recommend using it once during like week 4/5 of flowering or something, but I opted to do a much lower dosing each feeding for 2 weeks as I read a lot about people burning their plants by doing the recommended dose.
So all that was used was:
Canna Coco A&B
Canna pk 13/14
Cal mag
Silica
Ph up/down
That sounds pretty good. What was your average pH?

WeBeGrowinMon

WeBeGrowinMon

That sounds pretty good. What was your average pH?
It was typically within 5.9-6.1, I’d try to do a flush with just some cal mag and Silvia every two weeks or so to keep from any build up. Should start be able to smoke it in a few days. The Canna butter I made with it came out awesome

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It was typically within 5.9-6.1, I’d try to do a flush with just some cal mag and Silvia every two weeks or so to keep from any build up. Should start be able to smoke it in a few days. The Canna butter I made with it came out awesome
I bet. Sounds finger lickin good!

Top Bottom