2nd Grow - Magnum 357 - OG Kush

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hello fellow Green Thumbs.

I have been lurking here for quite a while and finally decided it was time to start a journal here as well as RIU.

I just completed my first Legal grow and I quite enjoyed myself. The whole experience went really well for me and I really like all the information we can share on a busy forum like THC Farmer.

So for this grow I will be using a single 357 Magnum LED in a 2x2x5.25 tent. I have 2 OG Kush clones I cut from my last batch. I am planning to do a SCROG this time and I think I will pick up some large Air-Pots tomorrow. I beleive with what I have learned and and some changes I will yield better off 2 plants this round then the 4 I had last time.

I will take some picture of the 2 little ones tomorrow after I transplant but for now I will give you guys a quick run down of my last grow to keep you entertained until I got new stuff to post.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Alright, well as promised here is a nice stash of Pictures for everyone now that my camera is back. Think I will take them out for clearer shots tomorrow but for tonight I am beat.

Here you will see my little homemade Clone Box, my Tent, my Nutes and my homade Carbon Filter. Enjoy.

Just to update the count we have:

Tent:
2x OG Kush Clones
2x Mystery Bagseed Plants

Clone Box:

3x Bagseed Clones
2x OG Kush Clones
1x Juicy Fruit/NL/Skunk cross sprout (starting for a friend)
2x Juicy NL/Skunk cross sprouts (starting for a friend)
1x Juicy NL/Buddha cross sprouts (starting for a friend)
2x Blueberry Skunk sprouts (starting for a friend)

Started giving the big girls some Kool Bloom and Floracious Plus couple days ago. The ladies didn't start off in ideal conditions but they have come a long way since.

Day 32 of Flower

Nutes

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well as promised got them out of bed for a little photo shoot. Did a little cleaning up of some of the areas that were not getting life. I am planning on doing only 2 next run. I originally started with 3 Seedlings and figured 1 or 2 would be Male and as it turned out only 1 was male. Long before I could tell sex my buddy offered me the 2 OG clones so I ended up with 4 ladies. Think I may go straight OG the next run but we'll have to see what Mystery Bagseed turns out like.

Any way here are the usual suspects.

Day 33 of Flower

Dunge

Dunge

Care to report on how your first run with the Magnum yielded?
There are many of us almost ready to pull the trigger on an LED purchase, but those prices are still out of reach without confidence that the lights yield far better than equivalent watts of HPS.
I go from site to site and just never can find pertinent information about these lamps.
Click on product details and actual power draw or unit size or any number of "details" are missing. This does not inspire confidence.

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

advancedledlights.com check em out I bought a 360watt now the dude has some diamond series lights that are cheaper amd way more intense. Im happy with my light.. extremely happy

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

There are many of us almost ready to pull the trigger on an LED purchase, but those prices are still out of reach without confidence that the lights yield far better than equivalent watts of HPS.
I go from site to site and just never can find pertinent information about these lamps.
Click on product details and actual power draw or unit size or any number of "details" are missing. This does not inspire confidence.

buy nothing less that 3 watt diodes. bridgelux or cree are both made in america and are very bright. advancedledlights.com has more info good luck with your LED purchase

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

Alright, well as promised here is a nice stash of Pictures for everyone now that my camera is back. Think I will take them out for clearer shots tomorrow but for tonight I am beat.

Here you will see my little homemade Clone Box, my Tent, my Nutes and my homade Carbon Filter. Enjoy.

Just to update the count we have:

Tent:
2x OG Kush Clones
2x Mystery Bagseed Plants

Clone Box:

3x Bagseed Clones
2x OG Kush Clones
1x Juicy Fruit/NL/Skunk cross sprout (starting for a friend)
2x Juicy NL/Skunk cross sprouts (starting for a friend)
1x Juicy NL/Buddha cross sprouts (starting for a friend)
2x Blueberry Skunk sprouts (starting for a friend)

Started giving the big girls some Kool Bloom and Floracious Plus couple days ago. The ladies didn't start off in ideal conditions but they have come a long way since.

Day 32 of Flower

View attachment 165341

View attachment 165342

View attachment 165343

View attachment 165344

View attachment 165345

View attachment 165346

View attachment 165347

View attachment 165348

View attachment 165349

View attachment 165350

View attachment 165352

View attachment 165353

View attachment 165354

View attachment 165355

View attachment 165356

View attachment 165357

View attachment 165358

View attachment 165359

View attachment 165360

View attachment 165361

View attachment 165362

View attachment 165363

I love the little clone/veg box youve made.. is the fan ample enough to keep it cool?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

I love the little clone/veg box youve made.. is the fan ample enough to keep it cool?

Yeah for sure. The room Temperature is about 72F and the fan is a 110CFM so it pulls pretty well in that size box, the floros aren't all that big so they really don't generate much heat.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Sorry it is taking me so long to post my whole first grow guys. I wanted to post it in sections and keep it organized but seems every post has to be approved I guess until I have made enough posts to be trusted. Should have the complete first grow and some new shots of the current grow late tonight.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey Dunge, I hear ya man, I was in the same boat and sat and read forums all day long because HID just wan't really an option for me so I was really hoping LED technology would be worth it. Then eventually I said "*&@# it!" and took the plunge.

As you will see later tonight my final Yield off only one Magnum was 153g which works out to 0.85g/w and this is my first grow ever. Also one of my 4 plants was quite the runt, in later pics you will see I had to tie up it's buds cause the stems weren't strong enough to support the weight.

I will save most of the details for later as I wrote most of this in the post I will be updating here tonight.

If you are in the market I would hold out until October because I know tthe Magnum guys have a few new models on the way. I can't speak to the quality of the other brands but I certainly agree that I wouldn't even really look at anything with less the 3w LED chips. I think a lot of people got turned off by some low quality UFOs back when LED started getting popular but I think now the technology is right there now.

It still baffles me how only 180w of power produced me all this goodness, meanwhile my computer has a 1500w powersupply....haha ye I game.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well guys small update. Sorry for the pics being so so quality I was in a bit of a rush. So I switched my hanging for my lights over to chain. I used to have Yo Yo's but they really dont go very high, so much wasted wire at the top that they don't real in.

Also my 2 OG Kush are way shorter then my 2 Bagseed so I proped up the OGs with a little adjustable Dish Rack I picked up at Walmart a month ago. I used to have all the plants on 2 of these racks to make flushing easier but one of the dishrack feet pierced my trays so discontinued that setup. I now have it 2 trays thick so shouldn't be any further piercing as the trays feel more sturdy now. I now have a pretty level canopy so I am much happier.

Day 39 of Flower

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well brought out the ladies earlier today and cleaned up their playpen. Took some decent pics of them. Enjoy!

Day 41 of Flower

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well I did a good flush yesterday as we are getting close to the end. Had to tie some of the buds to the top of the tent as some are getting to heavy for their branches.

Also I recently ran into debate about when the "Flower Period" officially begins. I had always said since the first day of 12/12 but seems a lot of people say as of first pistils. So anywhere previous in this journal where it says what day of Flower it is, that means since 12/12 switch.

Day 62 Since 12/12

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Alright guys

After a long night of work on Day 75 since 12/12 switch I have completed Harvest and wait on the dry and then cure process.

Not sure how much I might end up with but I must say I am quite happy with the results as I really didn't put much effort into this and as stated before I started with less then ample conditions.

That being said I did not run into any major issues and I have now set the low end of a benchmark for myself and learned a lot to apply for the next round.

Things I will change on my next run is:
Will be running a SCROG
Will be running 2 plants instead of 4 as space was really tight and won't need 4 plants for SCROG
Will of course be trimming all the undergrowth so as to focus on the main buds
Will be running a more controlled Nute schedule instead of just winging it
Will be using larger pots to finish instead of the 2G ones, maybe even Air Pots, havn't decided yet

I am sure there is more I will change as well as I go

Well enough talk here is the Bud Pron(not a typo

BSG1

BSG2

BSO1

BSO2

GS1

GS2

GS3

GS4

H1

H2

H3

H4

H5

OGS1

OGS2

OGS3

OGS4

OGS5

OGW1

OGW2

OGWS1

OGWS2

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well guys I am all dried and part way into cure now. A few friends sampled and were quite impressed with the results and I have to say so am I.
I ended up with 153g from just a single Magnum which is only 180w so I think that is pretty awesome for my first grow. Let's see that works out to 0.85g/w very respectable for a first run. Also one of the 4 plants was quite the runt and didn't yield much.

I really didn't nitpick much on this first one and learned a lot of what I can do better next time.

Smoke report:

The OG Kush was a big winner with the friends, they reported just having great buzzes and we had a lot of laughs like we haven't since we were kids. I like both strains but I am happy this is the strain I am running exclusively on my next run as it has such a beautiful smell and is smooth and a nice buzz overall.

The Bag Seed I am suspecting it is something like Chemdog judging by it's smell and appearance. I find this one a little stronger and better for the late evenings as opposed to the more social buzz I got from the OG. Buds were very dense in both strains.

Well won't keep you guys waiting any more, here is the bud pron.

Y1

Y2

Y3

Y4

Y5

Y6

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Phewf, ok so now you guys are up to date. More or less. Now I have these 2 Clones I cut off the OG and this is a pic of them I guess about a week to a week and a half ago. They are in the tent now. The plan is to transplant tonight into 12.5L Air-Pots, but I am getting a little sleepy so we will see how that pans out. :)

C3

C4

D

duffman

hi i am just about to start using the 357 myself all set up just waiting on seeds, but i was wondering if you could give me any pointers? how did you go about the two light functions?
by the way nice grow man plants looked very healthy,
have you looked into autopots much?
-DuffMan

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

hi i am just about to start using the 357 myself all set up just waiting on seeds, but i was wondering if you could give me any pointers? how did you go about the two light functions?
by the way nice grow man plants looked very healthy,
have you looked into autopots much?
-DuffMan

Hey Duffman,

I did check out the autopots at my local Hydro store. Seemed cool but I felt like they lacked the space I wanted for the root system. I am thinking of going DWC a couple grows from now anyway so I'll just play around with the Air-Pots until then.

As far as using the lights. I personally on my first run didn't even have my setup together until my plants were about 6 inches tall. I kinda got excited and jumped the gun....well my Magnum actually came pretty fast but it was the Tent I was waiting on for a solid week and a half.

Anyway what I am trying to say is that my plants already had a little bit of maturity before they were exposed to the very Bright light of the Magnum. On my current run they Matured quite a bit in my clone box before being exposed to the Magnum as well. So although I do not have the experience of starting really small seedlings under the Mag, I would suggest using only the Blue spectrum when your seedlings are young.

After that I have only ever used both spectrums at once for the entire grow. I have heard of some people like dunit switching to just blues for a day every 3 or 4 days during Veg, and that seemed to work for him, but I am sure I would forget to do that in a timely manner so I just ran full the whole way through.

12-14 inches seems to be the sweet spot above the canopy. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Should have the update here in a few hours.

P

PRODUCT

looks damn good to me..

looks like in the near future, i'd say a couple years EVERYONE will be getting fat fat fat juicy buds out of LEDs

imagine how much cheaper this will be in 5 years!! dirt cheap

good work op thank u for this

Top Bottom