**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Check out youtube. Pruning tomato suckers.
I just watched 2 of them. Interesting (and very similar). I hope only leaving 6-8 branches doesn’t make my buds too big though, that would suck come dry and cure time. I also learned that determinate tomatoes are pretty much the autoflowers of tomatoes 😂

So…ever since I decided to grow I have thought about how cool it would be to prune one like a bonsai…I’ve seen some do it, but it doesn’t last long and would be a tiny yield. BUT… how awesome would it be to do a cannabonsai plant, dry it whole, cast it in resin and keep it on top of the piano or the dining room table haha. All dried so the buds look ready to smoke lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Or what if you grew it super tall, then topped it, then stripped everything except for the 2 top colas? You could let them get huge and just hang from the stalk like big xmas balls. Just 2 giant cannabulbs hanging down and swinging in full glory.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Did a little LST to the Strawberry Cheesecake…check it out, I made some …not clips but…whatever you’d call them.

I think these might work well for fabric pots. I’ll throw another thread up in case anyone is looking for their own solutions. Hope the metal isn’t bad for the soil…or jamming it into the roots either lol.
A712A34E CF42 48E3 8826 1A40BFDE9EDB

E574D9AB FF1D 424C 8680 9E3ACAE124E8
46155667 3EF8 4B53 B1B3 BF9F2D34F5D1
42179E62 0D65 4BC1 902D 841870136990

growsince79

growsince79

Did a little LST to the Strawberry Cheesecake…check it out, I made some …not clips but…whatever you’d call them.

I think these might work well for fabric pots. I’ll throw another thread up in case anyone is looking for their own solutions. Hope the metal isn’t bad for the soil…or jamming it into the roots either lol.
View attachment 1281454
View attachment 1281455View attachment 1281456View attachment 1281457
Safety pin and pipe cleaner is my choice.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

pinch and bend for me
Combination of pinch and bend, pipe cleaners, and sometimes even lst clips. However, don't rush out and buy the lst clips. They work, and do work well, but no better than pipe cleaners or super-cropping.

@Dothraki it may not be this grow, but I can see you mainlining in the near future. Check out some of the plants on @PipeCarver's profile page. You could say he's done a few and be a wealth of information on the subject. I'm sure others here have done it too.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Combination of pinch and bend, pipe cleaners, and sometimes even lst clips. However, don't rush out and buy the lst clips. They work, and do work well, but no better than pipe cleaners or super-cropping.

@Dothraki it may not be this grow, but I can see you mainlining in the near future. Check out some of the plants on @PipeCarver's profile page. You could say he's done a few and be a wealth of information on the subject. I'm sure others here have done it too.
I have seen a little about it…but never looked too far into it. I’ll check it out! I really like the idea of shaping these.

BTW….I THINK I see some stigmas starting to show up on Sour Power. The last one was a full male so I’m assuming this was pollinated by a male, and might be 100% female. If that’s the case I plan to take a couple clones and might need to bug you guys for some clones.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Looking at these little 2 Gallon pots makes me wonder two things… how small or big will the plant be and, can I grow Thai Chilis with my weed?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Anyone have tips on taking clones?

Got 2 lowest branches on Sour Power I’d like to clone…but they are only a few inches long. I’ve already started reducing the light hours (about 45min - 1 hour each day) and as I understand it’s best to take clones in veg.

I have a little 2x2x3 tent and a plastic dome.

I will need to pick up some rooting gel and some kind of light for the 2x2x3 tent.

If I take the lowest branch, should I wait until it gets 6-8” long? Right now it’s like 3” long… also should I keep it vegging longer before taking clones? I only have 2 to take so I don’t chop off main cola branches (I think).

Here’s the plant…
E0F4D532 D990 477A A98B D5EA1554A681

and here’s where (i assume) I would take the clones..
A6322D3A 1956 4ACD A3A6 132D2569C4AA

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Is there a cheap light that would work well for clones? They have a small LED at the grow shop but it’s $50

growsince79

growsince79

Anyone have tips on taking clones?

Got 2 lowest branches on Sour Power I’d like to clone…but they are only a few inches long. I’ve already started reducing the light hours (about 45min - 1 hour each day) and as I understand it’s best to take clones in veg.

I have a little 2x2x3 tent and a plastic dome.

I will need to pick up some rooting gel and some kind of light for the 2x2x3 tent.

If I take the lowest branch, should I wait until it gets 6-8” long? Right now it’s like 3” long… also should I keep it vegging longer before taking clones? I only have 2 to take so I don’t chop off main cola branches (I think).

Here’s the plant…
View attachment 1282288

and here’s where (i assume) I would take the clones..
View attachment 1282289

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Is there a cheap light that would work well for clones? They have a small LED at the grow shop but it’s $50
3" is perfect all you need is a 9w lightbulb. I don't use the jiffy pots anymore. Now I put the right in the solo cup of cocoloco, and put a baggie on top

Dothraki

Dothraki

yes and yes. it can go right in soil with a cover, 75-80f very little light. less than half what a new seedling gets.
Oh cool. So I could clip it, stick it into the dome with just a 9 watt light bulb over top? Would that mean 9w LED or actual real light bulb?

Top Bottom