**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

73F 50% RH, light meter app reading 8,000 lux and about 130 PPFD. All have reddish stems and one has red leaf veins. Maybe temps are the issue? Been about 2 weeks since breaking soil, not much growth if any in the past week.

Unhappy seedling
AD1E6316 4EFE 4D8C B998 5D1D8892BAD6

3FA705BA EB4F 4498 9686 E720C9DC17EB

Red veins
F4AB8C5E F2F8 41F6 AAAF 14A9CDE68CA1

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How easy would it be to raise your temps a bit? Can you bring that closer to 80 without increasing light intensity?

You probably said it much earlier, but what soil are you using? I've had slow starts. It can be a bit frustrating. However, they're still alive and can still thrive once you get them to begin to grow.

Dothraki

Dothraki

How easy would it be to raise your temps a bit? Can you bring that closer to 80 without increasing light intensity?

You probably said it much earlier, but what soil are you using? I've had slow starts. It can be a bit frustrating. However, they're still alive and can still thrive once you get them to begin to grow.
I could up the light intensity but raise to to equal out the intensity at the plants…but not sure if that would be enough to raise soil temps. I propped one up on an upside down solo cup to see if they just need a little more light.

Stop putting stuff in the water. Plain water -no ph shit and raise temp to 82.
I’m using Nectar For The Gods and 8.2+ tap water.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I could also kick on a little radiator…which I just did, see of it helps 🤞🤞

growsince79

growsince79

I could up the light intensity but raise to to equal out the intensity at the plants…but not sure if that would be enough to raise soil temps. I propped one up on an upside down solo cup to see if they just need a little more light.

I’m using Nectar For The Gods and 8.2+ tap water.
Why? it cant do anything good.

Dothraki

Dothraki

You don't need to feed seedlings in soil- especially when they are stunted from overwater and low temp..
I’m not feeding them…well I suppose there is nutrients in the soil, but the Herc is just liquid bone meal I’m using to bring down the PH for watering, since my water is over 8ph. You think they are overwatered and too low temps? I’ll ckeck it out tomoorow and inspect the soil a bit closer, they feel pretty light though except for the one I watered today. I kicked on the radiator to see if it helps. Damn, maybe a seedling heat pad is a good idea after all lol.

My suggestions with out going crazy:

Mycorrhizae
Earth worm castings

I think these are essential for soil grows. But it sounds like you don't have much of a root system growing for some reason.
Yeah, probably low temps and moist soil like grow79 says…but I think Medusa’s Magic covers earthworm castings in their line which I do have.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Quick question - What led you to using Nectar of the Gods #4 soil? I've not used any of the product line. It seems much more pricey than it should be. While I'm also not a big Fox Farm fan, Happy Frog seems to be an ideal seedling mix ... if you add some course perlite to the mix. In my opinion, Nectar of the Gods has set their prices higher than the competitors with the hopes that someone will think their products are far superior. The truth is, they are not. They are designed to force you to use the whole product line which means more $$$ for them in the process.

Now in their defense, their products aren't horrible, just pricey.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
oops forgot to answer… it’s nectar for the gods #4 soil, supposedly it’s not hot like FF
Hey there, I only grow in peat mixes, I find when I run my 7.2ph water through a gallon of soil...no plants....the run off is 6.5...the soil has buffers in it to balance the ph...try it with your water just to see what you get....like G79 says normally you don't need to use anything to bring it down.........I don't feed my seedlings until I transplant into 1 gal pots, then I'll lightly feed. You'll see them fading yellow if they need food at about 3 weeks.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Quick question - What led you to using Nectar of the Gods #4 soil? I've not used any of the product line. It seems much more pricey than it should be. While I'm also not a big Fox Farm fan, Happy Frog seems to be an ideal seedling mix ... if you add some course perlite to the mix. In my opinion, Nectar of the Gods has set their prices higher than the competitors with the hopes that someone will think their products are far superior. The truth is, they are not. They are designed to force you to use the whole product line which means more $$$ for them in the process.

Now in their defense, their products aren't horrible, just pricey.
I chose the #4 soil just because I am using their nutrient line…part of it anyway. The reason I chose it was because everything I’ve heard is that it’s one of the best for quality, works well with bad tap water, and the sample kit (which is enough for multiple grows) was only like 40 bucks total. But haven’t heard anything bad about it especially for those using bad tap water. Plus you can get support from the guy that created it along with a dedicated youtube channel going over different regiments and troubleshooting.

Top Bottom