**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

i use #4 soil, my trick for seedlings is a tsp of one shot and table spoon of ewc top dressed as soon as first leaves form. this will normally carry them through till transplant. You really don't want to be adding the herc at this point.
Awesome, great to know! Here’s a current pic…do you think it’d still be a good idea to add one shot and ewc? I can go grab some today.

Btw… I JUST watered, so would probably need to wait a few days.
89087E31 9767 486B 9B0F 334FC493F008
E37AC9C2 E33C 4874 8A83 9054AEE868A7

Dothraki

Dothraki

yeah, throw it on top, then just water when its time.
Cool thanks. Just picked up One Shot and some EWC. I plan to top dress the ewc next watering but wait until I pot up to add One Shot to the soil.

Those look overwatered; or at least they were at one time. The orange perlite is a dead giveaway. Did you ever weigh a fully saturated cup?
lol I knew you were going to say that. They haven’t been overwatered. The perlite looked like that when I watered the first time, probably from the Herc Harvest because I had to add a lot of Herc to bring PH down. Yes I weighed a dry cup it was around 160g, gave about 60 grams of water to each one after they were completely dry.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Picked up some “Gnatrol WDG” for the gnats. It’s some sort of powdered BTI apparently. Anyone ever use it?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Cool thanks. Just picked up One Shot and some EWC. I plan to top dress the ewc next watering but wait until I pot up to add One Shot to the soil.

lol I knew you were going to say that. They haven’t been overwatered. The perlite looked like that when I watered the first time, probably from the Herc Harvest because I had to add a lot of Herc to bring PH down. Yes I weighed a dry cup it was around 160g, gave about 60 grams of water to each one after they were completely dry.
the one shot will take time to break down. i would add them both now. you dont need to wait till next water. if the soil is moist it will start working. the two work really well together. the molasses coating on the one shot will feed microbes in the ewc

growsince79

growsince79

Was that 220g completely saturated to runoff and wait till it stops leaking to weigh? How does bone meal lower ph? Seems like that would raise it. What do you use to test ph?

Dothraki

Dothraki

the one shot will take time to break down. i would add them both now. you dont need to wait till next water. if the soil is moist it will start working. the two work really well together. the molasses coating on the one shot will feed microbes in the ewc
So would I just sprinkle a few one shot pellets on top then cover them with the ewc? Or should I dig up the soil around the top and try to mix them in? I’m assuming I wouldn’t use a whole teaspoon of 1shot per solo cup right?

Was that 220g completely saturated to runoff and wait till it stops leaking to weigh? How does bone meal lower ph? Seems like that would raise it. What do you use to test ph?
yeah, few drops out the bottom of the cups. I use a PH pen to test.

Herculean harvest will lower the ph but he will need to use too much of it.
Ain’t that the truth lol. I was like “holy crap I’ll use the whole bottle just for water days” but then was told to try Gaia Mania to lower PH on water only days. I hope it works better.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

So would I just sprinkle a few one shot pellets on top then cover them with the ewc? Or should I dig up the soil around the top and try to mix them in? I’m assuming I wouldn’t use a whole teaspoon of 1shot per solo cup right?

yeah, few drops out the bottom of the cups. I use a PH pen to test.

Ain’t that the truth lol. I was like “holy crap I’ll use the whole bottle just for water days” but then was told to try Gaia Mania to lower PH on water only days. I hope it works better.
i use a tsp of one shot and 1 tbls of ewc per solo cup. one shot first and cover with ewc.
Gaias mana is going to be alot of food for those seedlings, do you have another way to lower ph?

Dothraki

Dothraki

i use a tsp of one shot and 1 tbls of ewc per solo cup. one shot first and cover with ewc.
Gaias mana is going to be alot of food for those seedlings, do you have another way to lower ph?
Perfect! … and yeah you’re right I will go pick up some hades down tomorrow.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

These 2 got the same treatment in much smaller pots and they are doing great. They will just get fliltered tap water, ph 7.3, till transplant. These days i only ph the feeds

20220818 151757
20220818 151753
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Damn that looks phenomenal. So you don’t feed the nftg until transplant, just filtered water, one shot and ewc in #4 soil?
Yup, even then I will add more one shot and ewc, then just light feeds till flower. I use the demeters about twice the recommended dose, its key to getting enough mag to the plant. Here is my latest grow diary if you want to check it out. I vegged them way to long but they are looking great right now
Post in thread 'Dreamnfox with new Spider Farmer Tent' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/dreamnfox-with-new-spider-farmer-tent.137764/post-2833794

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yup, even then I will add more one shot and ewc, then just light feeds till flower. I use the demeters about twice the recommended dose, its key to getting enough mag to the plant. Here is my latest grow diary if you want to check it out. I vegged them way to long but they are looking great right now
Post in thread 'Dreamnfox with new Spider Farmer Tent' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/dreamnfox-with-new-spider-farmer-tent.137764/post-2833794
Good to know about the DD for mag boost. I’m curious what your soil PH is. And if lowering it would better allow the calcium to chelate the magnesium. I’m sorta expecting some mag issues myself.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Good to know about the DD for mag boost. I’m curious what your soil PH is. And if lowering it would better allow the calcium to chelate the magnesium. I’m sorta expecting some mag issues myself.

imo you are wasting time and energy, probably doing yourself more damage trying to pH buffer your soil grows. My tap water comes in at 7.9-8.1 and I do not adjust EVER.

Latest posts

Top Bottom