**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey guys! I’m back!
Thanks to everyone on this forum (you all know who you are) I’ve been smoking on some potent buds the past few months. This time it’s going to be in soil with NFTG and….the new addition to my grow space..

Spider-Farmer SF4000!
90FC245D-870D-4AD0-93F9-EC32EFEDE240.jpeg

11C429CE-B059-4007-B8E5-77760838538D.jpeg

8D48702D-24A5-4100-B0F1-C700D46FEC93.jpeg

Got 2 seeds out of 6 popped and in soil. Hoping to flower 4 plants in the 3x3.

-Grow Details-

3x3 Tent with 6” exhaust fan & carbon filter

Light: Spider-Farmer SF4000
Medium: NFTG #4 Soil
Nutrients: NFTG Sample Kit Regiment
Water: Tap water @ .5 EC / 8.2 PH (ouch!)
SEEDS:
Humboldt Seed Co. Feminized- 2 Hella Jelly, 2 Strawberry Cheesecake.
Bag Seed- 2 Sour Power seeds found in some dank delicious buds.

Starting in #4 soil in solo cups, watering with Tap + Herculean Harvest @ 6.3PH
Will transplant to 3 Gallon fabric pots when ready.

Light is starting at 40% power, 45” above dirt. Will adjust as needed.

Last grow my 1 Sour Power seed popped, became the healthiest and biggest plant…but then decided to grow some balls. Let’s hope I get a lady this time.

This will be my First time topping too. Gotta keep them small to fit at least 4 in the 3x3 during flower.

Please join me for the ride! It’s gonna get rocky…and I’ll need some cannassistance along the way.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Welcome back! My experience with that light is it's got some serious hot spots. You'll notice the LED pattern on the board has the LEDs in the middle spaced further apart in an effort to counteract it.

You're doing the right thing starting high and at less than half power. Watch for light stress with that SF4000 in a 3 x 3. It can creep up on you quickly. This isn't a light you can bring down real close to the canopy. It will do you well if you give your plants extra space and allow them to grow up into it.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Welcome back! My experience with that light is it's got some serious hot spots. You'll notice the LED pattern on the board has the LEDs in the middle spaced further apart in an effort to counteract it.

You're doing the right thing starting high and at less than half power. Watch for light stress with that SF4000 in a 3 x 3. It can creep up on you quickly. This isn't a light you can bring down real close to the canopy. It will do you well if you give your plants extra space and allow them to grow up into it.
Ah…good stuff to know! Thanks for the tips I’ll be sure to keep an eye out!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Question. Why would you go with the sf4000, when you have a more capable bar style? Don’t you have se3000, and 5000?

I have heard the new model sf4000 does have better distribution of the diodes, but quantum boards are old news for efficiency, and coverage.
The coverage of a bar light is so much superior and because it's designed for even light distribution, I think they are easier to use without hot spot issues.

After running the SF4000 for a couple of grows, I am switching back. I ran it because it was a gift from our sponsor ... I believe if a person understands that its a very intense light right under the board and counters that with more room between the light and the canopy it can do a very good job. You just need more vertical space to make it work and your filter system is taking up a lot of that room.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

On my original issue sf4000, it’s mega hot in the middle, had to tuck branches away from the centre to keep from burning.
Like is said earlier tho, new model looks superior.
Mine is the newer model like he's got hanging in his tent. The issue is still there although probably not nearly as bad. Room for the light can be an issue towards the end of the grow unless a grower is aware and plans ahead how to handle this through the grow. Topping/LST and/or flipping to 12/12 when the plant is still small for example.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Question. Why would you go with the sf4000, when you have a more capable bar style? Don’t you have se3000, and 5000?

I have heard the new model sf4000 does have better distribution of the diodes, but quantum boards are old news for efficiency, and coverage.
I do have the SE3000 and SE5000 but there is something the SF4000 has that my others did not…it provides that extra little bit of heat to warm up my tent. One thing I learned from the first grow was my tent location is a steady 68 degrees for the most part whoch was just too cold, especially running LED. I was running a little heater nonstop throughout the grow and still struggling to get temps up enough. The SF4000 adds just the right boost to help out in that regard…but ultimately, it’s what they sent me, I just happen to have found an instant benefit with it over the bar styles.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I do have the SE3000 and SE5000 but there is something the SF4000 has that my others did not…it provides that extra little bit of heat to warm up my tent. One thing I learned from the first grow was my tent location is a steady 68 degrees for the most part whoch was just too cold, especially running LED. I was running a little heater nonstop throughout the grow and still struggling to get temps up enough. The SF4000 adds just the right boost to help out in that regard…but ultimately, it’s what they sent me, I just happen to have found an instant benefit with it over the bar styles.
You'll do fine with it especially since you've been tipped off about the hot spots.

If you think vertical space will be an issue, stand your filter on the floor and pull the air out of the tent and through the filter. You will want to pre-filter your exhaust with something like this:

Pre filter

Dothraki

Dothraki

You'll do fine with it especially since you've been tipped off about the hot spots.

If you think vertical space will be an issue, stand your filter on the floor and pull the air out of the tent and through the filter. You will want to pre-filter your exhaust with something like this:

View attachment 1266359
I was actually thinking about using the filter to blow fresh air into the tent, since I don’t need to worry about the bud smell in flower. Help reduce particles going in… I might do that, it’d give me more vertical space too, although I hope to top and train to keep them small.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I was actually thinking about using the filter to blow fresh air into the tent, since I don’t need to worry about the bud smell in flower. Help reduce particles going in… I might do that, it’d give me more vertical space too, although I hope to top and train to keep them small.
Once I set myself up for my fall run, I'll be using my 6" carbon filter system for intake air and my 8" for exhaust. The air exchange will be more critical to you than smell control.

Personally I'm not overly concerned about smell, I'm legal and there's not much on earth that smells better to me than the smell of dank.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Once I set myself up for my fall run, I'll be using my 6" carbon filter system for intake air and my 8" for exhaust. The air exchange will be more critical to you than smell control.

Personally I'm not overly concerned about smell, I'm legal and there's not much on earth that smells better to me than the smell of dank.
I agree! Imagine a house full of flowering buds in every room, with some Mysore sandalwood on a little incense heater…oh yeah!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok, all in dirt. Now…getting used to watering dirt instead of coco. I pre-moistened the soil with tap + Herc @ 6.3PH before dropping the germinated seeds in. Just like last time, one grew completely out of it’s shell and already had tiny cotyledon leaves in the paper towel lol. But it’s popping up through the soil now so I think it’s good.

BA363ADA 6BD9 45A9 9259 241F3DD5DF3B

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Hey guys! I’m back!
Thanks to everyone on this forum (you all know who you are) I’ve been smoking on some potent buds the past few months. This time it’s going to be in soil with NFTG and….the new addition to my grow space..

Spider-Farmer SF4000!
View attachment 1266157
View attachment 1266158

View attachment 1266159

Got 2 seeds out of 6 popped and in soil. Hoping to flower 4 plants in the 3x3.

-Grow Details-

3x3 Tent with 6” exhaust fan & carbon filter

Light: Spider-Farmer SF4000
Medium: NFTG #4 Soil
Nutrients: NFTG Sample Kit Regiment
Water: Tap water @ .5 EC / 8.2 PH (ouch!)
SEEDS:
Humboldt Seed Co. Feminized- 2 Hella Jelly, 2 Strawberry Cheesecake.
Bag Seed- 2 Sour Power seeds found in some dank delicious buds.

Starting in #4 soil in solo cups, watering with Tap + Herculean Harvest @ 6.3PH
Will transplant to 3 Gallon fabric pots when ready.

Light is starting at 40% power, 45” above dirt. Will adjust as needed.

Last grow my 1 Sour Power seed popped, became the healthiest and biggest plant…but then decided to grow some balls. Let’s hope I get a lady this time.

This will be my First time topping too. Gotta keep them small to fit at least 4 in the 3x3 during flower.

Please join me for the ride! It’s gonna get rocky…and I’ll need some cannassistance along the way.
I love strawberry strains. My all time fav is strawberry cough. I have PTSD & anxiety & found it worked wonders for my symptoms. Better than prescribed benzodiazepines!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

@Bib4tuna pull up a chair and watch the grow. This guy has one of my favorite profile pics. He's also a pretty good guy all the way around.
Look forward to it. I just loving watch these plants grow. I started late this season but grew anyways because I just wanted to for sake of the grow. Something awesome about watching something you grow come to fruition!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Dropped the light to 45” @ 40% power (it was actually 45% before) because they seemed to be stretching

View attachment 1266836
View attachment 1266837
View attachment 1266838
View attachment 1266839

I've got a nice little tip for you this early in the game. Think "blue" spectrum. About 6500k. You will find those frequently being sold as LED shop lights. They are also pretty inexpensive. I have 3 5000 lumen 4' long florescent style tubes zip-tied to a 12" x 48" sheet of peg board. This is my veg light. I can start with 1 on, move to 2, and then to 3 as they grow larger. They come in 2' models too. You can keep them fairly close and the blue keeps them short and stocky.

Calling on @growsince79. He sings the "blues" when it comes to cannabis. I'm sure he'll have some other low budget ideas to boost the blue spectrums.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I've got a nice little tip for you this early in the game. Think "blue" spectrum. About 6500k. You will find those frequently being sold as LED shop lights. They are also pretty inexpensive. I have 3 5000 lumen 4' long florescent style tubes zip-tied to a 12" x 48" sheet of peg board. This is my veg light. I can start with 1 on, move to 2, and then to 3 as they grow larger. They come in 2' models too. You can keep them fairly close and the blue keeps them short and stocky.

Calling on @growsince79. He sings the "blues" when it comes to cannabis. I'm sure he'll have some other low budget ideas to boost the blue spectrums.
No more budget at the moment (save whatever bottle of nutes I run out of first before harvest lol) but would love to hear about it. Maybe in the future the 3x3 for veg, 5x5 for flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom